From the pages of Barbara Brackman’s Third Edition of the Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns book, BlockBase+ brings over 4,000 quilt blocks to your computer screen. Barbara’s decades of research are available to you in this organized and user-friendly software for Windows and Mac computers. Packed with complete publication information for each block, robust search features, exporting and printing capabilities, it’s the perfect quilting tool for all skill levels!
- View Blocks Take a “scroll” through 4,264 blocks organized in categories of One Patch, Non-Square, Fans, Wheels, Stars and many more! Zoom in on a block to see it in full detail! Learn the original published names for each block and from what source each was first published. Some blocks have multiple names and sources!
- Find Blocks BlockBase+ comes with advanced search features! If you have the Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns by Barbara Brackman, you can use the search feature to find a block based on the Brackman ID listed in the book. Or you can search by keyword, source or category (skill level, piecing style, etc.) to scour the database for blocks based on specific criteria.
- Print Blocks BlockBase+ is a block-printing powerhouse! Choose to print a picture of the block, templates, rotary cutting chart, or foundation pattern in any size. Each printing style comes with customizable settings so your printout fits your needs. Enter the desired finished size and seam allowance, then print. Use the interactive print preview to move and rotate pattern pieces on the pages and add new pages if necessary. Includes a 1-inch scale square to ensure your printouts are true to size. Not ready to print and sew? Save your customized preview as a PDF file to come back to later.
- Export Blocks Every block can be exported as a low - or high-resolution PNG or JPG file to use in documents, on the web or just to show your friends the next block you plan to sew. If you have a fabric cutter, BlockBase+ can export SVG files for use in fabric-cutting machines. Choose the size and save the file for your cutter.
- Preview LayoutsChoose a block to view in seven pre-designed quilt layouts. The selected block will display in a simple click-through dialog box so you can preview that block in different settings. You’ll be amazed by the secondary designs created when some of these blocks are repeated in a layout.
The BlockBase+ package contains a single-user software download license and instructions for claiming the download and installing. Licence is non-transferable once claimed. No media device included.
- Minimum System Requirements: BlockBase+ will not run on Chromebooks or any devices running Android or iOS. BlockBase+ requires Windows or Mac operating systems: Windows 10; macOS Catalina (10.15), Mojave (10.14), High Sierra (10.13), Sierra (10.12). Customers receive both Mac and Windows versions of BlockBase+ upon purchasing.
- Internet Access Required: Internet access required for downloading, activating, periodic validation and accessing the support materials.
- Activation: Two (2) computers may be simultaneously active. Activations can be easily transferred between computers.
- Space Requirements: 250 MB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation.
- Recommended Resolution: Screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 or greater.