- COMING SOON
- JUST ARRIVED
- CRAFT & ART SUPPLIES
- PRACTICAL ART
- SEWING PATTERNS
- BOOKS FOR ALL TASTES
- WOODWORKING & DIY
- SALES & SPECIALS
- GIFT CERTIFICATES
Simple Shapes, Stunning Quilts
Simple Shapes Stunning Quilts teaches you the basics of quilt design; it is packed full of pattern blocks that use the simplest shapes in order to build up your quilt. Each of the 100 blocks can be used to make one of the quilt designs. Alternatively, quilters can adapt any of the pattern blocks; they can personalize treatments, colours and arrangements, add extra borders, and more. Making your own design is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Select a simple shape to work with.
- Sew the shapes together to make the pattern block.
- Repeat the block to build up the full, stunning quilt.
The book is divided into five main pattern chapters:
- One-Patch Quilts – 20 quilts using a single, repeated shape
- Strips and Squares – 20 quilts that turn strips and squares into a tessellated triumph
- Triangles – 20 quilts using half, square triangles, half rectangles and equilateral triangles
- Curves – 20 quilts that show off your curves
- Foundation Piecing – 20 quilts to create unique blocks from the easiest shapes using paper foundation piecing
Alongside the patterns, and quilt design, the author has drawn on years of teaching experience to include the ultimate quilting hacks, tips and tricks, as well as his `rules' for successful quilting. The techniques chapter covers basic skills, design skills, cutting skills, paper piecing, easy appliqué techniques and advice on how to add border and binding with the help of step-by-step photographs. This book is perfect for beginners attempting their first quilt, and experienced quilters looking for new inspiration. Stuart's designs and irresistible enthusiasm reveal the power of simple shapes and will inspire you to make spectacular quilts your way.
Size245 x 190mm