Quilting, Patchwork & Applique
From traditional penny rugs to playful embellishments on a contemporary blue jean jacket, this delightful book offers something for everyone, whether you want to try wool appliqué for the first time. Projects include everything from table runners, pillows and pinkeeps to a needle book, a notebook cover, and more – all in the popular folk-art style.
- Contributing designers include Lori Brechlin, Anni Downs, Debbie Duckworth, Betty Edgell, Stacy Nash, Renée Plains and Marlene Strauser
- From traditional to more contemporary, there’s a wool project for every style and skill level
- Full-size appliqué patterns included
Turn the corner to free-motion success with a meandering makeover! Best-selling author Angela Walters shows you that free-motion quilting doesn't have to be scary – with a couple designs in your pocket, you can finish almost any quilt on your home machine and enjoy the process.
Practice 8 meandering stitches for beginners, plus creative variations on each, with step-by-step visuals and quilted samples. Start your free-motion journey on the right foot with proven techniques to help you disguise mistakes and transition between designs with ease.
- Thrive at free-motion quilting with popular teacher and best-selling author Angela Walters
- Just starting out? Angela includes the basics of quilting and supplies
- Troubleshoot mistakes, master the meander and practice fluid movement between quilt stitches
Give stashed fabrics new life with quilt patterns to make the most of your precut collection! The authors show you the basics of how to quilt from your stash, with a special focus on colour, print and scale.
The vibrant and versatile quilt patterns are tailored to precut fabric strips, squares and fat quarters. Learn how to add additional yardage, mix and match different fabric lines and design a stunning quilt from fabric you already have on hand.
- 13 fresh patterns to use your stash of precut squares, strips and fat quarters
- Alternate colourways and precut choices, such as using 3 fat quarters, 11 precut strips or 42 charm squares
- Tips for resizing quilts with multiple borders or border blocks
Your childhood home, an old family caravan, the incredible skyscraper in your city – these are all wonderful subjects that deserve to be re-created in fabric.
Gloria Loughman teaches you to capture your favourite place in fusible appliqué. Her simple technique is easy to master, yet yields stunning results. Draw from one of three included projects, your own photo or memory and downloadable bonus patterns to assemble your own scenes that are captivating, vivid and full of character.
- Tell the story of a favourite place – Gloria shows you how to create buildings, boats, cars, doorways and more
- Quilters of all levels will love the comprehensive attention to fabric, colour and elements of design
- Practice a unique construction method for graphic quilts that resemble woodblock prints
Here in its entirety is the famous Discovery, the mystery quilt created by Petra Prins with the magnificent reproduction fabrics Dutch Heritage that she designed with Nel Kooiman for Anbo Fabrics.
- Fabric guide to choose a harmonious colour pallet
- Detailed instructions with diagrams and colour illustrations
- All the templates required
- Links to YouTube videos
From Quiltmania with text in English.$39.99
Welcome to the world of cutting-edge fabric designer, Tula Pink, where clever quilts show off fanciful fabric, and your imagination can be let out to play.
Featuring fabrics that you know and love, Tula offers 20 patterns with her signature flair for colour, design and original style. Between 10 amazing quilts and 10 extra-cool companion projects, you'll be inspired to play with fabric, colour and design in a way like never before.
Step inside to find:
- 10 large quilt patterns, perfect for the bedroom or snuggling on the couch
- 10 accessory sewing projects, like an embroidered lampshade and a fabric cuckoo clock, to make your everyday life extraordinary
- Tips on choosing and combining fabrics, selecting a quilting motif, and even sketching your own fabric and pattern designs
- Step-by-step illustrations
- Super-simple sewing techniques for successful quilt making
This not only gives patterns for 1,000 quilt blocks, but the accompanying CD offers each block in six different sizes from 4" to 15" to give quilters immense flexibility.
- Blocks are organized by styles such as Four-Patch or Nine-Patch
- All blocks are shown in full colour
- There are choices for the beginner as well as more challenging ones for advanced quilters
This big treasury is a welcome addition to every quilter's library.$39.99
This collection of 1000 quilts showcases some of today's most innovative and beautiful work.
Spanning generations and international cultures, these quilts feature intricate techniques, innovative designs and dynamic colours. From traditional nineteenth-century blocks to unique contemporary art, the images present here offer quilters of all persuasions an idea on every page to inspire a new product.$29.99
This value-packed book features 101 inspiring quilt patterns in a wide array of colours and popular styles. Create doll quilts, wall quilts, table runners, candle mats, lap quilts and so much more.
- Enjoy designs from such trusted names as Country Threads, Kathleen Tracy, Kim Diehl, Little Quilts, Lori Smith and Mary Hickey
- Styles range from two-colour quilts to totally scrappy designs – use convenient precuts and fat quarters or fabrics pulled from your stash
- Try a variety of techniques with a minimal investment of time and money
A dozen fat quarters: that's all you need to begin a beautiful quilt. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced quilter, you'll love these simple, striking and speedy quilt patterns.
- Discover simple piecing and clever colour combinations that will make your favourite fabrics shine
- These crowd-pleasing patterns look great with anyone's fat-quarter collection and finish fast
- Mix and match your fat quarters for a unique quilt that you'll be proud to call your own – or share with someone special
With their beautiful, soft sepia colour range, contemporary Japanese quilts stand out for their sophisticated reinvention of patchwork and appliqué blocks. These cool, calm quilts are as much at home in modern country style as they are in chic, urban settings. The harmonious fabrics are easily combined, often with accents of brick red, olive green, or yellow ocher, to create a new yet nostalgic style that resonates with quilters all over the world.
Susan Briscoe offers a wealth of tips, techniques and ideas for both the beginner and the experienced quilter.
The block patterns have been drafted from a variety of traditional block sources, including Japanese fabric, paper and architectural designs, and family crests. For each block there is a photograph, a clear instructional diagram or template, fabric palette and cutting guide, as well as detailed instructions for making the block. At-a-glance icons indicate skill level and techniques used.$34.99
Scraps never looked so good! This is improvisational piecing reinvented – learn how to create your own creatively-collaged swatches of fabric in just 15 minutes a day.
As you play, you'll sharpen your design skills and learn more about combining colours and prints in new ways. Discover just how distinctive classic blocks like Sawtooth Star or Flying Geese can be, when they're constructed with more spunk and spontaneity!
- Create a unique piece of "made-fabric" in just 15 minutes with Victoria's improvisational scrap-piecing methods
- Learn how to incorporate your made-fabric into traditional quilt blocks, then watch your quilt design emerge
- Includes 11 fun challenge exercises to strengthen your creative muscles, plus a quilt gallery full of inspirational images
150 mix-and-match designs for cute and cosy quilted treasures. Choose from colourful patchwork designs, geometrics and pictorial blocks featuring applique teddies, hearts, flowers, letters, numbers.
Each design has a detailed colour photo, recipe of ingredients and templates (if required). Mix-and-match ideas for using the blocks on their own (tessellated for all-over pattern) or with others in the book. Step-by-step technique photos, from selecting fabrics to embellishing the finished quilt.$19.99
This outstanding quilt, inspired by a photo of a little known antique Bohemian quilt, swept Best in Show at quilt venues across the USA.
Follow Pam's journey from tragedy to celebration, as she recreates the original using an easy appliqué technique (machine stitching/fast fusing) that enables anyone to replicate "1776". Includes step-by-step directions, templates, plus 6 new quilt projects and plenty of colour photos.$54.99$19.99
When you're done piecing a quilt, do you often wonder how to finish it with free-motion quilting? Discover how to fill setting triangles, blocks and borders with a variety of traditional and modern quilting designs, divided into chapters by style: Lines and Squiggles, Curves and Pebbles, Swirls and Feathers and Just for Fun.
- Gain confidence as you follow the arrows and see how to fill a confined space with continuous-line quilting motifs that are adaptable to blocks, triangles and borders
- Discover which designs will work best before you sew by practicing your quilting; trace the designs with your finger or on tracing paper
- Whether you use a long-arm or home sewing machine, you'll enjoy quilting the wide variety of designs
Meet a creative group of quilters who love antique quilts as much as you do.
Let the Divas teach you how to stitch intricate 19th-century inspired quilts. You'll love piecing the elegant quilt blocks yourself or with friends in an ongoing block exchange.
Each classic block is presented in four strikingly different quilts that will inspire hours of pleasurable stitching with your favourite reproduction fabrics. Enjoy the love of yesteryear's quilts and true friendship exquisitely stitched together!$39.99
This book is a fabulous source of ideas and inspiration for simple patchwork quilt designs that are quick and satisfying to make, while also being beautiful.
The book contains 20 projects, each using a different-shaped patch. On each project page there is a template for the basic shape, reproduced at actual size, and some basic instructions for arranging the shapes and stitching them together, showing some different ways of making a design using colour and pattern.
Instructions at the start of the book explain how to enlarge the template if you want to make a larger quilt, and some basic quilting techniques, plus some guidance on how many shapes are needed to make a particular size of quilt.
Look inside the book.$13.99
200 Quilting Tips, Techniques & Trade Secrets takes you through the entire process of quilt making from start to finish.
The book is packed with indispensable techniques explained in full detail and illustrated with specially commissioned step-by-step photographs and artwork. Each topic is self contained on one to two pages, arranged in a logical sequence that's easy to follow, and includes troubleshooting tips to help you on your way.
In addition to useful basics, you will also learn how to:
- Rotary cut with safety and accuracy
- Use speed-piecing techniques
- Work a theme into your quilt design
- Cut "freehand curves"
- Quilt-as-you-go and save time with big-stitch quilting
- Print your own fabrics and photographic dedications
- Achieve a potential prize-winning finish to your quilt
Drawing on years of teaching experience, quiltmaker Susan Briscoe's expertise is the perfect companion to help you create a beautiful, personalized quilt to cherish.$34.99$14.99
Chuck Nohara was the first master to introduce and teach quilting in Japan. Her colleagues, editors and fans all agree that she simply is a genius! Quiltmania has the great privilege of once again publishing this bible of 2001 blocks which has been out of print in Japan for years.
The book is a monument of talent, fantasy and creativity where you will find 'standard' patterns redesigned and reinterpreted by Chuck Nohara. The content is exceptional and will help you create gorgeous quilts that do not have to be complicated! From Quiltmania with text in both English and French.$90.00
The best-selling author of 21 Terrific Patchwork Bags presents an irresistible collection of designs - from exquisite evening bags to practical portfolios and robust rucksacks. With full step-by-step directions, templates, lots of colour photos and illustrations creating unique accessories / gifts (Saddle Bag with photo transfers at the centre of 4 log cabins on either side) has never been easier.$34.99
Create stunning modern quilts and quilted projects from jelly rolls, layer cakes and other pre-cuts fabric bundles.
Features 25 small and large projects, each made from pre-cut bundles of fabric, including full sized bed quilts, bags and table runners. Be inspired by fabulous contemporary quilt designs using the most exciting fabric lines, and use up the leftovers to make quick and easy small quilted projects.$39.99
This fun and inspiring collection of 318 original patchwork and appliqué blocks from designer Kumiko Fujita shows off her amazing talent for constructing detailed, realistic looking motifs with deceptively simple shapes.
Quilters will enjoy poring over the designs and templates for inspiration to create blocks suitable for a wide variety of projects. Patchwork and appliqué motifs are included for a variety of themes, such as: Christmas, Weddings, New Baby, Letters & Numbers, Vehicles, Animals, Flowers, Gardening, Cooking, Circus, Nautical, Sweets and more!$34.99$29.99
A compilation of the 365 free-motion quilting designs is a treasury of ideas and inspiration you'll return to again and again.
From blocks to sashing to borders, find hundreds of filler designs perfect for all of the different areas of your quilt. Feeling confused by free-motion quilting? Get back on track with Leah's quick tips on everything from machine settings to how to prepare your quilt top and backing for quilting for quilters of all skill levels.$49.99
Collected in these pages are 50 of the favourite quilts from the Editors of Quiltmaker magazine that showcase just what you can do with one or two spectacular blocks!
The selected quilts highlight or combine various techniques, including appliqué and foundation-piecing, and provide a range of quilt sizes, from table runners to queen-size bed quilts. The featured blocks are from the 100 Blocks series, which means they're interchangeable. Swap them for your favourites from the series or use the blocks from the original quilt design.
- 50 quilts in a variety of sizes
- An overview of basic techniques
- Complete instruction for creating the blocks and the quilt settings
- Quilting suggestions for the finished quilt top
- A CD-ROM of PDF templates and quilting motifs
Pick from your favourite techniques, learn a new one or combine a few – with 50 quilts to choose from, you'll have plenty of options for creating the perfect quilt!$46.99$44.99
From trapunto to appliqué, a rich variety of styles and techniques showcased in 500 Traditional Quilts.
From precision-pieced log cabins and dimensional trapunto to feathered stars and intricate appliqué, this remarkable collection captures the beauty of traditional quilts as never before. Assembled by Karey Bresenhan, a renowned figure in the quilting world, and featuring a huge roster of the very best international artists, these 500 masterpieces showcase classic patterns, forms and techniques.$39.99
A resource for quilters featuring 501 quilting motifs selected from more than 26 years of Quiltmaker magazine is now available in paperback. Quilters of all levels can finish gorgeous, one-of-kind quilts with these designs for hand or machine quilting.
Handy indexes cross-reference each motif by size and style, so finding the perfect one is quick and easy.
- Get clear guidelines for selecting and transferring motifs
- Find quilting motif categories such as flowers, feathers, vines and leaves, seasonal and holidays, children and teens, geometric designs and more
- Discover well over a thousand arrangements featuring the motifs