Design and Technique for Figurative Stitching
Now in paperback, textile artist Rosie James shares ideas and techniques on using the sewing machine's needle and thread almost as a pencil. The book covers:
- How to set up your machine
- How to tackle drawing (with exercises that will help even those who are afraid to put pen to paper)
- Transferring drawing to cloth, working with transparency, different surfaces and adding fabrics and colour
- Photography, with details on using photographs in textiles
- Putting it all together with layering images, playing with scale, repetition and composition.
Tips and advice throughout show textile artists how to expand their repertoire and how to use figurative stitch to really showcase their creativity. Includes illustrations by the author and other leading artists that will inspire both professionals and those new to stitching.
Dimensions275 x 215 mm
StatusComing soon – now due March