The Complete Guide
Botanical Illustration: The Complete Guide explains the processes and methods behind this beautiful art genre. It highlights the importance of the requisite skills of close observation, accurate drawing and attention to detail.
Leigh Ann Gale, a leading botanical artist and tutor, generously demonstrates her approach. Along with step-by-step instructions to a range of subjects, the book is beautifully illustrated with over 350 images, diagrams and paintings of her and her students' work. This book is a source of inspiration as well as a definitive guide.
- Introduction to botany and a comprehensive botanical glossary
- A case study demonstrates each stage of a worked example, including the selection and preparation of a subject, observational drawings, composition skills and painting processes
- Step-by-step instructions cover many subjects, from creating shine on leaves and berries, to painting white flowers and depicting hairs on leaves and stems
- Guide to colour theory and how to mix colours accurately to match your specimens and make the most of your watercolour palette
- Ideas on how to continue, and develop your own style of botanical illustration
Dimensions280 x 220 mm
StatusIn stock for immediate dispatch