- COMING SOON
- JUST ARRIVED
- CRAFT & ART SUPPLIES
- PRACTICAL ART
- SEWING PATTERNS
- BOOKS FOR ALL TASTES
- WOODWORKING & DIY
- SALES & SPECIALS
- GIFT CERTIFICATES
Knitting on Top of the World
Nicky Epstein takes readers on a world tour of knitting techniques – such as Fair Isle, appliqué, Aran, intarsia, Bohus and entrelac – detailing their origins and uses in folk knitting techniques from around the globe, then reinvigorating and recombining them in her own inimitable way to create 50 innovative and fashion-forward designs.
Nicky's comprehensive overview of knitting history, techniques and design covers six far-flung regions:
- The Far North (Scandinavia, Iceland, Latvia, Russia, Estonia)
- The Windswept Isles (England, Scotland, Ireland, Guernsey)
- Old World Europe (Italy, France, Austria, Germany)
- Around the Mediterranean (Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt)
- The Far East (China, Japan, Mongolia)
- The New World (Canada, the United States, Mexico, Peru, Bolivia).
The book also includes an extensive section of illustrated knitting how-tos and an index.
Look inside the book.
Size285 x 245mm
PublisherSixth & Spring