Turn the corner to free-motion success with a meandering makeover! Best-selling author Angela Walters shows you that free-motion quilting doesn't have to be scary – with a couple designs in your pocket, you can finish almost any quilt on your home machine and enjoy the process.
Practice 8 meandering stitches for beginners, plus creative variations on each, with step-by-step visuals and quilted samples. Start your free-motion journey on the right foot with proven techniques to help you disguise mistakes and transition between designs with ease.
- Thrive at free-motion quilting with popular teacher and best-selling author Angela Walters
- Just starting out? Angela includes the basics of quilting and supplies
- Troubleshoot mistakes, master the meander and practice fluid movement between quilt stitches
From traditional penny rugs to playful embellishments on a contemporary blue jean jacket, this delightful book offers something for everyone, whether you want to try wool appliqué for the first time. Projects include everything from table runners, pillows and pinkeeps to a needle book, a notebook cover, and more – all in the popular folk-art style.
- Contributing designers include Lori Brechlin, Anni Downs, Debbie Duckworth, Betty Edgell, Stacy Nash, Renée Plains and Marlene Strauser
- From traditional to more contemporary, there’s a wool project for every style and skill level
- Full-size appliqué patterns included
Step up your piecing with a small-scale version of the cherished Dresden Plate. Fall in love with the classic quilt block all over again as you learn the secret to impeccable mini Dresdens in two sizes – 4½" and 9" finished.
Polish your piecing, pressing and appliqué with proven techniques and apply those skills to 13 projects from bed-size beauties to wallhangings and table toppers. A mix of easy and intermediate quilts includes a quilt-as-you-go project, tranquil yet engaging colour palettes and not-quite-traditional layouts with their own unique flair.
- Stitch tiny Dresden Plates with perfect points and petals
- Sew 13 unique quilt projects ranging from a table runner to a bed quilt
- Learn precision piecing and pressing tips anyone can use, plus blind-hem appliqué and practical quilt-as-you-go
Explore new options in improvisational piecing and empower your creativity! Cut and combine solid-colour fabrics to create your own "prints" – stripes, polka dots, chevrons, plaids and more.
Forget the rules (and even your ruler) as you piece colourful solids into compelling quilt designs. Use colour, pattern and repetition to develop your personal design aesthetic as you stitch freely to create unique quilts that pack a punch!
- Piece new prints and patterns out of solid fabrics and use them to create original, dynamic quilt designs
- Empower your creativity – work freely without preconceived ideas
- Join author Maria Shell in a step-by-step journey of artistic discovery with this fascinating visual guide
Sewing Knits from Fit to Finish gives you the instruction you need to sew soft knit fabrics using professional techniques. This comprehensive reference book from expert Linda Lee (designer of the Sewing Workshop pattern range) includes methods for both conventional sewing machines and sergers, and it includes precise construction notes and how-to photos along the way.
The book moves step-by-step through the sewing process, including:
- Preparing fabric before it's cut
- Transferring pattern markings onto knit fabrics
- Organizing a garment's construction
- Sewing seams and selecting seam style
- Utilizing stabilizers and inserting closures
- Sewing a hem and selecting a hem style
- Adding embellishments to create a more unique garment
Dimensional tuck knitting, developed by Tracy Purtscher, is an ingenious new technique that looks complicated yet is deceptively simple.
All a knitter must do is knit a field of stockinette with a few precisely placed knit or purl stitches that act as markers, pick up a stitch here and there, and then work those stitches in a simple manner. This takes advantage of the flexibility of knitted fabric, creating a series of manipulated welts that bend, fold, and double back on themselves for vibrant three-dimensional texture.
With step-by-step instructions and illuminating information on every aspect of the technique, this book provides a comprehensive understanding that will inspire knitters of all skill levels. More than 85 patterns, each with written and charted instructions, will dazzle; and the collection of 10 projects – ranging from a mohair shawl to a cozy blanket, from a bulky pullover to elegant fingerless mitts – will stun.
So, give Dimensional Tuck Knitting a try. It's the perfect new technique for all yarn weights, all projects and every knitter who loves texture.
Look inside to view pages from the book.$39.99