Quilting, Patchwork & Applique
Popular quilt artist Erica Kaprow presents her whimsical designs in brilliant jewel colours that pop dramatically on a rich black background, with added embroidery embellishment using simple stitches. Plus, wool appliqué is easy to do and incredibly portable, perfect for on-the-go projects.
Includes a 12-page instruction booklet and full-size patterns for 30 blocks and borders, printed on individual sheets.
- Beautiful, simple to construct, and spectacular-looking quilt inspired by abundant flower gardens
- For wool lovers, colour lovers and all flower lovers!
- Perfect for a block-of-the-month club, wool appliqué class or a personal challenge
Discover 26 Dresden Plate designs that shine with intricate style.
You can sew each stunning Dresden on a sewing machine or by hand using English paper piecing – Katja Marek shows you how, every step of the way. Plus, Katja's done all the math work for you. Just trace, cut and stitch for piecing that's a perfect fit!
Show off all your colourful Dresdens in six inspiring projects: a table runner, Christmas tree skirt, lap quilt, wall quilt, pillows and place mats.$39.99
Turn the corner to free-motion success with a meandering makeover! Best-selling author Angela Walters shows you that free-motion quilting doesn't have to be scary – with a couple designs in your pocket, you can finish almost any quilt on your home machine and enjoy the process.
Practice 8 meandering stitches for beginners, plus creative variations on each, with step-by-step visuals and quilted samples. Start your free-motion journey on the right foot with proven techniques to help you disguise mistakes and transition between designs with ease.
- Thrive at free-motion quilting with popular teacher and best-selling author Angela Walters
- Just starting out? Angela includes the basics of quilting and supplies
- Troubleshoot mistakes, master the meander and practice fluid movement between quilt stitches
After the international success of her first two books, Willyne Hammerstein is back in this third volume of Millefiori with awealth of 18 new quilts.
In this work, she continues to explore the richness of the Passacaglia design in brilliant compositions that are skillfully coloured; her imagination has no bounds!$64.99
Your childhood home, an old family caravan, the incredible skyscraper in your city – these are all wonderful subjects that deserve to be re-created in fabric.
Gloria Loughman teaches you to capture your favourite place in fusible appliqué. Her simple technique is easy to master, yet yields stunning results. Draw from one of three included projects, your own photo or memory and downloadable bonus patterns to assemble your own scenes that are captivating, vivid and full of character.
- Tell the story of a favourite place – Gloria shows you how to create buildings, boats, cars, doorways and more
- Quilters of all levels will love the comprehensive attention to fabric, colour and elements of design
- Practice a unique construction method for graphic quilts that resemble woodblock prints
Want inspiration for your free-motion quilting? Now you have the perfect tool!
This spiral-bound book is full of designs – just designs – and will lay flat on your work surface or your quilt to keep your hands on the quilt and that needle moving! This visual guide is filled with over 75 continuous-line designs from your favourite designers to get you stitching.
- Perfect for domestic and long-arm machines
- Full-page spreads with innovative continuous-line designs
- Lays flat for easy reference while quilting
Like speed cutting, the '10-minute' technique is revolutionizing patchwork. Fast and fabulous ... with flair!
That's what you get when you turn large blocks into speedy quilts using this handy '10-minute' technique. You can really make a 19 inch block in less than 10 minutes. That means you can sew a king-size quilt top in a day, a throw quilt in an hour or two. Imagine how many quilts you will finish this year!$19.99
This collection of 1000 quilts showcases some of today's most innovative and beautiful work.
Spanning generations and international cultures, these quilts feature intricate techniques, innovative designs and dynamic colours. From traditional nineteenth-century blocks to unique contemporary art, the images present here offer quilters of all persuasions an idea on every page to inspire a new product.$29.99
A dozen fat quarters: that's all you need to begin a beautiful quilt. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced quilter, you'll love these simple, striking and speedy quilt patterns.
- Discover simple piecing and clever colour combinations that will make your favourite fabrics shine
- These crowd-pleasing patterns look great with anyone's fat-quarter collection and finish fast
- Mix and match your fat quarters for a unique quilt that you'll be proud to call your own – or share with someone special
With their beautiful, soft sepia colour range, contemporary Japanese quilts stand out for their sophisticated reinvention of patchwork and appliqué blocks. These cool, calm quilts are as much at home in modern country style as they are in chic, urban settings. The harmonious fabrics are easily combined, often with accents of brick red, olive green, or yellow ocher, to create a new yet nostalgic style that resonates with quilters all over the world.
Susan Briscoe offers a wealth of tips, techniques and ideas for both the beginner and the experienced quilter.
The block patterns have been drafted from a variety of traditional block sources, including Japanese fabric, paper and architectural designs, and family crests. For each block there is a photograph, a clear instructional diagram or template, fabric palette and cutting guide, as well as detailed instructions for making the block. At-a-glance icons indicate skill level and techniques used.$34.99
Scraps never looked so good! This is improvisational piecing reinvented – learn how to create your own creatively-collaged swatches of fabric in just 15 minutes a day.
As you play, you'll sharpen your design skills and learn more about combining colours and prints in new ways. Discover just how distinctive classic blocks like Sawtooth Star or Flying Geese can be, when they're constructed with more spunk and spontaneity!
- Create a unique piece of "made-fabric" in just 15 minutes with Victoria's improvisational scrap-piecing methods
- Learn how to incorporate your made-fabric into traditional quilt blocks, then watch your quilt design emerge
- Includes 11 fun challenge exercises to strengthen your creative muscles, plus a quilt gallery full of inspirational images
150 mix-and-match designs for cute and cosy quilted treasures. Choose from colourful patchwork designs, geometrics and pictorial blocks featuring applique teddies, hearts, flowers, letters, numbers.
Each design has a detailed colour photo, recipe of ingredients and templates (if required). Mix-and-match ideas for using the blocks on their own (tessellated for all-over pattern) or with others in the book. Step-by-step technique photos, from selecting fabrics to embellishing the finished quilt.$19.99$12.99
When you're done piecing a quilt, do you often wonder how to finish it with free-motion quilting? Discover how to fill setting triangles, blocks and borders with a variety of traditional and modern quilting designs, divided into chapters by style: Lines and Squiggles, Curves and Pebbles, Swirls and Feathers and Just for Fun.
- Gain confidence as you follow the arrows and see how to fill a confined space with continuous-line quilting motifs that are adaptable to blocks, triangles and borders
- Discover which designs will work best before you sew by practicing your quilting; trace the designs with your finger or on tracing paper
- Whether you use a long-arm or home sewing machine, you'll enjoy quilting the wide variety of designs
Meet a creative group of quilters who love antique quilts as much as you do.
Let the Divas teach you how to stitch intricate 19th-century inspired quilts. You'll love piecing the elegant quilt blocks yourself or with friends in an ongoing block exchange.
Each classic block is presented in four strikingly different quilts that will inspire hours of pleasurable stitching with your favourite reproduction fabrics. Enjoy the love of yesteryear's quilts and true friendship exquisitely stitched together!$39.99
What do you do with all those left-over pieces once you've made your patchwork quilt? Instead of assigning them to the waste bin, save them up and you will soon have enough to stitch at least one of the fun projects in this book.
Using simple sewing, quilting and patchwork techniques, there are 20 projects to choose from, including stylish cushions, pretty little bags and a handy pincushion, all of which are quick and easy to make. If you don't use Jelly Rolls, any odd scraps of fabric can be used instead – just cut them to size and away you go!
All the templates are provided as well as some basic tips and techniques, and each project is accompanied by a list of the materials and tools you need, and clear, step-by-step instructions.$13.99
This book is a fabulous source of ideas and inspiration for simple patchwork quilt designs that are quick and satisfying to make, while also being beautiful.
The book contains 20 projects, each using a different-shaped patch. On each project page there is a template for the basic shape, reproduced at actual size, and some basic instructions for arranging the shapes and stitching them together, showing some different ways of making a design using colour and pattern.
Instructions at the start of the book explain how to enlarge the template if you want to make a larger quilt, and some basic quilting techniques, plus some guidance on how many shapes are needed to make a particular size of quilt.
Look inside the book.$13.99
Chuck Nohara was the first master to introduce and teach quilting in Japan. Her colleagues, editors and fans all agree that she simply is a genius! Quiltmania has the great privilege of once again publishing this bible of 2001 blocks which has been out of print in Japan for years.
The book is a monument of talent, fantasy and creativity where you will find 'standard' patterns redesigned and reinterpreted by Chuck Nohara. The content is exceptional and will help you create gorgeous quilts that do not have to be complicated! From Quiltmania with text in both English and French.$90.00
This directory by Louise Bell presents 201 original motifs and blocks that are enjoyable and rewarding to create. Divided into sections on motifs, projects, and ideas and techniques, the book offers an exciting mixture of traditional and original designs.
- Create beautiful blocks in a whole range of colours and patterns
- From the blocks, make original bedspreads, screens, wall hangings and cushions
- Includes step-by-step instructions for each project, practical tips and basic techniques
Create stunning modern quilts and quilted projects from jelly rolls, layer cakes and other pre-cuts fabric bundles.
Features 25 small and large projects, each made from pre-cut bundles of fabric, including full sized bed quilts, bags and table runners. Be inspired by fabulous contemporary quilt designs using the most exciting fabric lines, and use up the leftovers to make quick and easy small quilted projects.$39.99
This fun and inspiring collection of 318 original patchwork and appliqué blocks from designer Kumiko Fujita shows off her amazing talent for constructing detailed, realistic looking motifs with deceptively simple shapes.
Quilters will enjoy poring over the designs and templates for inspiration to create blocks suitable for a wide variety of projects. Patchwork and appliqué motifs are included for a variety of themes, such as: Christmas, Weddings, New Baby, Letters & Numbers, Vehicles, Animals, Flowers, Gardening, Cooking, Circus, Nautical, Sweets and more!$34.99$19.99
A compilation of the 365 free-motion quilting designs is a treasury of ideas and inspiration you'll return to again and again.
From blocks to sashing to borders, find hundreds of filler designs perfect for all of the different areas of your quilt. Feeling confused by free-motion quilting? Get back on track with Leah's quick tips on everything from machine settings to how to prepare your quilt top and backing for quilting for quilters of all skill levels.$49.99
Collected in these pages are 50 of the favourite quilts from the Editors of Quiltmaker magazine that showcase just what you can do with one or two spectacular blocks!
The selected quilts highlight or combine various techniques, including appliqué and foundation-piecing, and provide a range of quilt sizes, from table runners to queen-size bed quilts. The featured blocks are from the 100 Blocks series, which means they're interchangeable. Swap them for your favourites from the series or use the blocks from the original quilt design.
- 50 quilts in a variety of sizes
- An overview of basic techniques
- Complete instruction for creating the blocks and the quilt settings
- Quilting suggestions for the finished quilt top
- A CD-ROM of PDF templates and quilting motifs
Pick from your favourite techniques, learn a new one or combine a few – with 50 quilts to choose from, you'll have plenty of options for creating the perfect quilt!$46.99$44.99
From trapunto to appliqué, a rich variety of styles and techniques showcased in 500 Traditional Quilts.
From precision-pieced log cabins and dimensional trapunto to feathered stars and intricate appliqué, this remarkable collection captures the beauty of traditional quilts as never before. Assembled by Karey Bresenhan, a renowned figure in the quilting world, and featuring a huge roster of the very best international artists, these 500 masterpieces showcase classic patterns, forms and techniques.$39.99
Back in print by popular demand! From mini to king size bed quilts, using one block or 200 blocks, you are guaranteed to find inspiration and what you want in this splendid compendium.
- 501 four inch quilt blocks, each colour photographed and each with a full-size pattern
- 40 great projects, with complete instructions from cutting to construction and finishing
Blocks include Baltimore album wall quilt, Magic Carpet, Very Victorian wall hanging, Welcome Springtime shelf edging, Cats in the Attic cushion, Barnyard and a dozen sunbonnets, animals, birds, flowers, all the traditional blocks for piecing and appliqué plus many seldom seen.$29.99
A resource for quilters featuring 501 quilting motifs selected from more than 26 years of Quiltmaker magazine is now available in paperback. Quilters of all levels can finish gorgeous, one-of-kind quilts with these designs for hand or machine quilting.
Handy indexes cross-reference each motif by size and style, so finding the perfect one is quick and easy.
- Get clear guidelines for selecting and transferring motifs
- Find quilting motif categories such as flowers, feathers, vines and leaves, seasonal and holidays, children and teens, geometric designs and more
- Discover well over a thousand arrangements featuring the motifs
The popular Around the Block series is now presented in one handy volume.
- Features 501 pieced blocks, each with cutting and construction directions
- Each of the blocks is offered in six different sizes, resulting in more than 3000 different block possibilities
- Get the master compilation of the successful books Around the Block, Around the Block Again and Once More around the Block