Sales & Specials
From brooches to bookends, paperweights to place cards, miniature owls to patterned pebbles, you can create just about anything with the right rock and a bit of imagination.
In Rock Art!, visual artist Denise Scicluna provides inspiration and advice for rocking our artsy side with:
- Tips for finding and identifying rocks and preparing them for paint
- Techniques for creating the perfect "rock" from polymer clay
- A guide to gathering tools, from paint, pencils and brushes to wood filler and varnish
- Dozens of projects for bringing pebbles to life with personality and style
Simple, step-by-step instructions, and more than 250 full-colour illustrations that practically pop off the page make this fun and unusual book perfect for crafters of all ages.$21.99$11.99
Trained nutritionist Vicki Edgson and experienced food writer Heather Thomas set out the origins, nutritional make-up and health benefits of 20 seed varieties before exploring their diverse and delicious culinary uses.
With more than 50 recipes that demonstrate the amazing versatility of these small, nutrient-packed ingredients, Amazing Edible Seeds offers numerous ways to enjoy seeds, from sprinkling them over salads or your breakfast bowl, to the more unexpected and adventurous applications to stews, risottos and desserts.
There are traditional dishes and old favourites as well as innovative ideas that reflect current food trends. Suggested alternative combinations will inspire you to experiment further, and cater for plant-protein purists as well as those with wider-ranging appetites.$39.99$19.99
Taste for Life is your complete guide to plant-based cuisine, containing not only a cornucopia of delicious and nutritious recipe ideas but everything you need to know about plant-based eating. Discover:
- Why eating more meat-free meals is good news for animals, the planet and your health
- How plant-based foods can give you all the nourishment you need and more
- How to get started
- What to ditch and what to switch
- Tips and tricks for quick and easy meals everyone will want to try
- How to celebrate with the best of them, with yummy plant-based dishes and treats for barbecues, kids' parties, the festive season and more
With more than 100 recipes that include tasty breakfasts, snacks and lunches, scrumptious comfort foods and luscious desserts, Animals Australia's Taste for Life will help you and your family eat kindly, tread lightly and live well.$39.99$24.99
Give stashed fabrics new life with quilt patterns to make the most of your precut collection! The authors show you the basics of how to quilt from your stash, with a special focus on colour, print and scale.
The vibrant and versatile quilt patterns are tailored to precut fabric strips, squares and fat quarters. Learn how to add additional yardage, mix and match different fabric lines and design a stunning quilt from fabric you already have on hand.
- 13 fresh patterns to use your stash of precut squares, strips and fat quarters
- Alternate colourways and precut choices, such as using 3 fat quarters, 11 precut strips or 42 charm squares
- Tips for resizing quilts with multiple borders or border blocks
In this concise book, Hazel Soan explains everything you need to know about oils in an accessible way.
- Advice on the materials you need (keeping things to a minimum), how to mix colours, basic brush techniques and how to use a palette knife
- Subjects range from still life, flowers, animals, landscapes, figures and portraits
- Filled with easy-to-follow exercises and demonstrations
This is a practical and helpful guide to learning to paint in oils very quickly.$19.99$9.99
Ben Raskin shares his expert knowledge in this funky guide for families who are new to edible gardening, looking at the whole life cycle of food, from seed sowing and saving to planning and planting, and-most exciting of all – harvesting the food that you've grown.
From planting your very own pizza toppings to becoming runner bean rivals and learning that a strawberry is actually lots of little strawberries, teach your kids that growing fruit and vegetables is easy and fun, and eating food that you have produced together is even better. Complete with stickers, runner-bean measuring chart, a fruit pairs game and a rainbow taste wheel, Grow offers your family the inspiration to get out there and get planting.$18.99$12.99