Painting with Cloth in Mixed Media
Textile Landscapes is a creative guide ideal for textile artists of all levels to make unique and beautiful work inspired by the world around us.
Cas Holmes begins with the basics – keeping a sketchbook to generate ideas, painting and stitching on cloth and on paper, and working digitally:
- Inspiring Landscapes looks at urban and urban space, the changing seasons and great landscapes as well as intimate spaces and travel diaries
- Painting and Marking with Cloth explains the practical aspects of painting and dyeing cloth and how to make connections between paint, print, dye, stencil and stitch
- Stitch-scapes looks at the different forms of landscape, experimenting with photographs and prints and how to translate those images using ink, stitch, abstract and collage techniques and then at how to transform the image using digital techniques
- On Closer Inspection covers using elements and details from landscape and the environment as found objects and for research
- People and Place explores the relationship we have with the outdoors and the built environment, as well as personal interpretations of place
The book includes artworks by the author that explore the UK, USA and Australia, as well as works by other internationally renowned textile artists.
Dimensions275 x 215 mm
StatusComing soon – now due December