Sales & Specials
This book is loaded with original artwork and valuable insight from 64 artists, incredibly diverse in styles and subjects, each using acrylic in unique ways to create expressive and personal art. It features:
- 64 individual ideas, approaches and inspirations for working with acrylic paints
- 29 styles, ranging from photorealism to minimal colour field and everything in between, are explored through artist profiles, artwork and boundary-breaking "challenges" that provide dynamic starting points for your own art
- 29 step-by-step demonstrations illustrate acrylic-driven techniques you can take straight to your work, including collage and assemblage, reverse painting, printmaking, accidental stencilling, working with metallic mixtures and more
Food critic turned farmer and sustainable seafood activist Matthew Evans, along with his two best chef mates, show us how seafood should be cooked.
The simple recipes demystify everything from abalone to sea urchin, snapper to octopus, and the book offers inspiration if you want to catch your own dinner rather than head to the fishmongers. This is all about the taste of real food fresh from the sea, cooked with care and respect for the seafood populations in your part of the world...$49.99$34.99
Sew a slice of life with 12 traditional quilts that prove to be more than just patterns but storytellers.
- Each quilt is inspired by life events that everyone can appreciate
- Bold blocks shimmer in their use of colour, value and repetition for handsome quilts with personality to boot
- Repeated blocks will stretch your skills beyond the basics, inviting you to perfect techniques such as strip piecing, half-square triangles, working with templates, paper piecing, machine appliqué and sewing set-in seams and curves in a way that's easy to understand
Explore a life lived in stitches and witness the aesthetic evolution of a treasured quiltmaking artist.
Revel in this dazzling self-curated collection of Gwen Marston's more than five-decade passion for quiltmaking. From her early pieces inspired by Mennonite quilts to her innovative work with appliqué and texture to her exploration of modern design, Gwen's aesthetic has remained a glorious marriage of freedom in construction, expert use of unexpected colours and negative space and happy design surprises.
See more than 80 quilts representing more than 40 years and a variety styles – all united by a common thread: the artist Gwen Marston.$49.99$27.99
It’s time for some hands-on surface design with your favourite surface – fabric!
- Learn 4 easy ways to copy images to fabric, then embellish with 6 surface design techniques – cut-out, embroidery, discharge, paint, appliqué and reverse appliqué
- Sew 16 modern projects for giving and living, with full-size motifs for DIY fabric printing
- Use the pattern pull-out to copy modern graphics in the perfect size for your project
- Mix it up for one-of-a-kind pieces – the inspirational project gallery shows you how
The artist's first step in creating a painting is to sketch out a rough drawing on a canvas. This drawing gives the painting its structural base, indicating the picture's layout, the correct proportions of each element and the distribution of the details that combine to make up the picture's overall composition.
Drawing for Painters shows you how to make these basic drawings, and then guides you through the various stages toward completion of your painting. It provides practical advice and instruction to art students and serious amateurs and includes tips that even experienced professionals find helpful. Features include captioned colour illustrations and notes on how famous artists solved specific problems.$19.99$9.99