Just a bit of winding, tying, trimming and fluffing is all it takes to make anyone feel creative!
Adorable Pom Pom Animals features lessons, diagrams and step-by-step instructions on how to make 30 different toys, fashion accessories and home decor items in different shapes and sizes – from miniature poodles and bunnies small enough to wear on a brooch or bag to larger bears, monkeys and parakeets big enough to fill the palm of your hand or hang in your car.
In this charming little book, you will learn how to:
- Select the right yarns to create the correct texture for each animal
- Use stitching and trimming to sculpt and define the designs
- Hone your needle felting skills to give each creation its own personality
Sew Barbie this cute wardrobe of 24 stylish outfits.
Sew clothes for every day: jeans and a tie-waist shirt for a picnic in the country, a fleecy jumper and trousers for skiing, a bikini, towel and sunhat for the beach or dungarees for DIY. Or create outfits for special occasions, such as a floral cocktail dress, A-line wedding dress or a formal lacy dress for the theatre. And why not dip into the dressing-up box with fairy, mermaid and superwoman costumes?
The detailed explanations are accompanied by step-by-step diagrams and real-size patterns, which can be adapted for petite, curvy, tall or original Barbie. The techniques used are simple and the outfits can be sewn by hand or on the machine. These are ideal projects for upcycling old clothes or making use of scraps of fabric from your stash.
Look inside the book.$34.99
The Geometry of Hand-Sewing is an instruction manual to the embroidery and hand-sewing techniques and styles used at Alabama Chanin and the School of Making.
Within, readers will find invaluable instruction on technique, as well as two stitching cards containing some of Alabama Chanin's most popular stitch patterns. These patterns are presented in a geometric grid system to make learning the stitches easy and straightforward.
From laying out tools and materials to elaborating on stitches and how to create patterns with them, this book will be your go-to guide for becoming a more informed consumer, an enabled teacher and a better maker in the art of embroidery and hand-stitching.$34.99
Get ready to create extraordinary mixed-media art! With Artful Adventures in Mixed Media, you will paint, layer and collage your way to beautiful, meaningful art! Inside you'll find:
- A basic supply list, including how to build a personalized art-on-the-go kit
- Tips and step-by-step instruction for getting the most out of your artful adventure
- Mixed media art techniques, including collage, visual layering, textured painting, photo manipulation and even using embroidery floss
Get ready for summer with the delightful new Tilda book! Sunshine Sewing is full of ideas:
- Get your home ready for the new season with lovely scrap bowls, colourful quilts and unique pillows
- Fabric lemons and colourful starfish are great summer decor or sweet gifts as pin cushions
- Get ready for beach life with summery beach bags
- Sew new Tilda characters for kids like mermaids, Patch Cats and a large cozy and fun Patchwork Octopus
In this book, you will discover 25 gorgeous papercraft projects for home décor to make for yourself or as gifts for friends and family. Start by learning the essential techniques, including papercutting, scoring, folding, shaping and glueing, then dive straight into the myriad beautiful designs from pop-up cards and cake toppers to lampshades, fairylights and even a cuckoo clock!
For the more complex designs, templates have also been printed in the book which you can scan or trace for a quick and easy start to your papercutting journey.
Papercutting is one of the most popular crafts around, and no wonder with just a few tools you can draw beautiful designs with your scalpel and experience the relaxing, creative and rewarding experience of paperworking.
Look inside the book.$29.99