Quilting, Patchwork & Applique
Turn the corner to free-motion success with a meandering makeover! Best-selling author Angela Walters shows you that free-motion quilting doesn't have to be scary – with a couple designs in your pocket, you can finish almost any quilt on your home machine and enjoy the process.
Practice 8 meandering stitches for beginners, plus creative variations on each, with step-by-step visuals and quilted samples. Start your free-motion journey on the right foot with proven techniques to help you disguise mistakes and transition between designs with ease.
- Thrive at free-motion quilting with popular teacher and best-selling author Angela Walters
- Just starting out? Angela includes the basics of quilting and supplies
- Troubleshoot mistakes, master the meander and practice fluid movement between quilt stitches
Di Ford is back and this time around, she is here to tell you the story of fabrics! Learn how Di chooses and uses fabrics in order to embellish her quilts. Enhance the character and grandeur of your quilts with the help of Di’s 14 new and magnificent quilts!
Fussy cutting, appliqué, English paper piecing and broderie perse (Persian embroidery), all of Di’s favourite techniques, are also explained in a handy technical chapter.
From Quiltmania, with text in both English and French.$69.99
Dawn Heese offers a soothing return to the past through 17 charming folk art-style quilts and small projects. A gentle and warm ambiance and easy appliqué; one imagines oneself in a country home, a bunch of wildflowers on the table and a welcoming chair where it’s good to settle in and quilt.
From Quiltmania with text in both English and French.$67.99
After the international success of her first two books, Willyne Hammerstein is back in this third volume of Millefiori with awealth of 18 new quilts.
In this work, she continues to explore the richness of the Passacaglia design in brilliant compositions that are skillfully coloured; her imagination has no bounds!$64.99
Step up your piecing with a small-scale version of the cherished Dresden Plate. Fall in love with the classic quilt block all over again as you learn the secret to impeccable mini Dresdens in two sizes – 4½" and 9" finished.
Polish your piecing, pressing and appliqué with proven techniques and apply those skills to 13 projects from bed-size beauties to wallhangings and table toppers. A mix of easy and intermediate quilts includes a quilt-as-you-go project, tranquil yet engaging colour palettes and not-quite-traditional layouts with their own unique flair.
- Stitch tiny Dresden Plates with perfect points and petals
- Sew 13 unique quilt projects ranging from a table runner to a bed quilt
- Learn precision piecing and pressing tips anyone can use, plus blind-hem appliqué and practical quilt-as-you-go
Sew a slice of life with 12 traditional quilts that prove to be more than just patterns but storytellers.
- Each quilt is inspired by life events that everyone can appreciate
- Bold blocks shimmer in their use of colour, value and repetition for handsome quilts with personality to boot
- Repeated blocks will stretch your skills beyond the basics, inviting you to perfect techniques such as strip piecing, half-square triangles, working with templates, paper piecing, machine appliqué and sewing set-in seams and curves in a way that's easy to understand
It's the iconic Log Cabin design, reimagined by today's top designers! This beloved celebration of home and hearth is always in style. Scrappy, traditional, or modern – you'll find a Log Cabin quilt with timeless appeal to suit every taste.
- Featuring 16 versatile and eye-catching Log Cabin designs, in sizes ranging from lap size to bed size
- Stock up on fat quarters and precut strips, or raid your stash – these designs are tailor-made for showcasing solids, brights, florals, tone on tones and more
- Put your own spin on tradition with fresh colour schemes and bold geometric themes created by your favourite designers
The timeless Nine Patch block has been reimagined by today's top designers. Discover what you can do with a classic block – this perennial favourite is more versatile than you've ever imagined! Scrappy, traditional or modern, you'll find a Nine Patch design that's perfect for your next project.
- Whether you love working with fat quarters, precut strips, or fabric from your stash, you'll find designs that are ideal showcases for your favourite solids, brights, florals, reproduction prints and more
- Featuring basic to intricate Nine Patch designs, in sizes ranging from lap sized to bed sized
- Put your own spin on tradition with fresh Nine Patch patterns created by favourite designers, including Lynne Hagmeier, Carrie Nelson, Sherri Falls, Kimberly Jolly and many more
From an array of stellar designers come 16 sparkling projects featuring quilters' favourite Star blocks.
Clear instructions and diverse designs, ranging from modern and bright to traditional and scrappy, make this the perfect introduction to quilting with Star blocks for beginners and experienced stitchers alike.$39.99
Els Feteris is a very popular quilt designer in The Netherlands. This book includes 20 projects to decorate your house throughout the seasons. Her small quilts and easy accessories will add a little touch of country style to your home.
Features detailed illustrations, step-by-step instructions, full size pull out templates and beautiful colour photos of the finished projects. From Quiltmania with text in both French and English.$64.99$19.99
Achieve Bargello's glorious complexity through straightforward techniques.
Bargello master Ruth Ann Berry shares 16 all-new projects, from bed quilts to smaller ones. Weaving in more design elements and colorways, you'll be able to work 20 or even 40 fabrics into a single quilt! Track your progress with a design chart and learn expert tips for fabric cutting and strip piecing for quilts that dance as if they're set to music.
- Take the next steps in Bargello with 16 bed quilts, wallhangings and lap quilt projects
- Showcase dozens of favourite fabrics in a single quilt – a wonderful outlet for your fabric obsession!
- Grow your confidence with a best-selling author's simple construction methods for advanced designs
Learn about 20th-century art while creating your own modern design quilt! Kathreen Ricketson presents 12 quilts inspired by 20th-century art movements from Art Nouveau and Bauhaus to pop and punk.
To set the context, each project begins with an engaging overview of its historical period. The author then expertly guides you through the process of creating and personalizing your own innovative quilt using four aesthetic elements: line, colour, motif and text. Each of these chapters contains three projects and is generously outlined with illustrations and two alternate design options.
Includes expert information on colour, fabric selection, inspiration and mood boards. A comprehensive appendix and in-depth information on tools and finishing techniques round out this inspiring book.$29.99
Capture the beauty of nature by bringing a host of three-dimensional butterflies fluttering to life in these beautiful quilts and other projects. Whether you make them scrappy or carefully select fabrics to match your décor, the results will be delightful.
Mixed with tips and menus to attract real butterflies to your yard, this book is a butterfly journey to savor.$39.99
With so many great fabric collections available, it's easy to build up an irresistable collection of fat quarter fabric bundles in no time. Sure those bundles look beautiful all neatly folded and tied up with a bow, but wouldn't they look better pieced in a fresh modern quilt instead?
Australian designer Emma Jean Jansen will inspire you to grab that bundle and start cutting into it with 12 patterns created just to feature these delicious precuts. From simple patchwork piecing, to curves, to foundation piecing, there is something for every quilter in this book.
So go ahead, buy that bundle knowing that you have just the pattern to create a treasurered quilt from the latest fabrics.$39.99
Natalia Bonner and Kathleen Whiting put an imaginative new twist on the classic log cabin block with bold colours and dramatic lines.
Packed with possibilities, this collection offers 20 quilts each in three sizes, with a bonus chapter on throw pillows and shams. Quick-sew techniques (no curves here!) make it easy to stitch big quilts.
Whether you’ve been quilting for months, years or decades, these fresh layouts with straightforward construction are sure to inspire!$34.99$24.99
Popular designers Kay Connors and Karen Earlywine present 10 fresh quilts that take their cues from 1930s classics. Inspired by antique quilts and patterns discovered in old newspapers, these projects are brimming with old-fashioned charm.
- See the original 1930s designs that sparked this collection of patterns written for today's techniques
- Be inspired to try everything from patchwork to appliqué, embroidery, making yo-yos, using rickrack and quilting by hand
- Use full-sized appliqué patterns – no enlargements needed – and find projects for all skill levels
Carol Doak is back with something new and exciting for paper piecers! Learn how the same rectangular unit can work in dramatically different ways in the blocks and borders of your quilt.
If you haven't tried paper-piecing yet, this book is for you, too. You'll discover how quickly and easily your quilt comes together with Carol's foundation piecing technique. She provides tips for tools and fabrics, plus plenty of inspiration.
- See how just one rectangle unit works beautifully in both blocks and borders with full-size paper-piecing patterns
- Try Carol's inspiring quilt projects to learn how to work with unit placement, how to paper-piece and how to choose your fabrics
- Get creative with your own unit combinations – patterns on the CD give you flexibility to change the size of your quilt, or design your own pattern
Vanessa Goertzen puts charm squares to the test with 18 projects using precut 5" x 5" squares. Start with fresh, simple blocks and build your skills to sew versatile snowballs, stars, flying geese and more. Using precuts from your stash or cutting your own charms from scraps or yardage, you’ll learn tips to take the guesswork out of piecing.
Quilters of all types will fall in love with these quick, clever and clean designs that go beyond the expected with irresistible blocks that bridge the gap between modern and traditional.$39.99
Emily Fisher is eager to meet the new employee at her father’s shop in Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania. But when Christopher Hostettler arrives, his cold demeanor freezes her attempts at building a friendship.
Longing for a fresh start, Christopher travels from Ohio to Bird-in-Hand. Christopher’s heart is still wounded from memories of home, and making new friends is the last thing on his mind – he knows the pain that comes with losing those you love. When Emily is kind to him, he tries to remain distant, but he soon finds himself stealing glances at her throughout the day.
When Christopher shares his tragic reasons for leaving home, Emily decides to make a quilt for him as a gesture of their friendship. The two are quickly falling in love when a family emergency calls Christopher back to Ohio without warning.
Emily finishes the quilt, in spite of her pain. But when Christopher receives it, will he have the courage to follow his heart?$24.99
Those magnificent block printed fabrics from Indonesia inspired European ladies for their needle work projects and quilts. This book tells you everything you need to know about the history of chintz, and it features stunning photos of the most beautiful quilts from the Poos collection, one of the largest privately held quilt and textile collections in the world.
What a treasure from Quiltmania with text in both English and French!$90.00
Gail Pan's whimsical, cheerful embroidery style is incredibly easy to re-create, whether you're an experienced stitcher or have never picked up a needle. Think you're too busy to make gifts for the holidays? Finishing is easy with projects that are so portable and quick you can stitch while travelling, socializing, or even as you wait for an appointment.
- Gail explains it all: which needles to use, how to choose thread, how to mark the designs on fabric, how to make each stitch and more
- Featuring festive designs to bedeck gift tags, bags, wall hangings, Christmas stockings, table runners, sewing accessories and much more
- Enjoy a satisfying and relaxing way to decorate your home for the holidays – or create one-of-a-kind gifts from the heart
Bea Oglesby is back with classic appliqué designs with a new twist – the flowers she loves stitched in vivid contemporary fabrics. All are worked in round shapes. Her inspiration was coats of arms from the days of our founding fathers, influenced by their European ancestors.
Inside you'll find 30 full-size designs in 8 inch circles. Instructions are included to make a spectacular quilt containing all 30 designs. There's advice from Bea about choosing colors, appliqué tips and more. Also included is a gallery of even more ideas, including enlarging the designs to make pillows and wallhangings.$34.99
Step back in time with 15 favourite patchwork-quilt patterns. Each pattern design features classic blocks evocative of the era, beautifully showcasing today's reproduction quilt fabrics.
- Wonderfully scrappy, small quilt patterns in sizes perfect for wall hangings and doll quilts
- Simple, step-by-step instructions with clear diagrams and pressing directions
- Value-packed collection with something for every skill level
In this follow-up to her best-selling Civil War Legacies, Carol Hopkins presents another outstanding collection of charming projects. Each engaging quilt is ideal for scraps and 1860s reproduction fabrics.
- Choose from 17 traditional patterns with something for every skill level
- Be inspired by Carol's "To Add Interest" tips regarding fabric selection
- Create quilts with timeless appeal – these small patterns make beautiful wall hangings, doll quilts and gifts
Featuring simple pieced blocks, these gorgeous quilts showcase Carol Hopkins' talent for selecting reproduction fabrics to create quilts reminiscent of antique treasures.
- Choose from 16 quilt patterns ideally suited for your smallest scraps
- Close-up photos bring the details into crystal-clear focus
- Enjoy patterns that are perfect for wall hangings, table toppers, doll beds and special gifts
In this fourth book from her Civil War Legacies series, you'll find a collection of small, spectacular quilts where every scrap you save can shine.
Make a quilt honoring the Blue and Gray Trail; choose a stunning tribute to the woman who established the American Red Cross; stitch a sampler chock-full of charming Basket blocks. Along with 14 of Carol 's exquisite designs to make step by step, you'll enjoy reading little-known facts about the Civil War and Carol's stories about how each stunning little quilt came to be.$39.99