This relaxed-fit dress has asymmetric side flare, deep bottom band, back yoke with centre back seam, long tapered sleeves and narrow hems.
Suggested Fabrics Light to medium-weight knits, 2 or 4-way stretch
Multi size XS – XXL$35.00
Discover how to machine quilt creative designs the easy way. More than 60 striking quilting motifs are at your fingertips in this comprehensive visual guide to free-motion machine quilting. Lori Kennedy takes you through each step of the process with easy-to-understand instructions and a multitude of clear, close-up photos so you won't miss a stitch.
- Learn to quilt dozens of unique and clever motifs, including flowers, animals, zigzags, swirls and twirls, and much more
- Give your next project that irresistible pop of texture you've been looking for – many of these designs aren't found in other quilting books
- Convenient lay-flat spiral binding makes the instructions easy to follow while you quilt
Elizabeth Moad takes you through simple step-by-step techniques to show you how to make beautiful quilled cards, gift boxes, tags and wall art for family and friends. Using minimal equipment and featuring flowers, balloons, hearts, owls and more, create unique and lovely gifts for the special occasions in your life.
Modern motifs, vibrant papers and funky framing can be used to transform this ancient craft into contemporary designs that appeal to all ages. Elizabeth uses elements such as patterns and colour combinations as a starting point and then translates them into exciting quilling ideas.P>Look inside the book.$26.99
Sew a slice of life with 12 traditional quilts that prove to be more than just patterns but storytellers.
- Each quilt is inspired by life events that everyone can appreciate
- Bold blocks shimmer in their use of colour, value and repetition for handsome quilts with personality to boot
- Repeated blocks will stretch your skills beyond the basics, inviting you to perfect techniques such as strip piecing, half-square triangles, working with templates, paper piecing, machine appliqué and sewing set-in seams and curves in a way that's easy to understand
Author Rohn Strong shares 19 patterns for cosy socks, along with a wide variety of techniques, in this comprehensive guide.
The first section focuses on construction methods: you'll learn basic toe-up and cuff-down construction, while being introduced to a variety of heel and toe treatments. Plus, you'll find out what makes a certain heel/toe combination perfect for socks.
The pattern section includes 19 socks ranging from basic ribbed and simple socks (great for customizing) to more technique-based pieces, focusing on colourwork, lace, cables and motifs. Includes a variety of skill levels.$39.99
These adorable furry figurines make wonderful gifts and accessories that you can carry around or wear.
The book includes step-by-step instructional colour photos and text that couldn't be easier to follow. It shows you how to make the basic shape, attach the components, add the details and then attach the finding – and your accessory is ready to be worn and appreciated.
With over 20 charming projects to make, great techniques and helpful tips, this is a book that felting beginners and experts alike will enjoy and treasure.$24.99
Celebrate vintage style in Vintage Made #9.
People and Fashion
- Stepping Back in Time by Eleanor Keene
- Fashioning Turbans by Eleanor Keane
- Something Old and Something New by Gabriella Holok
- A Nautical Collection
- Little Ol’ Beryl from Bondi by Lindie Ward
- Modern Retro by Eleanor Keene
Lifestyle & Entertainment
- Embroidery from the Past: Making the Australian Quilt by Lynda Worthington
- Paragon Art Needlecraft Pty Ltd by Lynda Worthington
- The House that Jack Built by Eleanor Keene
- Flapper Lace Dress Pattern (sizing from 6 to 26 with beautifully illustrated instructions) by Ann Grose
- Vintage Baby Bonnet
- Easy to Make Shift Dress by Mary Smith
- A Very Vintage Afternoon Tea by Eleanor Keene
Food & Technology
- Australian Made Cooking: ANZAC Biscuits, Damper, etc by Muriel Farquhar
- Australian Made by Muriel Farquhar
What can you sew with a 60° ruler and a simple, repeated shape? The possibilities are endless!
- Sew 20 one-patch quilts from triangles, half- and quarter-hexagons, diamonds and other easy, repeated motifs
- Two authors, two perfect methods! Try scrap piecing like Sara or strip cutting with Marci
- Start with full-size templates and play with intriguing colour placement for quick quilt tops that wow
Yarn #46 covers a wide range of skill sets and techniques to knit, felt, crochet or spin.
- Spinning Yarns and Weaving Dreams: Trevor’s Blanket by Rie Natalenko
- Stitch and Pattern Difficulty Guide
- Profile: Farmers Allan and Carol Phillips by Louise Harvey
- Knitting with Rovings by Kathy Baschiera
- Wrapped Chain Cord by Betty Abbott
- Looks can be Deceiving by Clare Hacker
- Weaving Past to Present by Angela Kelly
- Fibre Fact File by Lill Roberts
- Travel: New York by Louise Harvey
- Pom Pom Beanie by Kathy Baschiera
- Roving Strelitzia Cowl by Kathy Bashiera
- Migration Jumper by Michelle Gordon
- Winter Sunrise Socks by Jenny Occleshaw
- Men’s Cabled Jumper by Kiri Hillier
- Kids Corner: Monster Mash Rachel Preston
- Vintage Needle Art by Jenny Occleshaw