Dolls, Bears & Soft Toys
Knitted Toys contains 14 new cute toy projects to knit for your kids and yourself.
All detailed techniques are explained with step-by-step photos with details for every level of knitter. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, and full-colour photos illustrate each design and show both close-up details and finished pieces with nice ambiences.
With toys ranging from quick and easy to more complex designs, there's something for every child and every knitter in this book.$34.99
Welcome to the charming world of Luna Lapin, a quiet and kind rabbit with impeccable taste.
Learn how to sew your own felt rabbit along with her exquisite wardrobe including 20 garment and accessory sewing patterns. Choose from a perfectly tailored wool coat, matching tweed skirt and bag or pretty lace set. Don't forget the accessories – there are bunny boots and tiny French knickers to create. Luna even has the perfect pair of pyjamas for elegant lounging and a comfy armchair to relax in.
You will be captivated by the stories surrounding Luna on her adventures as she goes for a job interview and visits the theatre. Her brother Alfie even makes an appearance in his own dapper outfit of jeans, waistcoat and tailored shirt. These adorable sewing patterns will appeal to the child in all of us and make beautiful heirloom gifts to treasure.$36.99
Rebecca Danger presents a delightful collection of over 30 irresistible toys and each project uses only about 50 yards (46 m) of yarn.
- Stitch five basic body shapes, each shown in several variations, to create knitted animals, robots, monsters and characters of every description
- Knit small projects that make great use of yarn scraps and are wonderful for ornaments, gifts, mobiles and baby toys
- Find knitted toy patterns for all skill levels, any type and any weight of yarn, and any needle size
Adorable Felted Animals shows you how you can create more than 30 endearing dogs, cats, birds and other animals using a little wool roving, a felting needle and a few simple techniques. It's easy, creative, and very relaxing.
These cute felted animals including dogs, cats, birds and other furry animals, range from the wonderfully realistic to enchantingly cute. The animals range from about 50–100 mm high, and instructions are included for turning a few of your felt creations into fun dangly accessories. A full lesson takes you through one of the projects from beginning to end, covering all the basics to ensure that you have all the skills you need to make any critter you want.$24.99
In this delightful new book, discover how to knit gorgeously detailed teddy bears along with cute accessories to dress them in.
The book contains full patterns for 10 unique bears, as well as mix-and-match accessories including a hat, scarf, cardigan and backpack.
With patterns that range from beginner to intermediate skill level, knitters can choose a project to suit and, in addition to the written knitting patterns, there is also a section on core techniques for assembling and finishing the bears to get the best results.$25.99
Enter the wonderful land of pompoms, where cute critters and creative adventures await you. All the projects in this collection begin with handmade, not pre-purchased, pompoms, and every step is laid out with easy-to-follow instructions and plenty of images.
Crafters can then create 25 charming creatures – from a sweet little bluebird to a lop-eared bunny – out of wool yarn, roving and felt.$29.99
Take the plunge with charming undersea crocheted creatures that double as tub-friendly toys! Megan Kreiner presents adorable new patterns for bathtime fun. Stitch clever gifts that are sure to make a splash: seahorses, guppies, whales, dolphins and many more.
- Create soft and safe tub toys that use water-friendly materials – such as worsted-weight cotton yarn, terry cloth and sponge stuffing
- Dive confidently into each project; patterns for these crocheted toys follow a skill-building progression
- Personalise the look with a variety of simple finishing and customising details
Anyone who has ever hankered after a country retreat in which to escape their cares and worries can have one, if only in 1/12 scale.
In her superbly presented book Christine-Léa Frisoni explains how to make a beautiful miniature French country house. Dressed in an elegant style of faded grandeur, the dolls house is full of period features and exhibits plenty of vintage appeal. It will delight all those who love the shabby chic as well as appreciate the antique.
Having made the dolls house, she explains how to build up the wall panels to provide deep recesses, fancy panelling and wall niches to add character – ideas that can be translated to any existing dolls house. Additional features include:
- Instructions to make a range of French-style furniture, fittings and even flowers are included: chairs, a folding screen, ornate light sconces, fireplaces, dressing tables and window dressing right down to the kitchen sink
- Examples of other miniature rooms guaranteed to delight the reader
- A gallery of other doll's houses at the end of the book to inspire
Popular designer Rebecca Danger presents 20 patterns for the most adorable monsters ever to climb off a pair of knitting needles. Each "stuffie" comes with complete instructions and is as easy to knit as a hat (but a lot more spunky!).
All are shown in two colourways, and most are done in two yarn weights, to help you pick the perfect yarn to suit your monster's personality. Great how-to photos are included.$24.99
Quirky, lovable and completely irresistible, these amigurumi patterns are sure to get you hooked on crochet. With designs by best-selling author Ana Paula Rímoli, you can quickly create a menagerie of soft and silly toys.
- Discover 72 projects all packed into one book
- Enjoy favourite designs from Ana's top-selling books Amigurumi World, Amigurumi Toy Box and Amigurumi Two!
- Stitch friendly faces and goofy grins on forest friends, undersea creatures, a tea set, tool set, tugboat and much, much more
- Achieve instant success using crochet stitches simple enough for the complete novice
You can create your own beautiful rag doll collection at home with Crafty Dolls with over 30 variations of adorable rag dolls to make, including a beautiful ballerina, a party princess, a bed time doll and even tiny pocket dolls.
Each classic doll pattern has a modern twist and every single one has a lovely outfit to create to match their hobby, such as fashion, music, crafting, pets and sport. You can dress your dolls up even further with accessories such as bags, shoes and jewellery.
Whether you prefer to knit your dolls or tackle sewing projects, all the templates and patterns are included so you will be able to create gorgeous dolls with ease. Jane's clear instructions and step-by-step photographs will walk you through everything you need to know, from how to make a doll, to the equipment you'll need, and how to perfect your sewing and knitting techniques.$24.99
Go a little wild as you stitch everything from lions and tigers to bears and baboons. Featuring organic materials, these imaginative toys are perfect for children of all ages. You can even create felt bananas, leaves and other zoo food, plus zany zookeepers all dressed for the part.
- Choose from more than 16 playful patterns for crochet; stitch one or two animals or construct an entire zoo set for a special gift
- Bring your zoo animals to life with clever details and ideas for customizing, such as shaggy manes, felt stripes and embroidered paws
- Complete each beautifully illustrated design in just a few hours using basic crochet skills
Sew tiny garments inspired by sweet vintage styles, including a buttoned blouse, party dress and scallop-hem skirt. Sewing enthusiasts who already know the basics can build a complete wardrobe from 9 basic patterns. Learn techniques for small-scale style, such as hemming sleeves, adding ruffles and trims, and modifying patterns for fresh looks.
- Mix and match 9 basic garment patterns for unlimited possibilities
- Sew a complete doll wardrobe of modern looks inspired by vintage designs
- Build on your sewing skills with helpful tips specific to sewing doll clothes – choosing materials, adding ruffles and trims, hemming sleeves, modifying patterns and more
The clothing patterns in this book are designed to go together quickly and easily (most can be completed in less than two hours!) with professional-looking, runway-worthy results. Templates allow you to start creating and outfitting simply fabulous fashionistas immediately, while learning techniques you can use to create your own original designs.
- Learn a paint-by-numbers method for making beautiful, one-of-a-kind faces
- Create any ethnicity with skin dying techniques
- Add even more dimension and personality to faces and bodies with needle-sculpting
- Follow step-by-step instructions for making 15 different outfits featuring gorgeous fabrics, cool closures and fun trims – from sundresses and recycled denim skirts, to embellished, pre-made sweaters
- Includes easy-to-use templates for the dolls and their outfits
This beautifully illustrated book celebrates some of the best-loved dolls' houses from the V&A Museum of Childhood, detailing the astonishing skill and craftsmanship required to create these homes in miniature scale.
The book invites you to take a close-up look at the most interesting and historically significant examples of this absorbing craft from lavish country mansions to cosy suburban villas, explores the houses' fascinating roles as both domestic teaching aids and records of contemporary lifestyle, and gives unique insights into the world of their owners.$32.99
Dress up your baby girl and boy dolls in a wardrobe of beautiful clothes and accessories. Suitable for 12, 15 and 18 inch dolls, the patterns include a great range of dresses, trousers, hair bands, sweaters, hats, scarves and shoes.
If you are looking for a special party dress, a winter outfit, a dancing tunic or special prince or princess costume, you will find them here, with instructions too for a selection of unusual garments including a safari dress, hat and bag and three fun pirate outfits.
- 90 gorgeous patterns and 33 outfits to knit and crochet
- Over 60 beautiful photographs of the finished outfits
- Includes needle and yarn conversion charts
Edward's Menagerie was a runaway success for Kerry Lord, but you weren't content with mammals alone! After constant requests for penguins, owls and chickens, Kerry is back with another collection of outstanding crochet patterns, this time for 40 unique crochet bird patterns all made with beginner crochet techniques.
These easy-to-follow tried-and-tested crochet patterns are the most diverse range of crochet birds ever published – all presented in Kerry's witty style: from Elvis the cockatoo with a karaoke addiction to Dora the narcoleptic Wood Pigeon.
Whether you're looking to crochet a duck for your sweetest niece, a peacock for your favourite teacher or a blue footed booby for a special someone then Edward's Menagerie: Birds contains the perfect pattern to get you hooked.$39.99$34.99
These 13 exquisite half-doll pincushions are dressed in silk underskirts with richly wool-embroidered top skirts adorned with silk ribbon flowers, feathers, pearls, beads, ruffled lace and crocheted edges, etc.
Includes a bridal doll, mushroom fairy, Indian in ruched ballgown, Spanish/1920’s dancers, Southern Belle. Everything you need to know to make them: pull-out patterns, step directions, full-page and close-up colour photos, requirements’ list, stitches/designs illustrated, special techniques.$19.99$9.99
Fairy Tale Knits offers six classic tales with a line-up of 20 characters to make, from Little Red Riding Hood and her wolf to the Three Bears. You'll also find a choice of heroines, including independent-minded Goldilocks, resourceful Gretel and kind-hearted Beauty. And of course they're matched with a line-up of worthy partners such as Rapunzel's prince and the enchanted Beast.
Alongside the patterns, every knit is presented within his or her original story, amusingly retold and illustrated, so that the stories can be read at bedtime.
Knit the toys, read the tales and find yourself transported straight back into childhood, where good was good, bad was bad and there was nothing surprising about a wolf in a nightgown, or three little pigs turning architect.$19.99
Craft your own whimsical world with these wonderful crochet patterns! From Snow White to Sleeping Beauty, and Red Riding Hood to Hansel and Gretel, all the best-known and loved tales are here. Not only can you make the key characters, but also scenes to go with them.
Discover, too, everything that you'll find in an enchanted forest – snow-capped fir trees, toadstool houses, a fairy ring and even a scary dragon! Some of the patterns can also be adapted for practical use: find out how to transform Rapunzel's tower into a needle case, or a fairy ring into a pin cushion.
As well as the crochet patterns, you'll find out how to put pieces together and add extra details using appliqué and decorative stitches – and all you need to know is covered in a helpful techniques section. Plus, the small scale of these delightful pieces makes them quick to complete and perfect for using up scraps of yarn, fabric and trimmings.$29.99
If you love to craft and sew, you'll have fun learning new techniques for creating a whimsical fairy, an impish elf or a sweet pincushion girl. From fabric sculpting to face painting and all the finishing touches, every captivating detail of your doll will be appreciated for years to come.
A charming gallery of variations for each project will inspire you to add distinctive character and personal flair to your creations.
- Create a special keepsake doll that your family will cherish for generations
- Each of the four projects has complete head-to-toe instructions, including details for expressive faces, perfect hair, cute clothes and an abundance of accessories
- Perfect for both beginner and experienced doll enthusiasts – learn the basics, try new techniques and sprinkle in your own unique embellishing style
This book shows you how to make 12 super-cute little dogs, including pugs, poodles, terriers and miniature dachshunds, using needle felting techniques.
Suited to both experienced felters and beginners, step-by-step photos guide you through every stage of the process, and tools and techniques are clearly explained. Each breed of dog has its own dedicated assembly instructions with measurements and actual size photographs.$21.99