Stirling Macoboy's What Shrub is That?
This new updated edition of What Shrub Is That? is the essential reference for shrub-loving gardeners everywhere.
The book contains information and describes more than 1250 shrubs, illustrated in glowing colour. Not just an identification aid, it is a complete garden guide! Every illustration is accompanied by informative text that details how you can grow that particular shrub to perfection. The extensive features include:
- Easy-to-follow symbols instantly point to the aspect and climate needed
- Season of maximum display, mature height and spread and habit of growth may be seen at a glance
- Water and soil needs, temperatures tolerated, pruning requirements, methods of home propagation and when to fertilize
- Popular names by which the shrubs are known as well as the botanical families to which they belong
- Extensive introduction discussing shrubs in garden design, ways of using various types of shrubs, how to choose and plant shrubs, how to improve your soil, when and how much to water, pruning principles and methods of propagation
- Glossary of important botanical terms
- Illustrated appendix which groups related shrubs together – a guide most gardeners will find useful, for where one member of a botanical family thrives, others often will too
Size280 x 235mm