Care & Maintenance
For garden lovers determined to become less reliant on reticulated supplies, and therefore less at risk of losing their gardens during times of drought. You will learn the way plants use water and the way water is stored in the soil to transform your watering practices. Provides practical information on:
* Designing, preparing and planting your garden to improve water efficiency
* Using recycled water
* Mulching and fertilising.
* Techniques to transform existing garden practices or to establish a garden from scratch.$29.95$26.95
How to use watering systems for maximum results. Includes:
- Water- and money-saving options
- Pros and cons of different water sources
- How to water using gravity, not pumps
- Affordable overhead systems
- Simple, easy-to-understand descriptions of pumping systems
Learn the six steps to a beautiful, waterwise garden (less lawn, plants grouped by water needs, efficient watering). Mostly visual directory of 200+ drought-tolerant trees, shrubs, groundcovers, bulbs & perennials, listing needs & features.
Arranged so you can dip in for advice on waterwise design, how to set up a tank/use grey water, mulch, pros/cons of various watering systems/products.$26.95$14.99
This book is intended to help gardeners avoid garden problems and to deal efficiently with any that do occur.
The hundreds of pests and diseases included in this book do not all occur in the same geographic area or in the same season. In fact years may pass before most of them are of serious concern in a particular garden. Some insects have been included only to show that although commonly seen they do very little damage and should be accepted as part of the friendly garden fauna.
The A–Z of Plant Care section outlines appropriate culture for a wide range of plants and indicates their most common pest and disease problems. It also suggests some solutions. More information about most of these problems, together with coloured photographs can be found in the Pest or Disease section.$49.99