Anywhere, Anytime Art: Watercolor is an inspirational, easy-to-use reference guide for artists who seek to expand their artistic horizons in new and adventurous ways.
After a basic overview of tools and materials, learn how to find inspiration and beauty everywhere and in everything. Discover how to create a portable pack-and-carry supply box to create art spontaneously, even while on the go. Basic drawing and painting techniques, approachable step-by-step projects, and instructions for working with tools outside the studio demonstrate how easy it is to draw and paint without too much advanced planning.$19.99
Soraya French encourages you to experiment with mixing media and to create more adventurous paintings and broaden your artistic horizons using acrylics, pastels and collage. She shows how to bring the best out of mixing these media with handy tips, some simple projects and several step-by-step demonstrations. The book features:
- Seasonal chapters, with each section dealing with the colours, shapes, patterns and textures particular to each season
- Information on mixing colours relevant to each season
- Interesting ways of painting flowers and other details of nature, how to create exciting compositions and how to add architectural aspects within the landscape
- Figures may be added in order to animate the composition and create a narrative
Built around the concepts of play and practice, Jo Toye embraces experimentation and innovation. Focusing on technique, line and "working small," she shares a host of unusual techniques and works with unusual materials.
- Emphasis on line and the use of line to build an under structure for design and composition
- Interesting mixed media techniques for use in creating in acrylic – stencilling, sponging, masking, rolling paint and working with gesso
- Use of the small format painting and the emphasis on making "practice samples" that can be referenced at a later time for inspiration and direction in larger paintings
These simple tools and concepts result in line work that is distinctive.$42.99$39.99
A paperback reissue Hazel Soan's classic practical art book. In The Essence of Watercolour Hazel shows how wonderfully versatile and beguiling the medium of watercolour is and how to get the most out of it.
Hazel stresses how important it is to understand the characteristics of the medium in order to exploit it to the full. She encourages the reader to explore the properties of watercolour and to be unafraid of strength of colour and brushstroke. Hazel shows through demonstration and projects that tone is king in watercolour and illustrates how to paint light with the use of shade. Armed with this understanding she demonstrates that watercolour is not such an unforgiving medium after all: accidents and mistakes can be disguised, overridden and corrected.
The Essence of Watercolour is a culmination of many years of Hazel's teaching and demonstrating, in which she offers inspirational insights into the secrets of watercolour painting and encourages artists to take their art to the next level.$29.99
This comprehensive and accessible book brings together all Terry Harrison has learnt during his lifetime and provides over 170 tips, techniques and trade secrets to help the reader improve their watercolour painting.
Terry begins with what materials to buy, using photographs, colour and techniques, and ends with numerous tips on painting a variety of subjects such as skies, distance, mountains, beaches and boats. Terry has an easy, accessible style that artists of all abilities will find easy to understand, making this book an invaluable resource that the reader will return to again and again.
Look inside the book.$36.99
In this concise book, Hazel Soan explains everything you need to know about oils in an accessible way.
- Advice on the materials you need (keeping things to a minimum), how to mix colours, basic brush techniques and how to use a palette knife
- Subjects range from still life, flowers, animals, landscapes, figures and portraits
- Filled with easy-to-follow exercises and demonstrations
This is a practical and helpful guide to learning to paint in oils very quickly.$19.99$9.99