Needle & Craft Sale
Deirdre Bond-Abel's first book gives prominence to:
- Wool appliqués in gleaming colours matched to pieced blocks in highly original creations
- Motifs from the past, in a new style and in a palette of magnificent colours and materials
- 17 quilt projects, wall hangings and accessories fully explained
From Quiltmania with text in both English and French.$64.99$19.99
The craft of decorative knotting is making a huge comeback with several accomplished artists taking the craft to exciting new levels of creativity. Hot Knots explores a variety of macrame techniques – from historical, centuries-old designs, to modern fusion knots – and guides readers through 18 cool and contemporary projects for jewellery, housewares, accessories and more.
Inside you'll find:
- Clearly illustrated, step-by-step tutorials demonstrating a variety of knotting techniques
- More than 200 stunning, full-colour images that instruct and inspire crafters of all levels
- Added suggestions for each project that encourage crafters to take their skills further
What makes a sewing pattern magic? It's a simple equation: One "magic" pattern can be transformed into six different looks – for example, The Skirt pattern yields an A-line skirt, a maxi skirt, a pleated hem skirt, a pencil wrap skirt, a flared bias skirt and a ruffled mini.
Then comes even more magic – there are six magic patterns in The Magic Pattern Book, resulting in 36 different looks. Following each look are suggestions for specific fabrics, many of them repurposed items, for a total of 216 garments and accessories.
The skill level is basic, and patterns are bundled onto a CD in an envelope in the back of the book, and also found online (to be downloaded and printed out on A4 paper).$65.00$19.99
Create your own knitted dolls, full of personality and fun to make. Fiona Goble has designed 25 knitted toys with real appeal.
As well as boy and girl dolls, there are animal dolls, and a whole wardrobe of clothes and accessories. The dolls are all the same size, so outfits can be swapped between the dolls, and you can change hairstyles and colouring as well to create a personalized gift for a child (or an adult!). As well as the dolls and their clothes, there are more than 10 added extras such as pet cats and dogs, a mini teddy bear and beach gear, making more than 35 patterns in total.
Whether you want to knit Ben the Surfer Dude, Vintage Rosie, Marion the Mermaid or Superhero Stan, you will find easy-to-follow patterns and instructions on everything from knitting techniques to creating the all-important finishing touches.$29.99$14.99
From being spray-painted onto walls and trains, to enjoying acclaim in galleries and museums, the graffiti movement has changed. Far from being viewed as mindless vandalism, graffiti, or urban street art, has become prized as a highly valued and socially relevant art form.
The book presents 38 of the most influential and pioneering urban artists from around the world who have driven this transformation, exploring their mediums, methods and backgrounds, and why they've chosen to challenge classical ideas of art to convey messages about urban culture. From well-known names such as Banksy, Shepard Fairey and Blek le Rat to superstars of the underground movement, these are artists who have moved far away from the cliched lettering and tags to develop individual styles that reflect and critique modern life.
Urban Art Legends is the perfect companion for anyone wanting to learn more about this vibrant, exciting and constantly evolving art form.$34.99$14.99
Cross Stitch the Golden Girls includes 12 fun patterns featuring imagery and quotes from the four leading ladies, plus everything needed to make two projects – 152 mm embroidery hoop, embroidery needle, 2 pieces of cross-stitch fabric, 6 skeins of embroidery floss. The book offers step-by-step instructions, with full-colour photographs of the finished projects.
It's been over 30 years since its premiere, yet The Golden Girls is more popular than ever. Through syndication and streaming, a whole new audience has been introduced or reacquainted with the four fabulous friends: Rose, Sophia, Blanche and Dorothy. Decorate your home with framed finished pieces or use the patterns to personalize household items like tea towels, pillowcases and aprons.
The patterns include:
- Thank You For Being A Friend
- Rose portrait with “Back in St. Olaf…”
- Sophia portrait with “Picture It…Sicily”
- Blanche portrait with “Many, Many Men…”
- “Shady Pines, Ma!” with trees
- "Isn't it amazing how I can feel so bad, and still look so good?" – Blanche
- "No! No, I will not have a nice day!" – orothy
- “The Older You Get the Better You Get, Unless You’re a Banana.” – Rose
- “Eat Dirt and Die, Trash.” – Blanche
- Everything I Know I Learned from Rose, Blanche, Dorothy & Sophia
100 Ideas that Changed Street Style is a look-by-look dissection of the key ideas that changed the way we dress – from the middle of the 20th century to the present day – explaining the most iconic items of clothing and how they were worn, what the look was born of, its cultural background, how it was received, and how it still resonates in fashion today.
The modern wardrobe owes its development not just to fashion designers in Paris or Milan but also to gangs and movements brought together by a shared appreciation of music, sport or a particular underground culture, and a certain style that defines membership.
These styles have rocked establishments, created stereotypes, expressed social division as much as they have united people, entered the language, spread around the world, and, above all, transformed dress for a wider public.$39.99$19.99
Recreate the beauty of a summer garden with this gorgeous selection of flowers, leaves and plants to crochet. From lacy blossoms and delicate ferns to lush ivies and vibrant wildflowers, you'll find patterns to suit any colour, style or season.
Small and quick to crochet, these flowers work wonderfully as unique accents for larger projects, as a creative use for leftover thread or as a colourful introduction to thread crochet. Whether you're new to thread crochet or a longtime enthusiast, you'll find clear instructions and full patterns for a wide array of designs, from simple flowers and leaves to larger and more elaborate ones.$39.99$17.99
Bring the magic of a fresh snowfall into your own home with this gorgeous collection of crocheted snowflakes with all the lacy beauty of the real thing. Spend an hour making an ornament or two, or take a weekend and crochet a whole blizzard!
Clear instructions and full patterns for a wide range of designs – from simple snowflakes requiring only a few stitches to large, intricate ones – this book gives you all the techniques you'll need.$39.99$17.99
Transform an ordinary Tee yourself! This book is all about the potential to create your own designer versions for a fraction of the cost.
Every chapter contains at least 10 original ideas, each with a new technique to learn or explore. Many of the T-shirts are quick and easy to make. You will find the basic information you need about tools, materials and techniques.$24.99$12.99
Make your own gorgeous bunting designs in a range of stunning fabrics and finishes – perfect sewing projects to adorn the home and garden. These designs are also great for parties, weddings or to celebrate Christmas.
- 20 Designs
- All patterns included for Christmas Tree Bunting, Name Bunting, Pleated Fan, Lace Flower Bunting and more!
The mysteries of Fair Isle are revealed! This title offers simple solutions to the seemingly complex technique of stranded colourwork.
From simple single row patterns to complex all-over motifs, you'll find colourways that will thrill and inspire your knitting, whether you're a beginner or experienced knitter.
Featuring easy-to-read charts, columns to illustrate colour changes and clear photographs of each sample swatch. Organized by row count and stitch count, it makes it easy for you to find the perfect motif for your projects.$34.99$14.99
Colourful patterns to knit and crochet for afghans, blankets and throws, featuring a variety of techniques, from classic Shetland lace to today's textured patterns. For each stitch:
- Sample / variations
- Colour photo
- Colours used
- 4-colour chart of 1 repeat
- Knit / crochet symbol
- Repeat pattern length
- Arrows showing 1st loop stitch
The book features:
- 200 stitch patterns and mix-and-match block designs plus a selection of pretty trims
- Colour close-up swatch, clear directions, motif diagrams if needed with each sample shown
- At-a-glance symbols for skill-rating, working method, yarns and colours
- Advice on choosing yarns, (cotton, wool, chenille, silk) colours (light, bright, dark), stitch patterns and blocks
- Illustrated steps teach techniques / stitches
Here are 150 original crochet blocks and motifs plus 51 gorgeous projects to inspire your creativity. Packed with ideas to get you going, this clever directory begins with a five chapters of motifs and blocks, from the simplest crosses and spirals to geometric shapes, pictures, lacy patterns and bold, beautiful flowers.
Each motif is displayed as a colour photograph next to easy-to-follow instructions, with stitch diagrams for more complex motifs. The instructions are also written out in full so you can choose the way you prefer to work.
Use them to make up your own bags, throws, scarves and cushions, designed just as you choose, or try one of the projects including a butterfly brooch, holly greetings cards, an openwork afghan, cat cushion, button baby blanket, tie belt, cherry border cardigan ...There are also sketches and photos showing how the motif can be used, either on its own, with several together or partnered with other motifs.$32.99$14.99
Learn how to knit all manner of motifs and stitch patterns with this amazing, comprehensive guide. Whether you simply want to expand your repertoire of stitches, make one of the 50+ projects or take inspiration from the innumerable patterns available, there'll be something in 201 Knitting Motifs for everyone!
- Basic Techniques – offers an excellent step-by-step, illustrated guide so that no stitch will beyond your ability
- Blocks – covers everything from Textured Motifs, Cables and Ribbing, to Lace, Stripes & Color, Intarsia, Fair Isle, Ripples, Embroidery and more - so you will always have a stitch at hand for any project you may have!
- Projects – an opportunity to try out some of these amazing stitches with over 50 patterns such as a Lace Bed Throw, a Ripple Mug Cosy, a Cable Hot Water Bottle, a Bee Mobile, Fingerless Gloves, Floral Bunting and many others
- Advice – for designing your own makes, so you can treat the motifs as a jumping-off point
Using the latest colours and techniques, Emma Friedlander-Collins brings you a fun and functional collection of bags to crochet.
There are bags for carrying around all your essentials, such as the Aztec Shoulder Bag made in tapestry crochet, and the Strawberry Purse. Then there are totes and holdalls, including a Spring Shopper with neon-bright trim, and a Hipster Duffle in green and khaki – perfect for camping and festivals, or just for when you’ve got a lot to carry. To complete the set, there are cases and covers, such as a Zig-zag Glasses Case to match the Aztec Shoulder Bag, a Pencil Case and a cover for your e-reader.
With a techniques section covering all the basic stitches and tapestry crochet, instructions on lining your bag, and suggestions for variations to make each design your own, you will be able to make a bag that is both beautiful and useful, as well as unique.$24.99$14.99
From the first car journey to an outing in a buggy, a knitted blanket will accompany baby wherever they go. Laura Strutt's designs include:
- A teddy bear travel blanket that cleverly folds away into a pillow
- A hooded wrap for keeping cozy in a sling
- A soft cot cover and a dungaree-style sleeping bag in breathable merino wool – perfect for a peaceful night's rest
- A cotton-backed blanket that can double up as a rug to take out and about
- A tiny comforter blanket guaranteed to become baby's closest companion
With stunning yarns, simple techniques and gorgeous designs there's sure to be a blanket here that will be treasured for years to come.$39.99$14.99
3D Colouring Cities takes grown-up colouring to the next dimension.
- Follow the easy instructions to learn where to place warm and cool colours, and watch your artwork pop off the page
- A relaxing and inspiring activity book suitable for kids and grown-ups alike
- The highly detailed designs include reimagined iconic landmarks, urban metropolises and sprawling cityscapes
- Includes lightly guided doodle pages
Give a new lease on life to a favourite old skirt, transform thrift store finds into runway-worthy fashions with clever customisations and how to make and decorate a skirt from scratch using the handy bound-in pattern template.
For sewers of all levels, you will learn how to:
- Manipulate fabric to create amazing effects such as ruffles, loops, and layers
- Produce unusual decorations using beads, buttons, badges, ribbons and myriad found objects
- Create unique prints and patterns with pens, paints and foil
Includes step-by-step instructions and inspirational exercises to get creativity flowing.$39.99$14.99
This delightful collection of 50 decorative ribbon projects – some classic, some whimsical, some elegant – will prove irresistible for anyone with an interest in craft.
The projects are grouped into four main chapters: a beautiful collection of hair accessories and jewellery; some eye-catching gift wrapping ideas and presentation boxes; a wide range of floral designs; and a charming selection of projects combining all of these ribbon-crafting skills
Each design features written instructions accompanied by clear step-by-step illustrations, and absolutely no experience is necessary: you will pick up all the expertise needed as you progress through the book.$29.99$14.99
With 50 original designs to choose from, including a host of colourful sunflower blooms and buds in many sizes, as well as leaves, vines, and little sunflower-loving critters, you'll find many ideas to spark your creativity in this delightful book of sunflowers to knit, crochet and felt.
Author Kristin Nicholas includes an inspirational chapter on how to work with colour to create bold, bright and beautiful sunflowers. You'll also find a mixture of attractive ideas for using your sunflowers in a range of ways, from customizing clothing and accessories to creating elegant gifts and homewares.$29.99$12.99
Lots of tips and hints are teamed with fully illustrated step-by-step instructions so you can tie decorative knots from across the world. Combine ornamental knots with beads for a modern look, or choose a more traditional style with entirely knot built pieces.
It shows you how to use jump rings and seal cords and will be invaluable as you progress to designing and creating your own knotted jewellery. Featuring:
- 75 different knots each knot is graded from beginner to advanced
- Comprehensive techniques section
- Practical know-how approach
- 10 projects
A charming collection of squared, triangular, diamond-shaped and hexagonal blocks, all with a floral theme. From traditional blanket squares with petals and rosebuds to colourful blocks with three dimensional flowers and butterflies, there's something here to inspire every crochet fan. Great for crafters on the go.
- Written patterns and corresponding charts
- A useful techniques section for anyone who wants to brush up their crochet skills
- Creative projects to help you to make your choice of locks, yarns and colours to create your own versions of the projects illustrated
In 80s Fashion, explore one of the most diverse and exciting periods in British fashion and the work of some of the decade's leading designers including Betty Jackson, Leigh Bowery, John Galliano, Body Map, Vivienne Westwood and many others.
Based on the decade's extraordinarily creative interaction between fashion and popular music, this extensively illustrated book shows how club fashions were interpreted for a wider audience through the striking photography and innovative graphic designs of key magazines such as The Face and i-D.
Casting new light on the designs of the decade, 80s Fashion includes interviews and original archive material from practitioners such as Wendy Dagworthy and Paul Smith.$39.99$14.99
A Month of Sundays shows you how to embrace a quiet energy, as author Cheryl Arkison builds four themes of Relax, Eat, Shop and Explore. Her personal journeys and ideas are sure to inspire your own weekend explorations.
Designed for the confident beginner, the patterns are simple and straightforward. This unique book is at once exciting and restful, much like the perfect Sunday stroll.
- Featuring 16 family-friendly projects including quilts, bags, pennants and so much more
- Learn a novel approach to quilting using low-volume fabrics (white- or light-based fabrics with colours and/or graphics that do not overwhelm or provide high-contrast to the light base)
- Scrap-friendly and perfect for all skill levels