Needle & Craft Sale
Sweet Paper Crafts offers 25 unique DIY paper accents that make any home or celebration a little brighter. Make tiny star garlands to string over the mantel, delicate flower wreaths for the front door, cheerful package toppers and much more!
Mollie Greene's distinctive layered style incorporates collage techniques and use of found scraps, book pages, magazines and old record jackets. With helpful templates, step-by-step photographs, beautiful shots of each whimsical piece and plentiful ideas for one-of-a-kind creations, this book will motivate even novice crafters to start snipping their very own paper finery.$37.99$17.99
The craft of decorative knotting is making a huge comeback with several accomplished artists taking the craft to exciting new levels of creativity. Hot Knots explores a variety of macrame techniques – from historical, centuries-old designs, to modern fusion knots – and guides readers through 18 cool and contemporary projects for jewellery, housewares, accessories and more.
Inside you'll find:
- Clearly illustrated, step-by-step tutorials demonstrating a variety of knotting techniques
- More than 200 stunning, full-colour images that instruct and inspire crafters of all levels
- Added suggestions for each project that encourage crafters to take their skills further
In How to Make Jewelry Charms from Polymer Clay, Jessica Sharpe offers the essentials for creating clay charms with:
- Step-by-step instruction for 50 beautiful projects, from simple beads to intricate sculpting
- Basic tools, materials and techniques for getting started
- Ideas for using charms on zippers, handbags, mobile phones and other unique places
- Tips for designing and creating signature pieces
- More than 400 full-colour images provide instruction and inspiration
Modern Mark Making will spark the interest of the calligraphy novice by introducing a new approach to lettering, one that combines a lively combination of traditional lettering styles, fun and scripty modern styles, and artsy street-style lettering, along with project ideas that incorporate creative lettering.
The book demonstrates the uses of traditional and cutting edge lettering tools, from classic calligraphy pens to bling-producing metallic foils and glue pens. It introduces a wide array of lettering styles with complete alphabets sample artworks that show an application.
Fully stepped-out illustrations breakdown each letterform, taking the reader through each stroke. A large collection of gallery images that provide further inspiration for how to use creative lettering in artwork.$34.99$14.99
From being spray-painted onto walls and trains, to enjoying acclaim in galleries and museums, the graffiti movement has changed. Far from being viewed as mindless vandalism, graffiti, or urban street art, has become prized as a highly valued and socially relevant art form.
The book presents 38 of the most influential and pioneering urban artists from around the world who have driven this transformation, exploring their mediums, methods and backgrounds, and why they've chosen to challenge classical ideas of art to convey messages about urban culture. From well-known names such as Banksy, Shepard Fairey and Blek le Rat to superstars of the underground movement, these are artists who have moved far away from the cliched lettering and tags to develop individual styles that reflect and critique modern life.
Urban Art Legends is the perfect companion for anyone wanting to learn more about this vibrant, exciting and constantly evolving art form.$34.99$14.99
A venerable craft technique gets a makeover. Crammed with scores of easily transferable, actual-size designs to customize T-shirts, skirts, bed-linen, bags, hats and neckties.
Whether you appliqué by hand or by machine, and whatever your level of experience with the craft, this book is packed with ideas, patterns, techniques and start-to-finish projects. From cheeky creatures to funky fruits and florals, and from retro motifs to cute cutting-edge designs, you will find endless mix-and-match possibilities and a catalogue of great stand-alone designs.$29.99$11.99
100 Ideas that Changed Street Style is a look-by-look dissection of the key ideas that changed the way we dress – from the middle of the 20th century to the present day – explaining the most iconic items of clothing and how they were worn, what the look was born of, its cultural background, how it was received, and how it still resonates in fashion today.
The modern wardrobe owes its development not just to fashion designers in Paris or Milan but also to gangs and movements brought together by a shared appreciation of music, sport or a particular underground culture, and a certain style that defines membership.
These styles have rocked establishments, created stereotypes, expressed social division as much as they have united people, entered the language, spread around the world, and, above all, transformed dress for a wider public.$39.99$19.99
Recreate the beauty of a summer garden with this gorgeous selection of flowers, leaves and plants to crochet. From lacy blossoms and delicate ferns to lush ivies and vibrant wildflowers, you'll find patterns to suit any colour, style or season.
Small and quick to crochet, these flowers work wonderfully as unique accents for larger projects, as a creative use for leftover thread or as a colourful introduction to thread crochet. Whether you're new to thread crochet or a longtime enthusiast, you'll find clear instructions and full patterns for a wide array of designs, from simple flowers and leaves to larger and more elaborate ones.$39.99$17.99
Bring the magic of a fresh snowfall into your own home with this gorgeous collection of crocheted snowflakes with all the lacy beauty of the real thing. Spend an hour making an ornament or two, or take a weekend and crochet a whole blizzard!
Clear instructions and full patterns for a wide range of designs – from simple snowflakes requiring only a few stitches to large, intricate ones – this book gives you all the techniques you'll need.$39.99$17.99
Transform an ordinary Tee yourself! This book is all about the potential to create your own designer versions for a fraction of the cost.
Every chapter contains at least 10 original ideas, each with a new technique to learn or explore. Many of the T-shirts are quick and easy to make. You will find the basic information you need about tools, materials and techniques.$24.99$12.99
150 mix-and-match designs for cute and cosy quilted treasures. Choose from colourful patchwork designs, geometrics and pictorial blocks featuring applique teddies, hearts, flowers, letters, numbers.
Each design has a detailed colour photo, recipe of ingredients and templates (if required). Mix-and-match ideas for using the blocks on their own (tessellated for all-over pattern) or with others in the book. Step-by-step technique photos, from selecting fabrics to embellishing the finished quilt.$19.99$12.99
Make your own gorgeous bunting designs in a range of stunning fabrics and finishes – perfect sewing projects to adorn the home and garden. These designs are also great for parties, weddings or to celebrate Christmas.
- 20 Designs
- All patterns included for Christmas Tree Bunting, Name Bunting, Pleated Fan, Lace Flower Bunting and more!
The mysteries of Fair Isle are revealed! This title offers simple solutions to the seemingly complex technique of stranded colourwork.
From simple single row patterns to complex all-over motifs, you'll find colourways that will thrill and inspire your knitting, whether you're a beginner or experienced knitter.
Featuring easy-to-read charts, columns to illustrate colour changes and clear photographs of each sample swatch. Organized by row count and stitch count, it makes it easy for you to find the perfect motif for your projects.$34.99$14.99
The book features:
- 200 stitch patterns and mix-and-match block designs plus a selection of pretty trims
- Colour close-up swatch, clear directions, motif diagrams if needed with each sample shown
- At-a-glance symbols for skill-rating, working method, yarns and colours
- Advice on choosing yarns, (cotton, wool, chenille, silk) colours (light, bright, dark), stitch patterns and blocks
- Illustrated steps teach techniques / stitches
These designs can be completed in literally 30 minutes or less, giving knitters something to do on boring train trips or while waiting for the pot roast to come out of the oven. Features easy-to-follow instructions, tips on yarns and directions for making interesting stitches that add a touch of variety to many projects which include:
- Wallets, Purses and Pouches – for cell phone, cameras, and more
- Accessories – including neckties and beaded wire earrings
- Whimsies – including a coffee mug cozy, a teacup pin cushion, a Christmas tree decoration
- Hats and Headbands- – oop-the-loop earmuffs, a gingham hair band, and more
- For Little People – booties, mittens, finger puppets and more
This is the perfect project guide for crochet newbies as well as more experienced crafters who never seem to have enough time to devote to their projects. You will find a fabulous collection of 60 quick and easy projects that can be completed in 30 minutes or less each! Features include:
- Advice on using different fabrics, how to read a crochet chart, creating shape and techniques for basic and more advanced stitches
- Tips on putting together a travel crochet kit
- Clear and easy instructions are enhanced with more than 100 full-colour diagrams and photographs
The ultimate compendium of technical know-how and troubleshooting tips organised in the order you would need them as you work through a project. Colour photos and directions guide you through each stage or you can instantly access a particular problem. Learn how to:
- Estimate amounts, substitute yarns
- Adapt patterns to create tailor-made garments
- Deal with tension variations
- Lengthen an existing piece with trims / edging
- Mix and match patterns
- Embellish with beads, etc
- Demos of all stitches
3D Colouring Cities takes grown-up colouring to the next dimension.
- Follow the easy instructions to learn where to place warm and cool colours, and watch your artwork pop off the page
- A relaxing and inspiring activity book suitable for kids and grown-ups alike
- The highly detailed designs include reimagined iconic landmarks, urban metropolises and sprawling cityscapes
- Includes lightly guided doodle pages
With 50 original designs to choose from, including a host of colourful sunflower blooms and buds in many sizes, as well as leaves, vines, and little sunflower-loving critters, you'll find many ideas to spark your creativity in this delightful book of sunflowers to knit, crochet and felt.
Author Kristin Nicholas includes an inspirational chapter on how to work with colour to create bold, bright and beautiful sunflowers. You'll also find a mixture of attractive ideas for using your sunflowers in a range of ways, from customizing clothing and accessories to creating elegant gifts and homewares.$29.99$12.99
Lots of tips and hints are teamed with fully illustrated step-by-step instructions so you can tie decorative knots from across the world. Combine ornamental knots with beads for a modern look, or choose a more traditional style with entirely knot built pieces.
It shows you how to use jump rings and seal cords and will be invaluable as you progress to designing and creating your own knotted jewellery. Featuring:
- 75 different knots each knot is graded from beginner to advanced
- Comprehensive techniques section
- Practical know-how approach
- 10 projects
A charming collection of squared, triangular, diamond-shaped and hexagonal blocks, all with a floral theme. From traditional blanket squares with petals and rosebuds to colourful blocks with three dimensional flowers and butterflies, there's something here to inspire every crochet fan. Great for crafters on the go.
- Written patterns and corresponding charts
- A useful techniques section for anyone who wants to brush up their crochet skills
- Creative projects to help you to make your choice of locks, yarns and colours to create your own versions of the projects illustrated
A charming collection of square, triangular, diamond-shaped and hexagonal blocks, all with a floral theme: from traditional blanket squares with petals and rosebuds to colourful blocks with three-dimensional flowers and butterflies, there's something here to inspire every knitter.
Great for crafters "on-the-go": it's easy to carry with you just what you need to work a few blocks while travelling, commuting or meeting friends. When all the blocks are complete, you can assemble the whole project at leisure.
- Written patterns and corresponding charts
- A Useful Techniques section for anyone who wants to brush up their knitting skills
- Creative Projects to help you to make your choice of blocks, yarns and colours to create your own versions of the projects illustrated
In 80s Fashion, explore one of the most diverse and exciting periods in British fashion and the work of some of the decade's leading designers including Betty Jackson, Leigh Bowery, John Galliano, Body Map, Vivienne Westwood and many others.
Based on the decade's extraordinarily creative interaction between fashion and popular music, this extensively illustrated book shows how club fashions were interpreted for a wider audience through the striking photography and innovative graphic designs of key magazines such as The Face and i-D.
Casting new light on the designs of the decade, 80s Fashion includes interviews and original archive material from practitioners such as Wendy Dagworthy and Paul Smith.$39.99$14.99
A century's worth of fabulous looks to help you start every day in style. Each day features a new photo and a related quote, ensuring a constant source of inspiration right on your desktop.
For those whose datebooks have been replaced by smartphones, this calendar allows users to enjoy the warm analogue feeling of marking every day with the turn of a page.$44.99$19.99
Secrets for quilting success are presented through a variety of techniques, exercises and insider tips to inspire novice quilters and experienced textile artists to make genuine works of art.
This guide explores texture, shape, line, colour and value with examples and hands-on exercises. Essential principles such as focal point, balance, repetition, scale and space are paired with creativity exercise as well as inspiring artwork from the author and guests.
This reference clarifies quilting goals and takes the craft to the next level through design and composition.$37.99$17.99