Can Do Books is the home of fine leisure books and sewing patterns. We offer the best range in Australia, at great prices, especially for crafters, gardeners, woodworkers and photographers.
Featuring feline facts, this book lets you discover such treats as:
- Sir Isaac Newton's invention of the cat flap
- The origins and popularity of cat names
- The power of catnip
- How long cats spend asleep each day
- TS Eliot's "Practical Cats"
- The famous Chopin waltz that was in fact composed by his cat
Myrtle has a beautifully draped cowl neckline, a comfortable and figure skimming elasticized waist, and a flowing gathered skirt with in-seam pockets.
The skirt of Version 1 falls just below the knee. Version 2 features adjustable button-on shoulder tabs and an above-the-knee hemline.
Skill Level: Beginner
Sizes: XS – 3XL$21.00
This bestselling book has been fully updated to include the latest available practical remedies and solutions for your garden.
Covering a wide variety of common disorders affecting flowers, fruit, vegetables, shrubs and trees, it provides clear colour illustrations of weeds, pests and diseases, allowing you to spot at a glance the problem affecting your plants. Easy-to-follow text provides simple steps to rid yourself of even the nastiest pests.$24.99
This book is a beautiful reference with style as well as substance so that anyone, including children, can make a variety of soaps you will be proud to use, display and give away!
Expert artisan soap maker Sarah Harper uses two key techniques – the traditional Cold-Process method and the fast and fun Melt-and-Pour method – and features:
- 20 contemporary projects – gorgeous soaps for glamour girls, hardworking soaps for gardeners, decadent gifts for men, 'surprise inside' soaps that will make kids' bathtime fun, as well as natural cleaning products for the home
- Natural products that are not only kinder to your skin but also better for the planet, helping you to achieve a less chemical-filled, lower impact lifestyle
- Step-by-step photography and author's insightful advice from years of experience teaching soap-making makes every project in the book achievable, dispelling any fears or doubts you may have and guiding you effortlessly from start to finish
- Handy tips with an easy, approachable style, as well as creative ideas for packaging and presentation
From insect bites, insomnia and upset stomach to nasal congestion, stress and heart health, this authoritative and comprehensive guide offers easy, effective recipes to bolster your resistance to illness, ease aches and pains and manage minor ailments naturally.
The authors explain the science behind these remedies, debunk common myths and let you know when to call the doctor. In addition, they provide a blueprint for wellness for you and your family. The book's 500 recipes contain readily available, inexpensive, and safe ingredients. Many you'll find within your cupboards or at the grocery store. For instance:
- Dab on tea tree oil to clear up acne
- Gargle with sage and thyme tea to combat sore throat
- Engage in mindfulness exercises for weight loss
- Eat chia seed to help with hay fever
- Whip up a calendula salve for diaper rash
- Heal dry skin with coconut oil
- Lift mood with a gratitude journal
- Take elderberry syrup for influenza
- Apply aloe vera gel and peppermint essential oil to sore muscles
More than 150,000 people work in haute couture. Many of them labour behind the scenes, applying their talents in ateliers devoted to creativity and meticulous attention to detail. This beautiful book takes you behind the fashion scenes, allowing the best haute couture designers, embroiderers, leather craftsmen, lacemakers, perfumiers and jewelers to share their work.
The specially taken photographs show step-by-step the complex processes behind the creation of each piece of clothing or jewelry, while many other stunning pictures capture the beauty of the fabrics, materials, dresses and ornaments.$64.99