Beading & Jewellery
Soutache is the traditional craft of creating jewellery and embellishments from looped and stitched soutache braid. Here Donatella Ciotti brings the craft up to date, and provides all the guidance and inspiration you need to create stunningly beautiful contemporary designs for bracelets, necklaces, earrings and a whole host of adornments and fashionable accessories.
Using a few, readily available tools and materials, embroiderers, sewers and jewellery-makers alike will soon be creating eye-catching statement pieces in jewel-like colours, incorporating beads and gems for added opulence, that will truly make them stand out from the crowd.
Look inside the book.$29.99
Jewellery teacher extraordinaire Carles Codina covers a wide swath of techniques in depth, in a book packed with excellent instruction and superb how-to photography. She has created the best modern casting book that's authoritative, approachable, and loaded with fantastic creative techniques
Several wonderful and innovative projects to explore the teachings and a beautiful gallery round out this valuable, hands-on volume.$34.99$14.99
Discover how to create colourful and cute jewellery charms quickly and easily with polymer clay. This inspirational book shows you how to craft intricate charms with this versatile material, using only a handful of tools and equipment.
With 50 delightful projects to choose from, there is something for everyone. From adorable little creatures, tiny cakes and pretty flowers to cute household miniatures, beads and buttons.
Features clear, step-by-step instructions for all the essential techniques, including conditioning clay and mixing colours; shaping and cutting; caning; and baking and finishing techniques. There are projects for the absolute beginner, as well as those which feature a number of techniques for the more advance jewellery maker and which the novice can turn to with practice.$29.99$14.99
Flowers have long been a source of inspiration for jewellers, many of whom have sought to capture their transient beauty in glittering gemstones and precious metals. In the 17th and 18th centuries, flowers were imitated in enamel or used as motifs for elaborate gemstone bodice ornaments. Brooches, pendants and rings took the form of bouquets or flower baskets. Now, contemporary designers such as Claude Lalanne, Lorenz Baumer and JAR continue to create floral jewellrry for today's trendsetters.
The floral pieces in this book have all been selected from the magnificent jewellery collection of the Musee des Arts Decoratifs in Paris, and range from the 17th century to the present day. Beautifully photographed by renowned photographer Jean-Marie del Moral, these intricate works of art will delight all lovers of jewellery and nature.$39.99
With clear instruction, step-by-step sequences and over 25 projects, this practical book shows you how to access the steampunk world and make unique jewellery and accessories that will complete an outfit and transport you to another era, full of excitement, potential and extravagance.
- Introduction to the world of steampunk and its origins
- Advice on designing unique pieces and creating your own steampunk style
- Over 25 projects ranging from simple cog necklaces to more intricate goggles and ray guns
- Accessories and outfits for both men and women
- Inspirational photos and advice to help put an outfit together
Sue Heaser shows readers how to create intricate silver charms – from keys and padlocks to fairies and animals – using metal clay. The book features:
- Step-by-step instructions for 50 beautiful projects
- An overview of the necessary tools and materials
- Guidance for essential skills like molding, finishing and firing
- Design methods for beginners as well as more experienced sculptors
- Ideas for creating your own signature pieces
Shows you how to make everything from a tiny tea service, a micro monkey and some minute flowers to the sweetest little ladybird. No matter what your level of beading experience, you are sure to find the perfect beaded miniature project in this book.
- Step-by-step demonstrations, from basic construction to more advanced techniques
- Suggestions on how to incorporate your designs into projects – including jewellery, accessories and stationery
Visit Can Do Blog to see inside the book.$14.99
Celebrate the innovation and creative inspiration of contemporary beadmakers from around the world!
This gorgeous volume in the popular Showcase series presents 1000 unique beads, all handcrafted from a dazzling array of materials – including glass, polymer clay, ceramics, metal, paper, fibre, plastic, wood and stone. Each one is a magnificent piece of art, whether on its own or in a piece of jewellery or other ornamentation.$39.99
This book introduces a range of jewellery items, including pendants, bracelets, bangles, earrings, rings and a few items of men’s jewellery – all using leather and suede, in addition to beads and pre-bought chains and jewellery findings.
- Techniques are simple and require very little in the way of specialist tools
- Easy-to-source products
- Suitable for novice jewellery makers
Look inside the book.$12.99
These 20 simple, easy-to-make jewellery pieces, including brooches, necklaces and bracelets, are all based on the simplest technique for embossing sheet pewter – low-relief embossing. The pewter is combined with semi-precious stones and beads; glued to other materials such as wood, plastic and little scraps of fabric; and coloured with glass paints, giving the finished pieces a bright, colourful, contemporary feel.
Each project is accompanied by a beautiful, full-colour photograph of the finished piece; clear, step-by-step instructions; lists of the materials and equipment needed; and templates (where required). Two versions of each project are included, each made by following the same step-by-step instructions but by varying the embellishments, materials or colours used.
Look inside the book.$12.99
Pam Leach shows how to make 20 stunning jewellery items with brightly coloured rubber bands, some using just a hook, and others using a special loom.
- 9 easier projects using a hook, and 11 more challenging projects using the special (widely available) loom
- Includes a range of lovely jewellery such as earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings and hair accessories
- Clear, step-by-step instructions together with photographs and diagrams to show basic techniques and how to set up the loom
Learn how to make 20 absolutely stunning rings using three different techniques and a variety of beautiful beads.
All the techniques are explained with easy-to-follow instructions, and no previous experience of jewellery making is needed. The materials used are widely available from major craft stores, jewellery and bead suppliers.
These are inexpensive to make, so you can make lots to go with different outfits and they also make fantastic gifts for family and friends.
Look inside the book.$12.99
Jewellery designer Carolyn Schulz has created 20 imaginative pieces of trendy Steampunk jewellery to make. Follow the simple step-by-step instructions to assemble these wonderful pieces and be inspired to invent your own original Steampunk variations.
Choose from pendants, bracelets, necklaces, brooches, rings, earrings and many more.$12.99
Lots of tips and hints are teamed with fully illustrated step-by-step instructions so you can tie decorative knots from across the world. Combine ornamental knots with beads for a modern look, or choose a more traditional style with entirely knot built pieces.
It shows you how to use jump rings and seal cords and will be invaluable as you progress to designing and creating your own knotted jewellery. Featuring:
- 75 different knots each knot is graded from beginner to advanced
- Comprehensive techniques section
- Practical know-how approach
- 10 projects
Jewellery artists will enjoy this collection of new, less-common weaves and challenging projects that inspire and educate.
Karen Karon begins by reviewing basic chain maille weaves in order to set the stage for the more complex weaves in this book. She explains techniques needed when working beyond the basics: methods for closing a weave, working with micro rings, working large scale and using alternative materials in weaves.
The book is then divided into four sections, each devoted to a particular type of weave: new Persian weaves, Elf-based weaves, Hybrid weaves and Scale Maille weaves that incorporate sheet metal scales into traditional weaves for a striking effect. Sprinkled throughout the illustrated step-by-step instructions for each weave technique are valuable tips from Karen to help ensure a beautiful finished piece.$46.99$19.99
Designed for general crafters, jewellery makers and Aimee Ray's legion of fans, these stunning pieces feature a range of techniques, from Aimee's popular embroidery on felt to tiny living terrariums in a necklace. She even includes the hot new trend of making and using molded cabochons!
Filled with inspiring and innovative ideas from 17 designers for 32 projects to make.$29.99
Turning memorabilia (ticket stubs, coins, shells) into amulets and talismans is rewarding and easy to do. Working with the most basic tools and cold-connection jewellery methods, you'll learn to:
- Make jump rings, use a file, other basics
- Create clasps
- Cut windows from metal sheets
- Add concrete to your art
- Use heat for patinas
- Write on faux bone
- Turn paper pulp into realistic rocks
- Create 'time capsule' beads from plexiglas
Mortira vanPelt brings ancient themes completely up to date for the modern beadweaver, combining the styles of genuine artefacts and the essence of ancient art with tiny seed beads.
- 30 craft projects combine new and traditional beadweaving techniques with popular ancient themes
- Inspired from the classical cultures of Rome, Greece and Egypt, which continue to capture the imagination of modern jewellery lovers everywhere
- Projects range in skill level from easy to advanced, appealing to the novice and experienced beader alike
The Art of Jewelry: Wood brings crafters an eye-opening assortment of wood necklaces, bangles and earrings to make – alongside a gallery of inspirational work from the best contemporary artists.
Filled with stepped-out examples of each project in different stages, it covers all the basics, including an exploration of sawing, sanding, drilling, carving, pyrography and painting. The 30 inspiring projects feature such standout pieces as a carved ebony ring, copper and wood brooches embellished with pyrographed patterns, and a rich mahogany pendant dotted with delicate pearls.
All the items are showcased in beautiful colour images, accompanied by the artists' professional insights and creative tips.$34.99$14.99
The art of soldering – permanently joining metal components with a torch and solder – is seen as a challenge by many crafters. But this book makes it an easy-to-learn technique for creating beautiful jewellery projects.
The book features clear instructions for jewellers of all levels, from the hobbyist to the experienced maker who is looking to expand their soldering skills. It includes pre- and post-soldering techniques, safety procedures, essential equipment and materials required, along with tips and tricks of the trade from leading jewellers.
Plus there are 15 inspiring step-by-step jewellery projects, including rings, necklaces, chains, earrings, bangles and more.
Look inside the book.$39.99
Jodi Bombardier fashions her signature heavy gauge wire frames into sinuous shapes, cold-joining them with fine wire to form open, lacy filigree patterns. In the 20+ projects, she focuses on technique, including:
- Correct ways to use tools, hold wire and create shaped wire frames consistently and precisely
- How to create airy pieces that are still strong and stable enough to withstand daily wear
- How scrolled designs can be manipulated, joined, or rearranged to create endless variations hampered only by the imagination
Create 23 cute and clever bugs and little crawly critters out of beads, wire and other craft materials. Each project is shown in step-by-step photos with clear instructions that anyone can follow. Variations of each project encourage you to imagine all kinds of ways to make the bugs unique. You'll learn to create:
- Hermit crabs
- Sea horses
- And more
The possibilities are endless. Get your imagination crawling with this fun-filled book!$27.99
Perfect for beaders of all skill levels who want to make their jewellery more personal. Includes step-by-step instructions for the 35 projects that cover a wide range of beading and jewellery techniques, including wire wrapping, peyote stitch, using memory wire, macrame and more!
Each project begins with a discussion on the inspiration for the piece, including a photo depicting that specific inspiration. Tips and tricks will show you how to design pieces based on your own life – a unique twist to most beading and jewellery making books.$24.99$12.99
Bead-Making Lab presents instructions for 52 bead designs that run the gamut from sophisticated to playful.
The tutorials are brief, accomplishable and rewarding. Choose from traditional materials like aper maché and polymer clay, or opt for new materials such as resins and shrink plastic. Once you've selected your medium, follow the lab instructions for the bead-making technique of your choice.
Try a new technique each week! With how-tos including moulding, carving, painting, gluing, drilling beach glass and pebbles, and creating fibre-art beads with felting and embroidery, you'll have a year of unique projects ahead of you. Includes ideas on how to turn your beads into jewellery.$29.99
Create beautiful bead-woven earrings, necklaces, bracelets and brooches – all of which transform by disassembling, reassembling, reversing or interchanging separate beadwork components.
- 16 bead-weaving projects
- Peyote, herringbone, right-angle weave, netting and other bead stitches
- Elements that transform from simple to complex by changing the beadwork, changing the colours or adding layered embellishments
- Ideas and inspiration for multiple variations
Chain mail expert Dylon Whyte presents his time-tested, time-saving techniques with 26 breathtaking projects, ranging from extremely simple to challenging.
- A thorough introduction, illustrated with computer-generated pictures, covers the basic techniques
- Then Whyte reveals his patented, perfected beading method: rather than using difficult wire wrapping, he threads the beads directly onto the rings before they’re fashioned into chain mail
- 30 exciting projects include a delicate Persian patterned anklet, (embellished with tiny silver bells), an amethyst opera-length necklace and silver earrings (shaped like inverted peacock feathers, edged with rings and turquoise beads)