Reclaim your creativity with this one-of-a-kind workbook of fabulous females to personalize! It’s perfect for colouring enthusiasts and mixed-media artists.
This is not your typical colouring book. Created by celebrated artist Jane Davenport, and dedicated solely to images of women, Whimsical Girls is bursting with Jane’s signature-style figures, faces and fanciful drawings to colour and customize.
The unusual combination of four types of high-quality paper – colouring, marker, watercolour and kraft paper – encourages users to experiment with a variety of mediums and techniques. Inspirational examples and prompts help allay budding artists’ nervousness, while bonus stickers and brilliantly hued collage paper – to cut or tear and glue to the pages – provide added fuel for creativity!$24.99
Create Your Life Book presents 18 step-by-step projects that help you explore and work through issues surrounding creative fulfilment.
It offers mixed-media drawing and painting projects that can raise your awareness of and help you work through personal challenges and other obstacles to creating art and achieving self-fulfilment. Each themed chapter presents 4 to 5 two-part projects: First you will explore a common issue that hampers creativity and/or positive self-worth. The second portion is a step-by-step mixed-media art project specially designed to help you work through that issue.
There are also project outlines and the author also shares inspirational photos and uplifting and encouraging affirmations. The final chapter presents a simple binding method for creating a keepsake book of your projects.$27.99
With Painted Botanical Collage, artists of all skill levels will learn to create lifelike botanical artwork – featuring flowers, succulents and herbs – using painted background papers and elegant collage techniques.
This guide takes you step-by-step through creating mixed-media painted papers, then using them – along with tissue paper, art papers and found paper, such as magazines – to create perfect collage materials. Cut these decorative papers into plant and flower parts to assemble your designs, adding details using various media.
Includes instruction on creating flowers, cacti, succulents, leaves and other popular botanicals – over 30 beautiful designs in all.$29.99
Dawn Sokol features more than 1000 new, captivating pages from artists across the globe.
Lists of techniques and materials used for each page, plus behind-the-scenes interviews, give readers a glimpse inside the minds of new and established artists, making this a stimulating compilation sure to inspire beginners and seasoned art journalers alike.$29.99$17.99
Discover how to achieve an encaustic effect without the use of wax or heat. Use layers of matte and gloss to create the perfect sheen and luminosity that mimic encaustic and learn about spreadable mediums and pourable formulas that look like wax after completion. You will explore creating crackles, carving with stencils, adding image transfers, and much more with these 45 acrylic techniques for creating faux encaustic.
In Acrylic Painting for Encaustic Effects, you will find:
- 45 techniques for making art that looks like encaustic painting – but isn't!
- Tips on how to achieve the dreamy, layered look of wax without the extra tools, time and space required of encaustic
- Step-by-step instructions on how to make wax-like elements, incorporate collage, add alcohol inks, play with resin and more
- 85+ imaginative tips for taking your art to the next level
Acrylic Solutions illustrates a wealth of layering methods and techniques. Mix and match to achieve countless variations, building layer upon layer to create unique and wonderfully complex abstract art.
- Learn more than 30 step-by-step techniques for developing texture and visual interest, including collage, monoprinting, carving, colour blocking, paint skins, raised stencils, glazing and so much more
- Chapters explore the phases of a multi-layered painting, from surface preparation through adding structure, developing complexity and adding finishing touches
- Follow the development of two paintings as each layer adds to the finished result, with tons of additional artwork throughout
- Gain insight on how to make paints, mediums and grounds work for you
Embracing a spirit of freedom and spontaneity, Acrylic Solutions is a stimulating guide for contemporary artists of any skill level. Beginners will learn how to make visually compelling paintings from start to finish, while more experienced artists will find the tools and inspiration to take their work to the next level.$52.99$49.99
Adventures in Mixed Media Art is a guidebook for beginning your mixed-media adventure. Starting with a few motivational readings, not only will you harness the creative energy you already have, you'll also learn how to keep that energy flowing.
Then it's time to jump right in by creating an art journal using guided mixed-media techniques. This journal will be the ideal place to practice your hand lettering, and basic painting and collage techniques. When you're ready, you'll move outside the journal to create canvas paintings, collages and assemblage pieces.
- 20 mixed-media projects
- Learn techniques such as hand lettering, embossing, mark making, mixed-media portrait painting and more
- Upcycle your less-than-stellar pieces into pieces you'll be proud to display!
A compendium of information, inspiration, new ideas and techniques for mixed-media painting and surface design.
Includes 20 chapters filled to the brim with mixed-media techniques and ideas for painting on more than 35 unique art surfaces, from metal of different types, cast acrylic and resin, to stone, wax, specialty papers, found objects and much more. For each art surface, gather helpful tips and techniques for preparing it, as well as various ways to embellish the surface with different mediums.
Step-by-step instructions and illustrative images not only help clarify the techniques shown, but also provide mixed-media inspiration to help you get your creative juices flowing. In Alternative Art Surfaces you'll find:
- 100+ surface design techniques for working on over 35 unique art surfaces
- 125+ tips for troubleshooting, preparing your surfaces, finishing and mounting your art, and taking your art to the next level
- Over 50 finished pieces of art showcasing the surfaces and techniques, and providing mixed-media inspiration
In this mixed-media guidebook, Kass Hall focuses on the personal designs made in art journals. Through art school, she and her professors noticed her best work often came from within her journal rather than the work she was creating to display, prompting her to begin focusing on this type of art. Kass created this book to inspire others to embrace art journaling as she has to allow free expression without worry or judgment.
Kass promises to:
- Help you get started in creating visually striking journal pages
- Share her own ideas and techniques to get you started
- Encourage experimentation, enjoyment, and adding your own personal touch
- Never restrict you or force you to share your work
This book will allow you to make artwork for just yourself and work without limits. Draw inspiration from Kass's designs and learn about how she transforms a blank page.$29.99
This book, edited by Maggie Grey, looks at the work of six textile artists and their work ranging from quilting, stitching, mixed media and journaling. The artists – Elizabeth Brimelow, Ro Bruhn, Ruth Lee, Sian Martin, Olga Norris and Beryl Taylor – are all experts in their respective fields.
Each artist talks about her work and then expands on this so that the reader will be able to try a technique (or two) for themselves and then adapt and develop as a base for their own experiments.$39.99
Parents and children alike will delight in her easy-to-explore art adventures which guide the readers while encouraging them to find their own artistic voice. Inside and out-of doors, 'Art For All Seasons' is the perfect choice any time of year.$43.99
In this unique book, you will learn processes for discovering your core archetypes ( the driving forces behind your being) and use that knowledge to create highly personal visual expressions, all the while embracing the personal revelations and creative breakthroughs that result.
- A fun 33-question quiz will help you discover and embrace your guiding archetypes
- Find out how 11 professional artists draw on their archetypes as inspiration for their art journal pages
- Follow along with 26 step-by-step demonstrations to learn how to use altered magazine images, layered stencils, Gelli Plate printing and other awesome mixed-media art techniques to enhance your art journal pages
No matter what your experience level, you will learn how to use your guiding archetypes as inspiration. Whatever your motivation for opening this book, you will discover a fun, creative path to gaining confidence, happiness and clarity in every aspect of your life.$42.99$39.99
Discover the techniques and courage you need to journal bravely! You'll begin by working through any fears you have of using your own handwriting. You'll get journaling prompts and techniques to help you develop a handwriting style you'll love and words you'll want to write!
Then, you'll move onto drawing: you'll learn not only how to train your hand, but also how to appreciate your own unique drawing ability. As you continue through the eight chapters, you will learn additional mixed-media techniques to help you overcome your fears of new materials, using photos of yourself, creating layers, working without a plan and much more. You'll find:
- 8 common journaling fears dispelled
- 20 techniques to give you art journal courage
- Dozens of colourful art journal pages to inspire your own art
What story will your art express? The Art of Expressive Collage will teach you to listen to what paper and glue, ink and paint have to tell you. From the fear of messing up to the excitement of letting things flow, you'll come to see the common thread in the bits and pieces you collect. You'll discover new ways to think about arranging these bits in your work as you express yourself with lines, smudges and translucent layers.
Beyond using paper and glue you'll discover:
- The best places to hunt for and gather ephemera
- How to prepare various papers for collage using staining and embellishing techniques
- An understanding of the elements of design and composition
- Tips for making unique marks, adding photos, creating textures and much more
In The Art of Map Illustration, five artists take you on a journey through their unique techniques to map making with a range of media, including pen and ink, watercolour and mixed media, plus tips and advice for working digitally.
Each artist provides a brief overview of their recommended tools and materials, along with tips and inspiration for using, exploring and experimenting with the medium. From intricate line drawings, to bold and colourful city maps, you will bring your favourite locations to life, and use visual storytelling to express time and place.
Packed with engaging instruction, professional tips and beautiful finished artwork, this is the perfect resource for contemporary artists seeking to learn the time-treasured art form of cartography.$24.99
From pillows to bags, art quilts to journals, explore the range of sewing projects that The Art of Whimsical Stitching provides! Mixed-media artist, Joanne Sharpe, shares her favourite methods of stitching so that you can feel inspired by the endless patterns and techniques.
Whether you’re a seasoned stitcher or just starting out, this guide will walk you through the details of sewing so that you can learn and apply your practices. With more than a dozen techniques, you will end up with a collection of funky and fun artwork. Your artistic repertoire will grow greatly as you tackle different ideas – collage, stencilling, free-motion stitching, fused appliqué lettering and hand embroidery are just some of the techniques you will learn.
This book features:
- Step-by-step instructions and images
- More than a dozen stitching techniques
- Functional and imaginative projects
Have fun with paints, markers and dyes and don’t be scared to incorporate your own designs into the patterns. This book easily allows for self-growth and you will be surprised by the enjoyment that comes with mixed-media work.$39.99
Get ready to create extraordinary mixed-media art! With Artful Adventures in Mixed Media, you will paint, layer and collage your way to beautiful, meaningful art! Inside you'll find:
- A basic supply list, including how to build a personalized art-on-the-go kit
- Tips and step-by-step instruction for getting the most out of your artful adventure
- Mixed media art techniques, including collage, visual layering, textured painting, photo manipulation and even using embroidery floss
This book is for curious souls wanting to find the right spark to jump-start their creativity.
Inside, there are 52 chapters with an exercise for each week of the year featuring a step-by-step art, writing or meditation project. Following the flow of the seasons, the exercises are designed to take you from the spring of your intuition, through the summer of personal growth, fall of self-discovery to arrive at the end of your creative cycle refreshed, revived and renewed.$46.99
Mixed Media goes graphic, minimal and sophisticated. Go beyond commercially available fabrics and get your hands dirty! With Krista's interactive project-based sewing workshops readers will stitch up 19 designer projects while experimenting with ways to stamp, print, paint, dye, and embellish fabrics to use for unique projects to gift and keep.
Beyond Cotton will take modern makers beyond the world of commercially available fabrics by encouraging readers to work with different, but readily available materials like leather, rivets, and industrial-grade felt.
- Create a Leather Cuff in three ways: stitched, carved or stamped.
- Learn to create design repeats.
- Set up a home printing table and experiment with dyeing fabrics.
Krista encourages beginners and more experienced alike to break out of using only someone else's fabrics and to take ownership of the look of their work from start to finish. This book is packed with skill-building techniques, new and fun ways to create your own fabric based on projects you will want to use every day and lots of inspiration!$39.99
Cultivate the skills necessary for expressionism and find a new approach to perspective painting. From acrylics to oil, pastels to water-soluble pencils, you will not feel stuck in your exploration of art. Artist Annie O'Brien Gonzales helps you find personal color palette that will come alive in your painting.
The book is set up as a walk through the art realm—you start out with the basics, with the elements and principles, but the refresher of techniques is later used in the numerous projects that Annie creates for you to try out and experiment with. This is useful because you can play with colour without fear of making a mistake, test out bold textures to see their different effects, and loosen up your line-work.
- 10 step-by-step projects: floral, landscape, and still life paintings
- Over twenty in-depth techniques covering gelli plate printing, colour schemes and mixing charts, and creating collage materials
- Mixed-media ideas that give rise to inspiration boards, painting notes, and underpainting
The book also talks about an important concept to creating pure art—passion. Your hands hold the skill, your eyes the vision, and your heart the passion. Bring all three together with Bold Expressive Painting. Floral and landscape paintings can easily look similar in different artwork. But here, the design is rooted in your perspective. Take ownership of your painting and learn mixed-media skills to develop an intricate composition. The dynamic designs and endless ideas are yours for the taking!$42.99
The Bullet Journal Method will undoubtedly transform your life, in more ways than you can imagine. Ryder Carroll, the creator of the enormously popular Bullet Journal organisational system, explains how to use his method to:
- Track Your Past: using nothing more than a pen and paper, create a clear, comprehensive and organised record of your thoughts and goals
- Order Your Present: find daily calm by prioritising and minimising your workload and tackling your to-do list in a more mindful and productive way
- Plan Your Future: establish and appraise your short-term and long-term goals, plan more complex projects simply and effectively and live your life with meaning and purpose
In Collage Paint Draw, you will learn how to use heart-felt images as a starting point to jump into the world of mixed-media art, materials and techniques.
Using symbols such as the heart, the home, a child's toy and a vintage dress, you'll learn to try something (everything!) new. You'll also learn how to use tools and materials in both traditional and creative ways and to make art that comes from the heart. Paint what you love & love what you paint!
- 30 techniques including drawing, painting, adding texture and more
- 40 diverse materials featured, from the everyday (pencils, paint, gel and texture mediums) to the unique (hardware store tapes and texture additive for paint, twine, wire and more)
- 30 mixed-media projects with simple, meaningful motifs
Ever since the pioneering collages of Picasso and Braque, mixed-media works have held a respected place in fine art painting. Now award-winning painter Mike Bernard offers artists a hands-on introduction to the boundless possibilities opened up by combining paint with abstract paper shapes, textured papers, newspaper clippings, fabrics and other unusual materials.
With step-by-step photographs of several works in the making, he takes you inside the creative process, from preliminary sketches to final results, with detailed explanations of every technique he uses. Includes a beautiful gallery of the author's works.$29.99