Sales & Specials
Inspired by tradition. Freed by creativity. This is Barbecue, American Style.Go beyond the traditional and get a taste of the new, authentic American barbecue.
Weber's American Barbecue is an exciting, hands-on exploration of how barbecue is evolving. Fresh, modern and totally original, this book tours some of the most interesting trends in barbecue today. Features include:
- Places of interest, local experts, and the history behind the recipes
- Over 120 innovative new recipes – from starters and main dishes, to sides and sauces
- Step-by-step instruction on the latest techniques with hundreds of photos to show you how to get the most from your barbecue
Mixed Media Masterpieces with Jenny & Aaron contains everything you'll need to make a personal, one-of-a-kind masterpiece, whether it's a mixed-media print to display in your living room, a handcrafted card to send to a friend, or a memorable art journal to pass down to your children.
With crafts ranging from a fall-themed art journal to a gorgeous wood mounted sign to a Day of the Dead inspired print, there is truly something for everyone. Step-by-step photos (180 in total) make it easy to follow along and makes sure each project comes out brilliantly. This book will truly allow you to start celebrating everyday!$29.99$14.99
Landscape designer Michael Cooke presents five of his superbly designed gardens, including his own, which are illustrated by the lyrically beautiful photographs of coauthor Brigid Arnott.
The selected landscapes encapsulate the characteristics he considers vital in the making of a truly beautiful, liveable garden. They have a distinct 'voice' of their own, reflecting not only the personality and style of the owners, but also the longstanding relationship and emotional connection between the owners and Michael, who has maintained and developed the gardens over many years.
Significantly, they all feature elements of wildness combined with a degree of order. These characteristics lend the gardens great character and texture: the landscapes may be magnificent, but they all have an organic quality, imperfections, amid a degree of 'disobedience' that makes them distinctive and compelling.$59.99$39.99
Tina Barrett shows you how to hand knit geometric patterns in a wide range of styles, from minimalist to ornate, and from classic to contemporary. Her clear yet comprehensive instruction includes:
- Patterns for 750 different geometric patterns, including plaid, Greek key and more
- 10 step-by-step projects suitable for knitters of all skill levels
- Instructions for a range of knitting techniques, including intarsia, Fair Isle, beading and more
Each pattern is individually charted on knitter's graph paper – so the finished shape is accurately shown – and selected patterns are illustrated with a knitted swatch. Approximately 1000 colour photos, illustrations and diagrams throughout provide inspiration and instruction.$34.99$14.99
From being spray-painted onto walls and trains, to enjoying acclaim in galleries and museums, the graffiti movement has changed. Far from being viewed as mindless vandalism, graffiti, or urban street art, has become prized as a highly valued and socially relevant art form.
The book presents 38 of the most influential and pioneering urban artists from around the world who have driven this transformation, exploring their mediums, methods and backgrounds, and why they've chosen to challenge classical ideas of art to convey messages about urban culture. From well-known names such as Banksy, Shepard Fairey and Blek le Rat to superstars of the underground movement, these are artists who have moved far away from the cliched lettering and tags to develop individual styles that reflect and critique modern life.
Urban Art Legends is the perfect companion for anyone wanting to learn more about this vibrant, exciting and constantly evolving art form.$34.99$19.99
This book is loaded with original artwork and valuable insight from 64 artists, incredibly diverse in styles and subjects, each using acrylic in unique ways to create expressive and personal art. It features:
- 64 individual ideas, approaches and inspirations for working with acrylic paints
- 29 styles, ranging from photorealism to minimal colour field and everything in between, are explored through artist profiles, artwork and boundary-breaking "challenges" that provide dynamic starting points for your own art
- 29 step-by-step demonstrations illustrate acrylic-driven techniques you can take straight to your work, including collage and assemblage, reverse painting, printmaking, accidental stencilling, working with metallic mixtures and more