Can Do Books is the home of fine leisure books and sewing patterns. We offer the best range in Australia, at great prices, especially for crafters, artists, gardeners and woodworkers. Subscribe to receive the latest updates on new titles.
Our March catalogues are now online with some excellent new releases and lots of sale items on offer!
Samantha Duck is getting ready for Christmas. `I'm going to give presents to animals all over the world!' Her friend Sebastian tells her not to bother. `Christmas is not for animals,' he says.
But with the help of her farmyard friends, Samantha sets out to prove that Christmas is for everyone. A joyous tale of giving and sharing from two award-winning Australian creators.
Recommended for ages 2+.$24.99
In this concise book, Hazel Soan explains everything you need to know about oils in an accessible way.
- Advice on the materials you need (keeping things to a minimum), how to mix colours, basic brush techniques and how to use a palette knife
- Subjects range from still life, flowers, animals, landscapes, figures and portraits
- Filled with easy-to-follow exercises and demonstrations
This is a practical and helpful guide to learning to paint in oils very quickly.$19.99$12.00
With an Oriental flair and choice of two patch or two welt pockets on the outside, plus six secure hidden pockets in the lining.
Take a trip around the world or around the block and leave your purse at home. Pockets hold all your essentials, safe and handy, leaving your hands free for everyday things. Wardrobe plan included.
Multi-sized: 6 – 20
With clear instruction, step-by-step sequences and over 25 projects, this practical book shows you how to access the steampunk world and make unique jewellery and accessories that will complete an outfit and transport you to another era, full of excitement, potential and extravagance.
- Introduction to the world of steampunk and its origins
- Advice on designing unique pieces and creating your own steampunk style
- Over 25 projects ranging from simple cog necklaces to more intricate goggles and ray guns
- Accessories and outfits for both men and women
- Inspirational photos and advice to help put an outfit together
Part nostalgia, part how-to guide, The Little Book of Slow offers practical suggestions, recipes and more for making delicious food from scratch and cultivating meaningful activities and pastimes. Bestselling cookbook author Sally Wise teams up with radio personality Paul McIntyre to help you slow your life down, relax and de-stress with vintage inspiration from a more leisurely time.
Discover how to make your own bread, pickles and preserves, fresh cheeses and yoghurt. Pack the perfect picnic, cook over a campfire or host a vintage-style high tea. Or be inspired to take up slow hobbies and pastimes like beachcombing, collecting vinyl, playing boardgames or cards and holding dinner parties.$24.99
Craving more gorgeous appliqué from award-winning author Deborah Kemball?
This pattern pack includes complete instructions and full-size pattern sheets for a floral quilt (52 × 52 inches / 132 x 132 cm) in two colourways, plus instructions to turn any of the 9 blocks into a sophisticated pillow. Stitch the 24 motifs using needleturn appliqué, then embellish with embroidery stitches. Simpler than they appear, these detailed projects are a joy to create.
- Exuberant mix of floral motifs in the author’s signature style
- Basics section covers hand appliqué with freezer paper or plastic templates
- Two projects for the price of one! Blocks, pillows and borders, too