The Geometry of Hand-Sewing is an instruction manual to the embroidery and hand-sewing techniques and styles used at Alabama Chanin and the School of Making.
Within, readers will find invaluable instruction on technique, as well as two stitching cards containing some of Alabama Chanin's most popular stitch patterns. These patterns are presented in a geometric grid system to make learning the stitches easy and straightforward.
From laying out tools and materials to elaborating on stitches and how to create patterns with them, this book will be your go-to guide for becoming a more informed consumer, an enabled teacher and a better maker in the art of embroidery and hand-stitching.$34.99
This collection of patterns for socks and hats covers you top to toe in amazing designs by Fiona Goble.
There are patterns for babies, toddlers and children, including teddy bear booties, unicorn socks and even a pug dog hat so you can match your pet. There are also plenty of makes for teens and adults too, including llama and reindeer socks and a sloth hat.
The sock patterns are designed to be simple and straightforward, while the hats are finished with Fiona's trademark attention to detail. Whether you prefer cuddly cats or colourful cockatiels, fluffy foxes or perky piglets, you will find something here to suit you.$29.99
Tina Barrett shows you how to hand knit geometric patterns in a wide range of styles, from minimalist to ornate, and from classic to contemporary. Her clear yet comprehensive instruction includes:
- Patterns for 750 different geometric patterns, including plaid, Greek key and more
- 10 step-by-step projects suitable for knitters of all skill levels
- Instructions for a range of knitting techniques, including intarsia, Fair Isle, beading and more
Each pattern is individually charted on knitter's graph paper – so the finished shape is accurately shown – and selected patterns are illustrated with a knitted swatch. Approximately 1000 colour photos, illustrations and diagrams throughout provide inspiration and instruction.$34.99$14.99
Kaffe Fassett has returned to his American roots. Using the collection of American vintage quilts in Britain's American Museum in Bath as his inspiration, Kaffe has chosen 18 different quilts as the basis for his 20 new designs in this book. Designs feature both his latest fabrics and his much-loved classics, mostly from the Kaffe Fassett Collective but also his latest collection of Artisan fabrics.
- An introductory section features the original quilts that inspired Kaffe, and tells the reader something about their provenance
- New designs demonstrate Kaffe's vivid and unique colour combinations, giving new meaning to familiar block patterns such as Tumbling Blocks, Starbursts and Log Cabins
- Each pattern contains full step-by-step piecing instructions and detailed diagrams
- Photographed in bucolic Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Choose from over 500 crazy-quilt seam treatments, each with a detailed photo and guide for the basic stitches included. Learn 61 basic embroidery stitches, including silk ribbon and beaded stitches, through step-by-step photos, plus get crazy-quilt block piecing instructions and helpful information on tools and supplies. Then put it all together in a gorgeous, intricate sampler.
- This book will inspire you to stitch daily
- Create a beautiful sampler, with a different treatment for each individual seam
- Intricate and creative embroidery, silk ribbon and beaded stitches
Edward's Menagerie was a runaway success for Kerry Lord, but you weren't content with mammals alone! After constant requests for penguins, owls and chickens, Kerry is back with another collection of outstanding crochet patterns, this time for 40 unique crochet bird patterns all made with beginner crochet techniques.
These easy-to-follow tried-and-tested crochet patterns are the most diverse range of crochet birds ever published – all presented in Kerry's witty style: from Elvis the cockatoo with a karaoke addiction to Dora the narcoleptic Wood Pigeon.$44.99$36.99