Can Do Books is the home of fine leisure books and sewing patterns. We offer the best range in Australia, at great prices, especially for crafters, gardeners, woodworkers and photographers.
Embellish magazine aims to fuse fashion, fantasy and art into everyday items, gifts and homewares.
- An Interview with Sophie Standing, textile artist as told to Lynda Worthington
- Luscious Lutradur by Barbara McLennan
- Shop Profile: Can Do Books by Stephanie Reekie
- Reader Postcard Challenge by Lynda Worthington
- Quilts that are not just art, not just traditional, but somewhere in between by Marion Matthews
- With love, from Africa: Egypt, Tanzania and Kenya by Robynn-El Ross
- Painting, printmaking and mixed media by Liz Wauchope.
Projects in this issue include:
- Zebra Skin Pin Cushion by Lynda Worthington
- African Mask by Diane Núñez
- African Adventure in Felt and Stitch by Jackie Cardy
- Z is for Zebra by Neroli Henderson
- Bogolanfini (Mud Cloth) by Sylvia Riley
- Inspired by a Book by Dale Rollerson
- Kathryn Hill: How to make a mixed media collage by Liz Wauchope
- Harriet Hippo by Jenny Occleshaw
Monika Schleich, shares her expert techniques for sewing these 17 soft, cuddly and adorable teddy bears. Choose from vintage style teddy bears, polar bears, baby bears, pandas and plenty more soft-paw companions!
- Includes an illustrated basic techniques guide to teach you all you will need to know about sewing, mending and shaping your bears
- Easy to follow, step-by-step instructions for every project
- Teddy-bear pattern templates accompanying every design
Look inside the book.$19.99
Coated stainless steel with quality screw joint – ideal for trimming and embroidery. 13 cm long
Post is free on this item. Postage will be automatically added at the checkout but the total will be adjusted when we process your order. If you pay by PayPal we will refund your PayPal account.
This inspiring book from the editors of Fine Gardening magazine shares the most popular design ideas and easy planting solutions for creating gardens with less dirt and less space than you ever imagined.
From high yielding, small-space vegetable gardens to decorative small spaces that appear larger than they are by making the best use of the landscape, this primer is full of design ideas. It is packed with eye-catching small garden designs, advice on choosing the best plants for your space and locale and strategies for keeping plants healthy and lush in cramped environments.$29.99
Lee Hammond demystifies the process of drawing clothing through a series of easy-to-follow step-by-step demonstrations that will have you drawing like a pro in no time.
With an emphasis on the human body and five different folds of fabric, Lee explores the countless ways that fabric moves and drapes on the human form.
- 30 step-by-step demonstrations ranging from the basics of anatomy to masterful statuary poses to elegant and realistic clothing patterns and styles
- Focuses on clothing the body and the way fabric moves and drapes, and the importance of light and shading
- Explores a variety of fabric and patterns: lace, stripes, crochet, denim, plaid and much more!
The art of handcrafted stringing and linking jewellery is a fun and accessible way to create a range of stunning pieces from the comfort of your home.
In this comprehensive guide, there are 30 main projects, each with extra projects to complete a set or to complement the main design, plus there is a wealth of advice on tools, materials and techniques, making it the perfect book for beginners.
Featuring projects from a range of jewellery designers, there is bound to be something to suit everyone. Step-by-step instructions, clear step photography and handy tips throughout will ensure confidence grows until you're happy to make alterations to suit, or to design your own masterpiece from scratch.$34.99