Can Do Books is the home of fine leisure books and sewing patterns. We offer the best range in Australia, at great prices, especially for crafters, gardeners, woodworkers and photographers.
Combined with the original A–Z of Embroidery Stitches, this book completes a comprehensive dictionary of embroidery stitches and techniques. It offers every embroiderer a perfect way to add variety and interest to every new stitching project.
- Comprehensive guide to embroidery stitches
- Ultra-clear visuals make it easy to learn new techniques
- Historical insights and beautiful embroideries add to the inspiration
- Full of hints and tips covering all the embroiderer needs to know
- Revamped design with a durable soft cover for this long-awaited reprint
Unlock the possibilities within hexagons and make your own unique blocks. Learn the glue-basting method of English paper piecing and use it to create exciting designs. You'll enjoy relaxing handwork as you incorporate hexagons into decorative projects.
- Select from 52 patterns for 6" blocks
- Divide the shapes within the hexagon outline and discover new shapes
- Stitch projects ranging from a mug rug and candle mat to a bed-sized quilt
You're sure to love these gorgeous patterns brimming with the latest tangles and techniques that will inspire your doodling dreams.
- 100+ Zen doodled art pieces from 48 artists
- Step-by-step instructions to help you on your doodling journey
- Spotlight sections on your favourite Zen doodle artists
Author Jeff Jewitt, a professional refinisher with over 30 years' experience, shares his tricks, shortcuts and tools of the trade in an easy-to-follow book / DVD set.
Weekend refinishers as well as professional woodworkers will benefit from the insider tips on how to evaluate the condition of a piece to decide the best strategy for rejuvenating it, repair and revive finishes to enhance their beauty while preserving their patina and match an old finish for a seamless look.$34.99
This greatly expanded bible for organic growers features the basics of: planning, preparing soil, composting, developing a planting guide, propagate, sow and germinate seeds.
Plus a new section on growing Australian bush food and the herbs and spices that give unique character to the cuisines of China, Greece, Malaysia + more.
There are additional chapters featuring topics including mushrooms, edible flowers and weeds, growing in containers, storing and collecting heirloom seeds, growing Asian greens, cabbages and unusual vegetables. Including extensive instructions for growing 115 vegetables.$34.99
With the help of The Sewing Bible, a step-by-step practical guide to altering clothes, you'll learn a whole array of clever skills to alter your clothes like a professional, but at minimal cost.
Starting with the most common and easiest alteration, shortening trousers, and working towards the most technically challenging, shortening the sleeves on a lined jacket, this guide will take you through every stage of clothing alteration with easy-to-follow, step-by-step illustrations providing a helpful visual guide.$39.99