With 55 full-page illustrations this is an historical reproduction of the original book published before 1923. (With occasional imperfections from the preservation process) It features in depth discussion on Intarsia and Marquetry including: *Historical notes-Antiquity. *Italy in Medieval and Renaissance times. *The cloistered Intarsiatori and their pupils *In Germany and Holland, England and France. *The process of manufacture *Limitations and capabilities of the art *Workshops receipts.$39.95
The author demystifies the art and science of finishing with clear and up-to-date information, including coverage of spray finishing and the new generation of water-based finishes. He describes a variety of stains, dyes, chemical treatments, bleaches and waxes used in finishing wood.
Insightful Q&As provide answers to the most common finishing questions and amusing 'Finishing Tales' show the lighter side of finishing challenges.$34.99$14.99
A comprehensive guide to all aspects of finishing, from a quick, easy wipe-on accent to a full-grain French Polish:
- Tools and equipment
- Floor seals
- Spray finishes
- Health and safetyColour photos guide you through the diverse finishes available, their characteristics and suitability for the job at hand, and the most appropriate application methods.
Wood finishing doesn't have to be complicated or confusing. And that's what this book offers; no science, no art, just easy-to-follow directions with lots of photographs to show you every step of the process.
Inside you'll find specific instructions on how to finish common woods using widely-available finishing materials – the kind of wood, stains and finish coats every home centre, paint store or hardware store carries.
Just match the wood to the final colour and result you want. Then follow the step-by-step instructions and eliminate guesswork.$39.99
An expert provides quick & effective, colour illustrated answers to 175+ most frequently asked questions:
- What finish do I need for a front door?
- Do I need to sand between each coat?
- Can I lighten a too-dark stain?
- What finish is best for items that come in contact with food?
- How do I get a uniform stain on diversely coloured woods?
- How do I fix a dent that's too deep to sand out?