Alan Lacer's Woodturning Projects and Techniques
Selected from more than 15 years of articles from one of the country's top turners, Alan Lacer's Woodturning Projects & Techniques has everything you need to learn to turn and take your lathe skills to the next level complete with expert instruction and step-by-step photos.
This book includes an in-depth look at techniques, tools and chucks that will help perfect your core turning skills. You'll learn the right tools to use, how to handle them safely and how to maintain them. Lacer's expert instruction helps you master the bowl gouge, the spindle-roughing gouge, the skew and other essential turning tools. You'll also gain insight into finishing techniques, French polishing and working with spalted wood.
Once you’ve sharpened your skills with the Tools & Techniques section, put your new knowledge to the test with 20 beautiful projects covering a wide range of turned forms and turning techniques.
- Sharpen your end-grain hollowing skills by turning a lovely wine goblet
- Practice turning spheres by creating your own bocce ball lawn game
- Gain insight into making multiples by turning matching table legs
- Turn a table lamp to practice flowing contours
- Learn how to work with green wood by making a natural-edge bowl
- And much more!
Size275 x 215mm