- COMING SOON
- JUST ARRIVED
- CRAFT & ART SUPPLIES
- PRACTICAL ART
- SEWING PATTERNS
- BOOKS FOR ALL TASTES
- WOODWORKING & DIY
- SALES & SPECIALS
- GIFT CERTIFICATES
Straw Bale Gardens Complete
Whatever your gardening challenge, Straw Bale Gardens Complete holds the solution.
Have a small or unusual space? The technique is perfect for urban, rooftop and balcony gardens. Contaminated soil? Planting in straw bales eliminates the problem. Are you inundated by weeds? With straw bales, there is no weeding. The advantages of growing a straw bale garden go on and on: they require 75 percent less labour, their raised height makes planting easier, they extend the growing season, prevent disease and insect issues, are portable, hold water well but are impossible to over water, they create excellent compost and can be grown 100 percent organically.
Among the new subjects in this revised edition:
- Cultivating mushrooms in straw and straw bales
- How to grow plants in hay bales (and how to tell the difference between hay and straw)
- Tips and ideas for making your straw bale garden more attractive
- How to make a cold frame with straw bales
- Trellising projects for growing vertically
- And much more!
Size250 x 190mm
PublisherCool Springs Press