Quilting, Patchwork & Applique
After the international success of her first two books, Willyne Hammerstein is back in this third volume of Millefiori with awealth of 18 new quilts.
In this work, she continues to explore the richness of the Passacaglia design in brilliant compositions that are skillfully coloured; her imagination has no bounds!$64.99
Achieve Bargello's glorious complexity through straightforward techniques.
Bargello master Ruth Ann Berry shares 16 all-new projects, from bed quilts to smaller ones. Weaving in more design elements and colorways, you'll be able to work 20 or even 40 fabrics into a single quilt! Track your progress with a design chart and learn expert tips for fabric cutting and strip piecing for quilts that dance as if they're set to music.
- Take the next steps in Bargello with 16 bed quilts, wallhangings and lap quilt projects
- Showcase dozens of favourite fabrics in a single quilt – a wonderful outlet for your fabric obsession!
- Grow your confidence with a best-selling author's simple construction methods for advanced designs
Get comfortable with basic piecing and machine quilting – one block at a time!
Jera Brandvig is back, this time with a romantic take on her quilt-as-you-go designs. Try your hand at 9 projects, including an elegant sampler with 51 mix-and-match blocks. For quilt as-you-go enthusiasts, Jera shares 3 optional joining methods, including her new technique that makes your quilt reversible! No matter how busy your schedule, you can set attainable goals and practice quilting patchwork blocks in small, manageable pieces.
- Timeless, classic quilts for busy folks – easily finish quilts on your home machine with quilt-as-you-go
- Learn a new way to quilt-as-you-go that decorates the back of your quilt in pretty patchwork squares
- Mix and match 51 blocks to assemble a one-of-a-kind quilt
Explore new options in improvisational piecing and empower your creativity! Cut and combine solid-colour fabrics to create your own "prints" – stripes, polka dots, chevrons, plaids and more.
Forget the rules (and even your ruler) as you piece colourful solids into compelling quilt designs. Use colour, pattern and repetition to develop your personal design aesthetic as you stitch freely to create unique quilts that pack a punch!
- Piece new prints and patterns out of solid fabrics and use them to create original, dynamic quilt designs
- Empower your creativity – work freely without preconceived ideas
- Join author Maria Shell in a step-by-step journey of artistic discovery with this fascinating visual guide
Flossie Teacakes' Guide to English Paper Piecing draws together many disparate strands, offering up a deeper exploration of this precision patchwork craft, providing everything quilters need to know on a practical level to begin navigating fussy cutting and English paper-piecing.
This most comprehensive guide features:
- Patterns for original rosettes on which to learn the practicalities of English paper-piecing
- Step-by-step instructions covering everything from templates, paper choice, magic mirrors, how to mock up layouts, glue/thread basting and more
- Finished examples that demonstrate the fussy cut and rosette piecing techniques
Shizuko Kuroha is a Japanese authority who has dedicated the last 30 years to the research, study and transformation into quilts of antique Japanese fabrics, both precious and commonplace.
Shizuko’s passion for quilting, and particularly for Japanese indigo and sarasa fabrics, motivated her to open her own school in Japan. An inspiration to students around the world, Shizuko’s secret lies in her diversity, perseverance and perpetual quest for improving her techniques. Shizuko is an undeniably renowned artist and quilt story-teller.
Inside, 17 projects of varying difficulty await – luscious quilts, mini-quilt panels and ornate bags are presented in an authentic Japanese setting, taking you on an aesthetic journey like no other.
From Quiltmania with text in English and French. Includes full size pattern pull-outs.$69.99
Here's Bargello like you've never seen it before: stunning quilts full of free-form twists, turns and 3-D effects that look like op art paintings. The biggest surprise is how simple these quilts are to make!
Designer Ruth Ann Berry shows you how to use easy, straight-line strip piecing to create the illusion of curves in motion. The book contains 8 projects with complete instructions, plus directions on how to create your own designs.
Slice up your stash – novelty fabrics and even ugly fabrics look good when cut up for Bargello piecing. Large-scale quilts look spectacular on a bed or on the wall.$29.99
Step into a breathtaking world of colourful quilt designs!
International award-winning quilter Jacqueline de Jonge showcases 45 of her most striking designs. Full-page glossy photographs of each quilt are accompanied by additional detail images for close-up enjoyment of these beautiful quilts.
Included are selections from the Hoffman Challenge, her Rainbow Collection, Purple Collection, Rose Collection, and Traditional Collection.$59.99
Whether you like to make traditional or art quilts, this book will help you take your fabric embellishing to a whole new level.
Use beads and simple stitches to create magnificent texture, dimension and lifelike details on any quilt. Award-winning quilter Thom Atkins, teaches you everything you need to know about the best supplies and techniques to get breathtaking results, plus there's a bonus tutorial on how to create a beaded bezel.
Dozens of show-stopping images throughout the book illustrate the unlimited possibilities for designing your own spectacular beaded quilt.$39.99
Includes more than 50 quilting designs to create modern quilts with classic style! And Natalia's instructions are illustrated with detailed photos that make it much easier to get beautiful results on your home sewing machine.
Tips for choosing batting and thread, layering and basting, starting and stopping, and prepping your machine are included. After you've practiced, show off your new free-motion skills with six delightfully geometric quilt projects.
- Clear step-by-step photography takes the mystery out of free-motion quilting
- Learn how to quilt all-over, as background filler, on borders and on individual blocks
- Loops and swirls, feathers and flames, flowers and vines, pebbles and more!
Mixed Media goes graphic, minimal and sophisticated. Go beyond commercially available fabrics and get your hands dirty! With Krista's interactive project-based sewing workshops readers will stitch up 19 designer projects while experimenting with ways to stamp, print, paint, dye, and embellish fabrics to use for unique projects to gift and keep.
Beyond Cotton will take modern makers beyond the world of commercially available fabrics by encouraging readers to work with different, but readily available materials like leather, rivets, and industrial-grade felt.
- Create a Leather Cuff in three ways: stitched, carved or stamped.
- Learn to create design repeats.
- Set up a home printing table and experiment with dyeing fabrics.
Krista encourages beginners and more experienced alike to break out of using only someone else's fabrics and to take ownership of the look of their work from start to finish. This book is packed with skill-building techniques, new and fun ways to create your own fabric based on projects you will want to use every day and lots of inspiration!$39.99
In The Bible Sampler Quilt, Laurie Aaron Hird pairs scripture with beautifully pieced blocks representing significant people, themes and events from The Bible. Inside the book and accompanying CD, you'll find everything you need to complete each project, including:
- Detailed designs for 96 blocks with Bible verses in Chronological order
- Diagrams and PDF templates for each block
- Complete instructions for creating a sampler quilt in sizes ranging from lap to king
With this collection of delightful baby-quilt designs by top-selling authors, you'll always have the perfect baby gift. Designers include Amy Ellis, Evelyn Sloppy, Jenny Wilding Cardon, Joan Hanson, Karin Renaud, Karla Alexander, Mary Hickey, Nancy J. Martin, Nancy Mahoney, Retta Warehime, Sara Diepersloot, Sarah Bisel, Susan Dissmore, Teri Christopherson and Ursula Reikes.
- Get outstanding value with an abundance of adorable quilts for Baby – 87 in all
- Play with fun designs ranging from traditional to modern, ideal for baby showers, birthdays, holidays and more
- Discover quilts for every skill level; while most projects are patchwork, some also include charming appliqué
Explore the patchwork style and scrappy flair of 58 history-rich quilts inspired by patterns and fabrics from the 1800s.
Showcase the traditional colour combinations of reproduction fabrics and popular Civil War-era blocks that quilters love in patterns for mini-quilts, lap quilts and large bed-size projects. Use your favourite reproduction fabrics – including scraps and precuts – in quilts ranging from simple to intricate, all created by expert designers.$39.99
Your stash of fat quarters is ready to shine! Stitch your way through this carefully curated collection of fat-quarter quilts, ranging from wall hangings to large bed-sized projects.
Whether you want to whip up a quick-and-easy gift or you're in the mood for more of a challenge, you'll find dozens of dazzling patterns in a range of styles including traditional, scrappy, modern and more, all by today's top quilt designers.
Find stash-busting success with projects for beginning through advanced quilters.$39.99
Here in one value-packed volume, find stunning designs from Nickel Quilts and More Nickel Quilts by best-selling authors Pat Speth and Charlene Thode. Simplify the cutting process and showcase 5" squares – or scraps from your stash – in timeless quilts.
- Find instructions for each quilt in three different sizes – lap, twin, and queen – for triple the options
- Get directions for using 4" and 6" squares as well
- Achieve a scrappy look or customize quilts to your fabric collection; patterns feature batiks, reproduction fabrics and more
It's so easy to create quilts that repeat a single block – make just one and you'll have the confidence to fly through the rest of your quilt!
Choose from a whopping 57 quilts to piece one block at a time, or make blocks in multiples with quick chain-piecing methods. Star designers including Kim Diehl, Country Threads' Mary Etherington and Connie Tesene, Pat Sloan, Carrie Nelson and Jo Morton will help you along the way.
Pair your repeated blocks with plain squares, rotate blocks for a playful spin or simply line them up row by row. From fun make-in-a-weekend designs to stunning quilts to cherish and pass on, you'll find the perfect block to repeat in this colossal compilation of quilt patterns!$39.99
Put your fabric bits and pieces to spectacular use with this well-curated collection of quilts. Cut from your stash or play with precut strips and squares, fat quarters and fat eighths as you enjoy a tremendous variety of patterns from well-known designers.
- 77 delightful projects – including Civil War, 1930s, modern, traditional and country designs
- Selected patterns by Kim Brackett, Lynn Roddy Brown, Kay Connors and Karen Earlywine, Kim Diehl, Amy Ellis, Mary Etherington and Connie Tesene of Country Threads, Joanna Figueroa and many more
- Quilts range in size from 28" x 36" to 99" square and feature everything from simple patchwork to cotton and wool appliqué to strip piecing
Cut strips from your stash or gather your favourite precuts to make fabulous strip quilts that shine! Each pattern will inspire you with its remarkably versatile look and scrappy style, easily achieved with simple strips.
- 60 stunning strip quilts at a great value ? just pennies per pattern
- Choose from sizes ranging from wall hangings and baby quilts to bed-sized quilts, all by top designers
- Includes projects for beginners and experienced quilters in a variety of attractive patchwork styles
Long and skinny or short and wide, modern and minimal or traditional and scrappy, the 56 toppers in this book fit any table. This collection features patterns by today's favourite designers.
- Styled photography offers a colourful preview of how the quick-to-stitch projects look on tabletops and shows creative ways to include the designs in your home decor
- Seasonal and holiday-themed projects are ideal for gift giving and year-round stitching
- Double the variety with two comprehensive sections: traditional, long table runners and diversely shaped table toppers
This book is a block library that will be your go-to source for reference, inspiration and instruction. In one volume, you will find 201 classic blocks that you can use to hone your sewing skills, in block exchanges or to create wonderful block sampler quilts.
In this impressive collection, the author organizes the blocks in groups of 2 × 2, 3 × 3, 4 × 4, and 6 × 6 grids with instructions and math provided for 6-, 9- and 12-inch blocks.
With the exception of a few that were designed by the author, the block designs are all nearly 100 years old. Some designs are still sewn to this day, but many deserve new recognition and use by today's quilters.$39.99
This inspiring book chronicles a year-long 'virtual' quilting bee. The 12 chapters, one for each month, showcase the designs of today's leading modern quilters along with easy-to-follow guidelines so you can reinvent their work in your own signature style.
Best of all you'll have everything you need to start your own online quilting bee and enjoy collaborating with other fabric lovers around the world. The fundamental techniques are included, from fabric selection to quilt tops to binding.
- Confetti Block
- Specks of Hex
- Modern Dresden Plate
- Wonky Triangle Block and more
Introducing the classic Churn Dash block – like you've never seen it before! Whether you love scrappy, traditional or modern blocks, you'll find a colourful Churn Dash that's perfect for your next quilt project.
- Featuring basic to intricate Churn Dash designs, in quilts ranging from lap sized to bed sized
- Put your own spin on tradition with fresh Churn Dash patterns created by today's top quilt designers
- Showcase your favourite fabric in quilts tailor-made for solids, brights, florals and more
Make house blocks that feel right at home in quilts that fit your personal style! Go modern, delve into traditional styles and play with color variations.
Top-notch designers – including Carrie Nelson, Kimberly Jolly, Jeni Gaston, Jackie White, Corey Yoder and Natalie Barnes – have come together to present 14 all-new designs that display the variety and versatility of house blocks. You'll never get enough of these easy-to-customize classics that are perfect for your favourite fabrics.$34.99
It's the iconic Log Cabin design, reimagined by today's top designers! This beloved celebration of home and hearth is always in style. Scrappy, traditional, or modern – you'll find a Log Cabin quilt with timeless appeal to suit every taste.
- Featuring 16 versatile and eye-catching Log Cabin designs, in sizes ranging from lap size to bed size
- Stock up on fat quarters and precut strips, or raid your stash – these designs are tailor-made for showcasing solids, brights, florals, tone on tones and more
- Put your own spin on tradition with fresh colour schemes and bold geometric themes created by your favourite designers
The timeless Nine Patch block has been reimagined by today's top designers. Discover what you can do with a classic block – this perennial favourite is more versatile than you've ever imagined! Scrappy, traditional or modern, you'll find a Nine Patch design that's perfect for your next project.
- Whether you love working with fat quarters, precut strips, or fabric from your stash, you'll find designs that are ideal showcases for your favourite solids, brights, florals, reproduction prints and more
- Featuring basic to intricate Nine Patch designs, in sizes ranging from lap sized to bed sized
- Put your own spin on tradition with fresh Nine Patch patterns created by favourite designers, including Lynne Hagmeier, Carrie Nelson, Sherri Falls, Kimberly Jolly and many more