Inspiration for twist and cable designs can be seen everywhere in the natural world and the urban environment, from the cracks in the pavement to building walls, posts and pillars. In A Knitter's Sketchbook, creative designer Emma Vining shares her experience of capturing pattern ideas in many diverse locations and settings, offering a design-led approach to creating unique knitting stitch patterns.
This book can be used in many different ways: as a stitch library, a collection of knitting patterns or as a starting point to inspire designs for a personalized knitter's sketchbook.
This beautifully illustrated book:
- Explores the history of knitted twists and cables
- Demonstrates how using different yarns affect stitch patterns
- Describes twist and cable techniques and terminology
- Presents a wide-ranging stitch library with ideas to inspire further designs
- Illustrates the techniques with 10 creative accessory patterns
Size260 x 210mm