Needle & Craft Sale
Modern Mark Making will spark the interest of the calligraphy novice by introducing a new approach to lettering, one that combines a lively combination of traditional lettering styles, fun and scripty modern styles, and artsy street-style lettering, along with project ideas that incorporate creative lettering.
The book demonstrates the uses of traditional and cutting edge lettering tools, from classic calligraphy pens to bling-producing metallic foils and glue pens. It introduces a wide array of lettering styles with complete alphabets sample artworks that show an application.
Fully stepped-out illustrations breakdown each letterform, taking the reader through each stroke. A large collection of gallery images that provide further inspiration for how to use creative lettering in artwork.$34.99$14.99
In How to Make Jewelry Charms from Polymer Clay, Jessica Sharpe offers the essentials for creating clay charms with:
- Step-by-step instruction for 50 beautiful projects, from simple beads to intricate sculpting
- Basic tools, materials and techniques for getting started
- Ideas for using charms on zippers, handbags, mobile phones and other unique places
- Tips for designing and creating signature pieces
- More than 400 full-colour images provide instruction and inspiration
Sweet Paper Crafts offers 25 unique DIY paper accents that make any home or celebration a little brighter. Make tiny star garlands to string over the mantel, delicate flower wreaths for the front door, cheerful package toppers and much more!
Mollie Greene's distinctive layered style incorporates collage techniques and use of found scraps, book pages, magazines and old record jackets. With helpful templates, step-by-step photographs, beautiful shots of each whimsical piece and plentiful ideas for one-of-a-kind creations, this book will motivate even novice crafters to start snipping their very own paper finery.$37.99$17.99
From being spray-painted onto walls and trains, to enjoying acclaim in galleries and museums, the graffiti movement has changed. Far from being viewed as mindless vandalism, graffiti, or urban street art, has become prized as a highly valued and socially relevant art form.
The book presents 38 of the most influential and pioneering urban artists from around the world who have driven this transformation, exploring their mediums, methods and backgrounds, and why they've chosen to challenge classical ideas of art to convey messages about urban culture. From well-known names such as Banksy, Shepard Fairey and Blek le Rat to superstars of the underground movement, these are artists who have moved far away from the cliched lettering and tags to develop individual styles that reflect and critique modern life.
Urban Art Legends is the perfect companion for anyone wanting to learn more about this vibrant, exciting and constantly evolving art form.$34.99$14.99
The craft of decorative knotting is making a huge comeback with several accomplished artists taking the craft to exciting new levels of creativity. Hot Knots explores a variety of macrame techniques – from historical, centuries-old designs, to modern fusion knots – and guides readers through 18 cool and contemporary projects for jewellery, housewares, accessories and more.
Inside you'll find:
- Clearly illustrated, step-by-step tutorials demonstrating a variety of knotting techniques
- More than 200 stunning, full-colour images that instruct and inspire crafters of all levels
- Added suggestions for each project that encourage crafters to take their skills further
Discover the world's smallest adventures with this beautifully illustrated journey around the world.
Explore seven continent maps and learn about the best small-scale adventures on Earth – whether you' re taking a ride on the world's largest miniature railway, sending a letter with the world's smallest post office or cruising coral reefs with the smallest seahorse, this book brings together best miniature adventures from the four corners of the globe.
Recommended for ages 8+.$14.99$6.99
These 29 bags that will appeal to everyone – beginners, advanced sewers, teachers – including a stylish tote made from Japanese printed cloth; an ultrasuede quilted tote with crocodile leather appliqué and bamboo handles; a Devore velvet drawstring pouch with beaded fringe; an evening confection of black and white feathers; envelope bag made from a sari border with beaded tassels and a beaded shoulder strap.
Comprehensive overview on sewing and assembly techniques, as well as embellishing with beads, fringes and stencils. 150 beautiful colour photos plus 125 illustrations for step-by-step success. Inspirational gallery of artists' works. Patterns in envelope in back cover.$29.99$12.99
If you can't get to a beading class or workshop close to home or work, then this skill-building book is the next best thing. For the beginner and the improver, it's a passport to successful learning.
- Hundreds of detailed how-to photographs, carefully annotated so it is easy for you to see what you should be looking at
- Guest designers sharing some of their favourite patterns
- "Quick-start" projects for beginners who are impatient to try out their skills on projects that don't need much in the way of materials or time
- Really useful lists sprinkled throughout the pages, for readers who want to quickly understand the essentials
- Beader's clinics: "Doctor" Jean solves her students' beading dilemmas
Kerrie Berrie provides a great reference point for anyone starting out in beading, experimenting with a new idea or trying to master a particular technique.
- A comprehensive guide to techniques with practical advice on tools and equipment
- Helpful bead directory covering every material from wooden beads to Swarovski crystal
- Full-colour photographs and clear, concise diagrams
- Incorporates fun new skills such as macramé, kumihimo and 3-D beading
- 30 inspirational projects with equipment requirements and step-by-step instructions
Bedroom Style, Perfectly Pieced takes you through the design process of creating your very own bedding by answering the first, crucial question: What’s your style?
Choose from five leading style categories: Coastal, Farmhouse, Vintage, Global or Minimalist. These five main styles are thoroughly explored and feature two quilt designs that are shown in five different colourways – making 50 quilt design options.
With easy-to-follow instruction, attractive illustrations and bright, breezy photography throughout the book, you will learn how simple fabric choices can completely change the look of your design. Tricks for embellishing pre-purchased linens, personalizing pillowcases and creating a quilt to complement your design aesthetic will complete your bedroom re-design.$39.99$17.99
Brighten up your boudoir with 20 sewing projects! Best of Stitch: Beautiful Bedrooms brings together a colourful, sensory feast of favourite and fresh projects that are easy on the eye and just a little bit sultry.
You will learn new skills and find creative ways to make your sleeping quarters a showplace for handmade items. The book includes 20 projects as well as tips and sidebars on special techniques and troubleshooting advice for construction, handstitching, working with fabrics and embellishing. A reference section covers the skills necessary for creating each project.$34.99$14.99
Betsy Beads uses commonly available materials to knit beaded items with uncommon polish. The book teaches how to:
- Consider the issues when choosing fibers, beads, knitting needles and closure options
- Master basic bead knitting techniques
- Expand your skills to mopre advanced beaded components: chains, beads, flat straps, fabrics
Five construction-technique-based sections feature over 30 projects: necklaces, bracelets, earrings, evening bags, belts, suspenders, scarves, headbands, Christmas and Easter ornaments and a yarmulke!
Each section begins with easy pieces so knitters can learn the techniques with stash yarn and beads before trying one of Betsy's designs or building one of their own.$39.99$17.99
The Book Binding Handbook shows readers how to make their own books with detailed step-by-step instructions, diagrams and full-colour illustrations.
There are chapters dealing with simple folded books, pamphlet stitches, more complex multi-section bindings and containers, all of which can be combined to create your own personalized journals, notebooks, albums and portfolios. There are gallery sections included for inspiration, with examples of work by practicing book artists, binders, and students, which show ways in which the projects described throughout the book can be developed.
The first half of this book deals with getting started, making your own decorative papers, basic techniques, and an introduction to different types of book forms, while the remaining sections are given over to specific projects with many new structures and techniques, while at the same time utilizing and building upon skills acquired in the earlier chapters.$29.99$14.99
This complete, step-by-step project book for making 50 beautifully simple earrings will appeal to jewellers and crafters with creative ambitions! This is a 'best of' collection and a great value, taking the best projects and designs from an array of Lark Jewelry & Beading's most popular books.
Beginners will appreciate the detailed section on basics, while experienced jewellery makers will relish the sophisticated designs.
From saucy Red Lantern earrings made with brass and red glass fire-polished beads to the elegant Twist, featuring single pearls caged in silver wire, these stylish, easy-to-master earring projects are lots of fun to make, share, and wear!$24.99$9.99
Provides 64 interesting and practical stitch patterns that explore the varied ways of incorporating colour and novelty into your work. Includes easy techniques such as working rows of surface chains across some plain double crochet to more challenging techniques for changing colour within a given pattern.
Freeformers will discover some novel stitches and interesting ways of bringing colour to their work. Colour swatches throughout and easy-to-follow instructions.$19.99$11.99
In City of Style, Melissa Magsaysay, style editor for the Los Angeles Times, draws on decades of the best, most iconic examples of LA-style and explores the trends, tastes and fashion innovations of today's Angelenos.
Features offered include:
- A taste of the retail landscape
- A guide to stores and shops
- Helpful tips on how to buy and wear key pieces for each different style
- Exclusive interviews with Los Angeles's most influential designers, retailers and trendsetters
Using super lightweight, air-dry clay (and focusing on a handful of simple shapes), you'll create an entire world of people, animals, scenes and more. From well-dressed dolls to mermaids and fairies, from cute kittens to prideful lions, from cupcakes to beads and bling, you'll create to your heart's content!
- 20+ step-by-step clay projects for figures, such as mermaids, fairies and dolls, and dress them up with dozens of outfits, crazy and creative hairstyles and accessories
- 20+ step-by-step clay projects for animals, ranging from the everyday cats and dogs to exotic penguins and giraffes
- Uses inexpensive lightweight, air-dry clay that is easy to maintain and comes in a wide variety of colours
This book contains an informative, fun introduction chronicling the history of the cocktail dress throughout fashion history, a wealth of images including fine art & photography, film stills, fashion editorial & runway photography, vintage ads, magazine covers, & illustrations by the world's foremost designers.$39.99$19.99
Crochet yourself a wardrobe's worth of colourful lace designs. You’ll find everything from chic shrugs and scarves, to cozy cardigans and tunics, to stylish dresses, T-shirts and totes. The designs are worked in a variety of yarn weights and in a glorious range of colours from elegant jewel tones to earthy neutrals and include simple, all-over openwork patterns, as well as more intricate crochet lace patterns and motifs.
With clear instructions, detailed stitch diagrams and gorgeous photography, Colorful Crochet Lace makes it easy and fun to create exquisite crochet fashions. Several of the projects are constructed using the Graduated Stitch Method, a technique the author developed that allows for shaping and customized fit without increases or decreases, and many of the patterns include instructions for modifying designs and creating variations.$42.99$14.99
Colorful Fabric Collage walks you through the techniques that renowned quilter Sue Bleiweiss uses to create her colourful, vibrant art quilts. You will learn easy fusing techniques that serve as the basis for her design, along with ideas for keeping and using a sketchbook, hand-dyeing fabric and adding further embellishments.
The techniques and 14 projects feature:
- Steps to successfully design, fuse and quilt based on Sue's signature style
- Inspiration to tap into your creativity to personalize each project with uniquely meaningful images
- Ways to draw project patterns and sketch your own quilt designs from scratch
- Easy-to-master techniques for sketching quilt designs, fusing layers of fabric into a collage and embellishing and finishing each piece in a clever way
Whether you are simply using a multi-coloured yarn, or creating a Fair Isle sweater with five different coloured yarns, knitting with colour may seem daunting or complicated, but it is really easier than it looks.
The chapters in Colour Knitting with Confidence cover basic colourwork techniques including stripes, intarsia, stranded, entrelac and double knitting. With full colour step-by-step photographs, charts and diagrams, this is a guide for beginners and a reference for more advanced knitters, giving you confidence to knit colourfully.
The book features 30 vibrant colourwork techniques and projects ranging from striped house socks, a double knit coaster and a slip-stitch purse to intarsia baby mitts, a woman's sweater and a stranded tablet cosy.$39.99$14.99
Color Knitting with Confidence provides down-to-earth instruction for basic colourwork techniques that will have readers joining, floating and weaving in no time! Features include:
- The basics on tools, types of yarn, chart reading and colour theory
- The various colourwork techniques including Intarsia, stripes, Fair Isle and double knitting
- More than 30 projects that can be copied or enhanced
- Quick tips and tricks that make working with colour a snap
With step-by-step instructions, charts and diagrams, and more than 100 of full-colour photos that instruct and inspire, the book is a solid guide for both beginning and more advanced knitters who are seeking the confidence to knit colourfully.$29.99$14.99
Focusing on one skill at a time, The Complete Quilter teaches you everything you need to know about quilt-making. Discover how you can put quilt blocks together in a variety of layout designs to create wonderful modern projects using a range of delightful fabrics, patterns and colourways.
This all-in-one volume covers fabric selection, cutting, pressing, joining blocks, basting, hand and machine quilting, binding and making labels. With designs ranging from traditional to contemporary, you can easily work your way through the book building your skills on basic patchwork and appliqué as well as improvisational piecing.$39.99$14.99
Continuous Crochet is a unique collection of crochet patterns using techniques that seamlessly create 3-dimensional designs with minimal finishing, featuring style-conscious and great wearable projects.
With Kristin's guidance, you will learn:
- To manipulate motifs into unique garments (sweaters, cardigans, shrugs and more) and accessories (hats, cowls and shawls) that are figure-flattering and fun to make!
- Innovative methods of of garment shaping, such as strategically placing triangles between square motifs to shape everything from a raglan pullover to a gorgeous shawl without breaking the yarn, leaving fewer tails to weave in
- To use traditional crochet techniques, such as Bruges lace, Tunisian lace and entrelac
Here are 50 fun, simple and entertaining ways to improve your understanding of astronomy for kids of all ages!
Discover how telescopes are made, learn about invisible light and study the scale of the universe in a way you ll never forget. Learn amazing space-related tricks such as how to watch a solar eclipse safely and mapping stars from your own back garden, right down to expertly simplifying the supermassive numbers and distances involved.$19.99$9.99