Practical Pattern Making
A Step-by-Step Guide
In Practical Pattern Making two pattern-making experts and designers introduce the basic techniques of creative pattern design for clothing. It is intended to help fashion students, designers and enthusiastic sewers develop and create a variety of styles, regardless of complexity.
The book uses photographs, examples, diagrams and templates to explain all of the techniques, formulas and professional tricks to create a custom-tailored skirt, suit or dress. The tutorial style poses questions that encourage problem-solving.
- How to measure the body, with 13 illustrative photographs
- Blank professional worksheets to copy and use
- 40 scaled pattern templates with all markings
- How to draw and mark a sized pattern with darts, pleats and so on
- Modelling and draping to design and fit a pattern
- Working with fabric grain and bias
- Photos of garments in process and finished
- The 40 garment selections begin with a basic skirt and progress from a fitted jacket and suit to an asymmetrical balloon dress, flounce dress, tissue dresses and more. All require just a few pattern pieces.
Dimensions245 x 225 mm
StatusIn stock for immediate dispatch