Quilting, Patchwork & Applique
After the international success of her first two books, Willyne Hammerstein is back in this third volume of Millefiori with awealth of 18 new quilts.
In this work, she continues to explore the richness of the Passacaglia design in brilliant compositions that are skillfully coloured; her imagination has no bounds!$64.99
Discover 26 Dresden Plate designs that shine with intricate style.
You can sew each stunning Dresden on a sewing machine or by hand using English paper piecing – Katja Marek shows you how, every step of the way. Plus, Katja's done all the math work for you. Just trace, cut and stitch for piecing that's a perfect fit!
Show off all your colourful Dresdens in six inspiring projects: a table runner, Christmas tree skirt, lap quilt, wall quilt, pillows and place mats.$39.99
Achieve Bargello's glorious complexity through straightforward techniques.
Bargello master Ruth Ann Berry shares 16 all-new projects, from bed quilts to smaller ones. Weaving in more design elements and colorways, you'll be able to work 20 or even 40 fabrics into a single quilt! Track your progress with a design chart and learn expert tips for fabric cutting and strip piecing for quilts that dance as if they're set to music.
- Take the next steps in Bargello with 16 bed quilts, wallhangings and lap quilt projects
- Showcase dozens of favourite fabrics in a single quilt – a wonderful outlet for your fabric obsession!
- Grow your confidence with a best-selling author's simple construction methods for advanced designs
Betsy Chutchian presents 21 everyday quilts in the colours of the seasons she experiences in her Texas home. She uses a range of small quilts, lap quilts and larger quilts for the bed to bring warmth to her varied collections of baskets, dishes, bowls, folk art and more.
The book features the fine colour photography showing how the author has used the quilts to decorate her home and of course there are full instructions and excellent line drawings to support creation of each project.
From Quiltmania with text in English and French.$64.99
Judy Newman presents her quilting story with advice on choosing colours, fabrics and her favourite products.
The 18 projects, both large and small, feature detailed diagrams and templates. The photography and overall design of the book are stunning as one expects from this publisher. From Quiltmania with text in both English and French.$64.99
Explore new options in improvisational piecing and empower your creativity! Cut and combine solid-colour fabrics to create your own "prints" – stripes, polka dots, chevrons, plaids and more.
Forget the rules (and even your ruler) as you piece colourful solids into compelling quilt designs. Use colour, pattern and repetition to develop your personal design aesthetic as you stitch freely to create unique quilts that pack a punch!
- Piece new prints and patterns out of solid fabrics and use them to create original, dynamic quilt designs
- Empower your creativity – work freely without preconceived ideas
- Join author Maria Shell in a step-by-step journey of artistic discovery with this fascinating visual guide
Find charming projects in this all-new collection of fat-quarter-friendly designs.
Take those fun little chunks of fabric in fantastic new directions, trying fresh spins on classic quilt blocks, such as Jacob's Ladder, Churn Dash and Pinwheel. Or, take a page from nature's design book and turn fat quarters into fabric flower gardens or sparkling stars!
Dive into a variety of fun techniques, including traditional piecing and fusible appliqué. With today's popular designers leading the way, it's easier than ever to have fun with fat quarters!$34.99
After the international success of her first book, Brigitte Giblin offers us this second volume in which her quilts, inspired by past beauties, are revisited with a colour palette that is as fresh and vibrant as a bouquet of flowers.
From Quiltmania with text in both English and French and the book offers 12 patterns with detailed instructions.$64.99
Finders Keepers Quilts is based on a collection of quilts found in an abandoned farmhouse.
- Original quilts, discovered and photographed in century-old Iowa farmhouse
- Includes 3 versions of each quilt – historical, reproduction and modern
- Clear, concise instructions for making the projects
With a refreshingly new approach to free-motion stitching, First Steps to Free-Motion Quilting encourages you to make something beautiful while improving your free-motion quilting skills.
You'll find projects and quilts that are light on assembly so you can spend most of your time stitching. A handy troubleshooting guide ensures success every step of the way.
- Practice free-motion quilting with 24 easy-to-achieve projects
- Make simple quilts, embellish kitchen towels and clothes, personalize a messenger bag and so much more
- All projects are freehand and require no marking
Get the basics of Tangle drawing and learn how this artform can be used to create this popular art on fabric.
The basics of tangle drawing are taught step-by-step, followed by several tangle designs. Instructions are given for transferring designs to fabric and stitching them either by machine or by hand.
Four small-scale projects, including a uniquely shaped pin cushion, hand-stitched journal cover and mini quilts, give you an opportunity to try out tangle stitching, making useful items for yourself or to give as gifts.$21.99
Say goodbye to tedious hand stitching and scruffy raw-edge appliqué with the incredible Flip & Fuse method! Sew 12 complex-looking quilts with precision, sharp lines and easy curves. You’ll appreciate these bold, geometric designs as a sophisticated alternative to old-school silhouettes.
Even if you’ve been unsuccessful with other appliqué methods, you’ll love how easy it is to Flip & Fuse!
- Transform the way you appliqué with the revolutionary Flip & Fuse method
- A simple and accurate method with easy-to-use patterns designed for speed and economy
- Foolproof way to make complex-looking quilts with patterns in multiple sizes
Craving more gorgeous appliqué from award-winning author Deborah Kemball?
This pattern pack includes complete instructions and full-size pattern sheets for a floral quilt (52 × 52 inches / 132 x 132 cm) in two colourways, plus instructions to turn any of the 9 blocks into a sophisticated pillow. Stitch the 24 motifs using needleturn appliqué, then embellish with embroidery stitches. Simpler than they appear, these detailed projects are a joy to create.
- Exuberant mix of floral motifs in the author’s signature style
- Basics section covers hand appliqué with freezer paper or plastic templates
- Two projects for the price of one! Blocks, pillows and borders, too
From begonias to lilies, tulips and marigolds, readers will discover how easy it is create colourful, dimensional flowers using machine quilting, patchwork and appliqué.
Detailed step-by-step artworks and gorgeous photography beautifully illustrate Pauline's innovative techniques, which are accompanied by full-size templates for 21 gorgeous 3D flowers.
Variations for each flower show how you can adapt the colours and designs to create your own unique versions. Includes examples of stunning quilt blocks incorporating the flower designs.$44.99$39.99
Flossie Teacakes' Guide to English Paper Piecing draws together many disparate strands, offering up a deeper exploration of this precision patchwork craft, providing everything quilters need to know on a practical level to begin navigating fussy cutting and English paper-piecing.
This most comprehensive guide features:
- Patterns for original rosettes on which to learn the practicalities of English paper-piecing
- Step-by-step instructions covering everything from templates, paper choice, magic mirrors, how to mock up layouts, glue/thread basting and more
- Finished examples that demonstrate the fussy cut and rosette piecing techniques
When the Apollo astronauts went to the moon, the whole world watched. When the Fly Me to the Moon art quilt challenge went out, it went global.
This book showcases the curated results of that call for entries: 179 art quilts by over 130 artists from 8 countries, expressing their interpretation of the space program and all things lunar. Walk down memory lane or discover the story of the missions for the first, but most importantly, enjoy a trip to the moon and beyond without the time and rigors of space training. As you travel into space, meet the astronauts, hum the tunes, and listen to the artists tell you about their pieces.
Find endless inspiration and discover what the moon is really made of: cotton, thread, crystals, paint, ink, tulle and crocheted lace.$59.99
Australian author Irene Blanck is absolutely passionate about appliqué.
Whether it be reinterpretations of vintage motifs, entirely reimagined by means of a fresh fabric palette, or classic creations, this book contains 16 appliqué marvels at once elegant and radiant – Mosaics, Blooming Springtime, Tribute to Lucy Kemper, Eva Grace, Spring Promise, Floral Hopscotch, Tulipa, Confetti, Chocolate Mint Sunday, Miz Kelly just to name some of them. Plus there are full pullout patterns with instructions, tips and tricks.
From Quiltmania with text in both English and French.$64.99
Nothing shows off beautiful stitching and embellishments like the blank canvas of a crazy quilt. Jenny Clouston's gorgeously illustrated primer shows you how to make your own heirloom crazy quilts.
The book covers which fabrics, threads and needles to use; how to piece crazy quilt blocks; how to embroider with thread, ribbons, beads and other embellishments; how to assemble your blocks into a finished quilt; and more. Features include:
- Complete instructions for over 100 embroidery, beading and embellishment stitches
- Full-size patterns for 9 hexagonal crazy quilt blocks
- 25 stitch keys showing proper stitch placement and thread and needle selection for 25 different blocks
In a follow-up to best-selling Foolproof Crazy Quilting, Jennifer Clouston shares 10 small, useful items from a tablet purse and summer slippers to a tea cosy, each with full-size patterns. Expertly mix cotton, wool, linen and silk for eclectic fabric pairings that complement each project.
Beginning and experienced crazy quilters will love the dictionary of 60 embroidery and beading stitches, foundation piecing primer, plus stitch maps for all seam treatments and embellishments.$39.99
Mary Mashuta teaches you how to quilt attractive lines, curves and geometric shapes with a walking foot.
This visual guide provides an inspirational gallery of 30 finished quilts and is enhanced by detailed photos of successfully quilted blocks, centre panels, sashing, borders and corners.
- Includes clock icons for each design to indicate the skill level and time required to accomplish
- Custom designs to fit every block, border and corner – with no marking and no maths
- Ideas for using commercial quilting templates, paper cuttings and traditional sashiko-style designs
- Decorative stitches, hand quilting and embellishments are used to enhance piecing
Want inspiration for your free-motion quilting? Now you have the perfect tool! This spiral-bound book is full of designs – JUST designs – and will lay flat on your work surface to keep your hands on the quilt and that needle moving!
This visual guide is filled with over 75 diverse block designs from your favourite designers to get you stitching.
- Perfect for domestic and longarm machines
- Full-page spreads with innovative block designs
- Lays flat for easy reference while quilting
Want inspiration for your free-motion quilting? Now you have the perfect tool!
This spiral-bound book is full of designs – just designs – all will lie flat on your work surface or your quilt to keep your hands on the quilt and that needle moving! This visual guide is filled with more than 125 continuous-line designs for your borders, setting triangles, and cornerstones – all from your favourite designers – to get you stitching.$19.99
Turn the corner to free-motion success with a meandering makeover! Best-selling author Angela Walters shows you that free-motion quilting doesn't have to be scary – with a couple designs in your pocket, you can finish almost any quilt on your home machine and enjoy the process.
Practice 8 meandering stitches for beginners, plus creative variations on each, with step-by-step visuals and quilted samples. Start your free-motion journey on the right foot with proven techniques to help you disguise mistakes and transition between designs with ease.
- Thrive at free-motion quilting with popular teacher and best-selling author Angela Walters
- Just starting out? Angela includes the basics of quilting and supplies
- Troubleshoot mistakes, master the meander and practice fluid movement between quilt stitches
Want inspiration for your free-motion quilting? Now you have the perfect tool!
This spiral-bound book is full of designs – just designs – and will lay flat on your work surface or your quilt to keep your hands on the quilt and that needle moving! This visual guide is filled with over 75 continuous-line designs from your favourite designers to get you stitching.
- Perfect for domestic and long-arm machines
- Full-page spreads with innovative continuous-line designs
- Lays flat for easy reference while quilting
Using wholecloth quilts, Jen Eskridge provides 10 elaborate linear quilting designs as a framework for building free-motion quilting designs. Eight process chapters detail everything from planning and designing to marking and materials, making this the perfect book for anyone hoping to improve their machine-quilting skills – no matter their skill level! Plus, a huge gallery of 40 quilts from 17 contributing quilters, with each linear design interpreted 4 ways, provides oodles of inspiration.
- Easy-to-follow techniques and stunning projects build your free-motion quilting skills and your confidence
- Each design includes a handy Quilting Goals Worksheet to guide you from goal-setting to marking elaborate designs to quilting
- Make the designs your own! Includes tips for resizing designs and applying them to traditional quilt blocks
Discover how to machine quilt creative designs the easy way. More than 60 striking quilting motifs are at your fingertips in this comprehensive visual guide to free-motion machine quilting. Lori Kennedy takes you through each step of the process with easy-to-understand instructions and a multitude of clear, close-up photos so you won't miss a stitch.
- Learn to quilt dozens of unique and clever motifs, including flowers, animals, zigzags, swirls and twirls, and much more
- Give your next project that irresistible pop of texture you've been looking for – many of these designs aren't found in other quilting books
- Convenient lay-flat spiral binding makes the instructions easy to follow while you quilt