Troubleshooting for Jewelers
This comprehensive resource is a must-have for all jewellers. It covers hundreds of mistakes, accidents, roadblocks and disasters that jewellers, especially beginner and intermediate, may encounter. Laid out in an instinctive problem-to-solution order and exhaustively illustrated, it is designed for quick reference and ease of use.
Troubleshooting for Jewellers opens with 150 diagnostic charts that act as a first point of reference to identify the most common problems. The principal task is to recognize where the jeweller is going wrong, so the book provides several options for possible causes alongside suggested remedies. These are organized by metalwork technique.
Helpful features include:
- Colour-coded tabs for easy navigation
- Descriptions of how a problem looks and feels
- Potential causes are listed for each problem
- Beautiful finished pieces are shown to demonstrate what can be achieved
- Key stages of the technique are demonstrated
- Images of the faults to aid easy diagnosis
- Photographs demonstrate the best ways to remedy the issue at hand
The book closes with indispensable measurements and conversion tables, health and safety procedures and a glossary. This is a practical reference that all jewellery makers will use at one time or another.
Size250 x 190mm