Discover the joys of weaving beautiful projects for your home with the rigid heddle loom, including techniques, tips, tricks and projects. This book will give you the tools and techniques you need to weave custom textiles for every room of your home.
Learn how to make multiple towels all the same size, how to create a sturdy rug and more. All of these projects plus placemats, runners, tablecloths, trivets, pillows, curtains, throws and even shower curtains can all be made on a rigid heddle loom with little sewing, shaping and loom waste. Home decor makes great gifts, and from a weaver's perspective, they are fun and efficient to make.
You can put on long warps to weave multiple projects, changing up each one to create something truly unique. Weaving for your home means that you can create a runner that perfectly fits the dimensions of your dining room table and then create custom placemats and napkins to go with coordinating the colours of your room.$42.99
Dawn Heese offers a soothing return to the past through 17 charming folk art-style quilts and small projects. A gentle and warm ambiance and easy appliqué; one imagines oneself in a country home, a bunch of wildflowers on the table and a welcoming chair where it’s good to settle in and quilt.
From Quiltmania with text in both English and French.$67.99
Deirdre Bond-Abel's first book gives prominence to:
- Wool appliqués in gleaming colours matched to pieced blocks in highly original creations
- Motifs from the past, in a new style and in a palette of magnificent colours and materials
- 17 quilt projects, wall hangings and accessories fully explained
From Quiltmania with text in both English and French.$64.99
Author Rohn Strong shares 19 patterns for cosy socks, along with a wide variety of techniques, in this comprehensive guide.
The first section focuses on construction methods: you'll learn basic toe-up and cuff-down construction, while being introduced to a variety of heel and toe treatments. Plus, you'll find out what makes a certain heel/toe combination perfect for socks.
The pattern section includes 19 socks ranging from basic ribbed and simple socks (great for customizing) to more technique-based pieces, focusing on colourwork, lace, cables and motifs. Includes a variety of skill levels.$39.99
Jen Lucas puts her special spin on a unique collection of knitwear. Discover seven eye-catching stitch patterns, each used to create three distinctive accessories, such as a sensational scarf, a cozy cowl and a spectacular shawl.
- You'll be amazed by how the stitch patterns add that special something to each project – knit all 21 designs
- Close-up photos of all seven stitch patterns are included
- This all-new collection includes projects for a range of skill levels
Tempted to start painting but not sure where to start? Learn how to paint beautiful watercolour flowers using just 3 colours, 3 brushes, a plastic palette and a watercolour pad.
This book will build your skills through easy exercises, starting from the simplest of tulips and working up to a stunning rose. Clear advice and step-by-step photography will show you exactly what to do at each stage. No drawing necessary you can simply trace and transfer the basic drawings from the finished paintings, which are shown at full size.P>Look inside the book.$24.99
It's time for a brand-new year filled with cheerful quilts shown in all their fabulous, full-colour glory. You'll find a wide variety of designs to tempt you, including scrappy patchwork, simple embroidery, primitive accents and more so you can sew along all 12 months with That Patchwork Place.
- Features 12 carefully curated quilt projects including table runners, throws, a pincushion and a bed-sized quilt
- 28-page pullout booklet with step-by-step instructions for every project makes it easy to re-create each design
- Projects by top designers are shown in full-colour, styled photos
Ann Small's imaginative use of cutting and manipulating techniques, and her layering and colouring tricks, makes this your go-to guide for bringing form and texture to your fabric artwork.
This book is a rich resource and reference for textile artists seeking new ideas and who want to experiment with reverse appliqué and related techniques such as layering, trapunto, stacks, puffs and fabric manipulation.
- Packed with techniques suitable for quilting and other textile art
- Three wearable step-by-step projects
- Clear, close-up images make layering enjoyable and accessible
Vintage Cake Decorations Made Easy is a sumptuous and accessible guide to creating sugarpaste masterpieces using modern tips, tricks and techniques that are available to everyone – from professional cake decorators to home bakers. Christina's book is filled to the brim with clear, step-by-step instructions, mouth-watering projects and gorgeous photography, and in it she reveals her secrets to help you create stunning vintage-style cakes that are bound to impress.
The book begins with guidance on how to cover your cakes, colour mixing and essential techniques such as using mould and mats, then leads you through nine stunning and stylish cake-decorating projects that look almost too beautiful to eat! From vintage-style cupcakes to a magnificent wedding cake, you will not believe how easy it is to create a sugarpaste masterpiece.
Look inside the book.$34.99
Jacquie Gering shows all of her tips, tricks and techniques to master all of the skills needed to quilt with a walking foot.
This book covers the basics of using the walking foot, in addition to preparing the quilt, marking, managing large quilts, preventing puckers and keeping lines straight. It includes a variety of types of walkingfoot quilting, including channel quilting, matchstick quilting and decorative stitch quilting.
Quilters won't be limited to straight line quilting, either! They'll learn how to quilt spirals, simple curves and marked curves like braids and clamshells.$49.99
Australian author Jemima Flendt shows you how to create stylish quilts, cushions and runners in a few days or less. Written for quilters of all skill levels, this easy-to-use guide features:
- Step-by-step directions for making16 quilts (three bed-size, eight mini quilts, two runners, three cushions) designed to be completed over a weekend
- Quiltmaking basics and finishing techniques as well as tips on using pre-cuts, templates and rulers
- Techniques include: English paper piecing, foundation paper piecing, strip piecing, fussy cutting, appliqué and working on smaller-scale designs and with light and dark fabrics
What can you sew with a 60° ruler and a simple, repeated shape? The possibilities are endless!
- Sew 20 one-patch quilts from triangles, half- and quarter-hexagons, diamonds and other easy, repeated motifs
- Two authors, two perfect methods! Try scrap piecing like Sara or strip cutting with Marci
- Start with full-size templates and play with intriguing colour placement for quick quilt tops that wow