Make your own knickers with this collection of six different styles of flirty, frilly pants.
The patterns have vintage appeal with their sweet retro styling and cute design features including ribbon ties and ruching. Choose from Liberty print briefs, lacy cotton pants, French knickers and stretch lace briefs, among others. There is even a pattern for how to transform a silk scarf into the perfect pair of knickers.
Includes graded patterns for all the knicker styles for UK dress sizes 8–22 patterns at 50% or you can download full size templates at the link featured in the book.$24.99
Stylish Wraps Sewing Book provides five free full-sized patterns that can be used to create 22 timeless wraps to keep the chill off – and look great in the process. All the sewing designs can be made in a few hours for a fraction of what you would pay in a store. And it is easy to mix and match different fabrics and styles to suit your wardrobe and mood.
Here are just a few of the pieces you can make with this book:
- Casual-to-dressy hooded cape
- Flowing draped jacket or vest
- Loose-and-light linen or wool coat
- Simple, feminine, lightweight poncho
- Ruffled bolero or classic blazer
- Quilted coat or vest
- Faux fur collar or stole
- And many more!
The versatility of the sewing patterns makes it easy to adapt any of the designs to suit your personal style. The patterns are easily adjusted for size, and the soft loose lines work for any figure. Whether your tastes run to ultra-feminine or ultra-classic, this great home-sewing book has something for you!$24.99
This fun, quirky book is packed with gorgeous, colourful skirts to sew for adults and children. Choose from styles such as A-line, bell, circle, straight, gathered, wraparound and elasticated, and also learn how to add underskirts or adapt a design to create maternity wear. Features include:
- 25 different skirt projects, all of which can be easily customised using the full-size pull-out patterns given in the back
- Each design is shown made from several different fabrics and with different trims to inspire your own personal style.
- Packed with tips on stitching and choosing fabric
- A comprehensive guide to cutting and using the patterns
Look inside the book.$34.99
Follow Wendy Ward’s tutorials to make a wide range of stylish skirts. From 8 basic shapes — circle, A-line, stretch pencil, wrap, bubble, tailored pencil, front-opening and culottes — you will learn the skills to make variations that have pockets, colour blocking, gathers, ruching, darts and much more.
All the basic techniques you will need are also explained, so you’ll feel confident with essentials like inserting zippers, attaching waistbands, gathering, pleats, making buttonholes and adding linings. There are also handy hints and tips on how to take measurements and on choosing the right fabric.
Upsate your wardrobe with unique skirts that are a perfect fit. Includes three full-size pattern sheets for US dress sizes 4 to 22.$39.99
Sew the perfect tunic to express your style – from simple and modest to daring and chic! Sarah Gunn and Julie Starr make the tunic accessible and exciting for those with basic sewing skills and beyond.
- Create chic, ready-to-wear tunics with a multi-length, graded pattern and expert construction tips
- Choose your style – casual, preppy, boho or glamorous – with interchangeable sleeves, neck plackets and collars
- Get advice on shopping for fabric and trims, guided by a huge gallery of inspiring tunic tops
A fascinator is a chic little adornment, not quite a traditional hat but more than a headband, that suits any occasion and any time of day. Style mavens in England are credited with setting off an international fascination with fascinators; this smashing headwear now appears everywhere, donning the heads of celebrities and A-listers on the red carpet to today's fashionable brides, who are tossing aside their traditional veils for fascinators bedazzled with crystals and feathers. This is the first craft book of its kind with how-tos for fascinators, floral crowns, tiaras, and more: 25 in all, plus variations on each project—there are even sweet projects suitable for little girls. Fascinators range from dressy professional to black-tie elegant.$29.99
Here are over 40 new whimsical felt crafts to celebrate Christmas with handmade style.
Create pretty ornaments like Beaded Star Baubles, Sparkly Icicles, a Shining Star Tree Topper (and a partridge in a pear tree), a pink poinsettia wreath, Yule log, snow bunny tree skirt and lots of stockings to hang by the chimney with care. These wintery items will make your season merry and bright.$24.99
Featuring 20 fabric flowers to adorn shoes, bags, clothes, hairclips or interiors and they are all simple to sew. Learn how to make an embroidered felt daisy, a shabby chic flower, a vintage tulle flower and much more.
Stitch instructions are included, templates are supplied and you will need to add the required finding to turn the flower into a finished piece; Sew-on, Stick-on or Permanent attachment.
Most of the flowers can be made in an afternoon to complement the dress you are wearing that night!$12.99
Give a new lease on life to a favourite old skirt, transform thrift store finds into runway-worthy fashions with clever customisations and how to make and decorate a skirt from scratch using the handy bound-in pattern template.
For sewers of all levels, you will learn how to:
- Manipulate fabric to create amazing effects such as ruffles, loops, and layers
- Produce unusual decorations using beads, buttons, badges, ribbons and myriad found objects
- Create unique prints and patterns with pens, paints and foil
Includes step-by-step instructions and inspirational exercises to get creativity flowing.$39.99$17.99
A cute collection of 50 animal-themed fabric projects include teddy bears, rabbits, birds, sheep, cows, pigs, fish, mice and many more in a range of traditional, bright and natural fabrics and finishes.
There is also a selection of appliqu and embroidery projects, such as an owl mobile-phone pouch, a fish motif glasses case, a seagull cushion and a child's bear-design coat, as well as a key ring, purse, scarf and baby's cot quilt.
Features easy-to-follow instructions along with the full pattern templates.$34.99
More sensational bag-making projects from the author of The Bag Making Bible.
The book features:
- 12 new bag designs plus several accessories and variations, all designed to be both attractive and useful for busy bag-makers on the go
- Instructions to make bags of different sizes to suit every occasion, from purses and organisers to grocery bags and backpacks
- Full-size patterns on three separate pull-out sheets so that you can get started right away – no photocopying or enlarging required
- Detailed instructions for all techniques, including using a sewing machine and a new zip technique
Aimed at anyone who has ever wanted to create their own garment from scratch or just fix a hem.
Covers machine and hand sewing techniques, with over 180 sewing techniques explained. All techniques are meticulously demonstrated with step-by-step photographs to achieve a professional outcome. Readers are encouraged to develop their own creativity with plenty of hints and tips used by professional sewers.
Includes sewing machine basics, equipment and supplies, working with patterns and fabrics and troubleshooting tips.$34.99
This extensive how-to text focuses on garment construction for smocking enthusiasts and is the ideal companion to the A–Z of Smocking.
Presented in an easy to use style, this book is overflowing with hundreds of step-by-step photographs and invaluable hints for creating beautiful heirloom garments from blouses to bridesmaids' dresses.
Look inside the book.$34.99
The authors have created a book packed full of designs for bags, accessories and delightful items for the home in a style that is fresh and feminine.
Each project is carefully described with an emphasis on the function and practicality of the projects, which are divided into five sections: gifts, family-life projects, household items, personal items, and garden and entertainment decorations. The sewing designs are characterized by a simple, vintage-floral-patterned style.
- Contains 19 sewing projects suitable for all abilities
- Includes a fold-out sheet at the back of the book containing all the pattern pieces reproduced actual size
- The soft, feminine styles will appeal to contemporary as well as more traditional home-makers
This festive collection from designer Julie Creus brings together bright fabrics, ingenious construction methods and a large dash of whimsy to make 3-D effects like you’ve never seen before in fabric. From lily pad table runners to extravagant flower brooches to giant butterfly fans, these projects are fun to make for yourself, your children, and your home.
Julie’s inventive methods make the sewing easy, whether you are a beginning sewist or an expert.
- Create usable 3-D art with ingenious new techniques for fabric folding, fusing, weaving and thread wrapping
- 20 vibrant projects – jewellery, table decor, pillows, sewing accessories, holiday decorations, children’s softies and balls
- Scrap-friendly projects are usable as well as beautiful and fun to make
Projects and stories celebrating hand-sewing, quilting, and embroidery for contemporary sustainable style.
Internationally acclaimed designer shares the traditional techniques, learnt from her family, that she and her stitchers have refined to create their handmade Alabama couture from recycled cotton jersey. She discusses Alabama's cotton industry's rise and fall / why she is dedicated to creating sustainable designs.
Features 20 projects, stencil, bead embroidery postcard, reusable sewing patterns.$39.99
Alabama Studio Sewing + Design is an invaluable reference for any woman who has dreamed of creating her own gorgeous handmade wardrobe.
Author Natalie Chanin presents all of the stenciling, hand-stitching and beading techniques her company uses to create her award-winning line of organic cotton clothing, plus more than 50 variations that lead to infinite design possibilities.
Includes patterns and instructions for dresses, skirts, tops, a wrap, a poncho, a bolero, fingerless gloves and a hat. Each piece is featured in both its basic form and with varying embellishment combinations. By mixing, matching and layering, a stunning, unique and versatile wardrobe can be built.
In this final volume of the four-book series, Natalie Chanin offers three new core patterns – the A-Line Dress/Tunic/Top, the Long and Short Wrap Skirt and the Classic Coat/Jacket/Cardigan – and a guide to customizing garments to fit and flatter. Additional highlights include:
- 9 core garment patterns with up to 34 standard variations, plus 3 bonus pocket patterns
- Patterns from the entire Alabama Studio book series with the additional XXL size
- 5 full-scale stencil designs, plus a free bonus download available from Alabama Chanin’s website
- Useful, convenient CD that minimizes its ecological footprint by conserving paper
Take a compelling journey of creativity, technique, and inspiration! The author shares her stitching, stenciling, and beading methods and applies them to twenty extraordinary clothing and home décor projects, each made with organic or recycled materials and designed with 'haute homespun' flair.
Featured projects include skirts, scarves, pillows, woven chair seats, and a stenciled scrap-wood table. The book shows us that true style encompasses not only what we wear, how we decorate, and what we eat, but also how we care for our environment.$44.99
New Fabric Savvy is updated to include detailed information on 107 different fabrics. It includes must-know information on determining fabric content, working with knits, working with different types of interfacing as well as removing stains and choosing lining material, recommended tools and notions and illustrated reference sections on seams, details, closures and hems.
Organised alphabetically, the 107 fabrics include old favourites (cotton, wool, knits and silks) to new options, some of which you might never have heard of or sewn with – synthetics, those that resist water, sun, stains and wrinkles, those made from animal hides and, of course, their faux cousins, those regenerated from wood pulp and many more.$54.99$39.99
Discover a roomful of 20 distinctive designs in this budget-friendly collection that young moms will adore.
- Little sewing experience is needed for many patterns
- Versatile projects for at home or on the go include a baby carrier, sleep sack, diaper-change bag and toys
- Use mom-tested patterns to create your own colour-coordinated nursery
This mouthwateringly colourful book contains 20 beautiful bags to sew from popular designer Debbie von Grabler-Crozier. It includes a huge variety of different styles and sizes, from totes and bucket bags to backpacks, clutches and shoulder bags, and Debbie makes each one easy.
The book contains a complete guide to all the techniques needed, shown using easy-to-follow step-by-step photography. Also included is a section on creating beautiful finishing touches, including embroidery, appliqué, crocheted flowers, beaded charms and labelling. All the templates required are included on a handy pull-out sheet.
Look inside the book.$34.99
Introduces, explains and demonstrates the myriad materials, hardware, tools and techniques available to the modern crafter, including using the sewing machine.
Each fully illustrated chapter ends with a unique, step-by-step project that builds the ultimate handbag wardrobe, with tips for customisation. Eight full size patterns on a separate pullout section mean you can get started right away-no photocopying or enlarging required.$44.99$39.99
Sew chic, dark-toned clothes with this stylish sewing book and add a touch of originality to your wardrobe. All of the styles and fashion are easily customized to create your own personal style, and there is truly something for everyone and every occasion in this book.
- 26 basic garments, along with detailed, easy-to-follow diagrams and instructions
- Simple lines make these garments perfect for women of all ages and all sizes
- Thoroughly modern and practical, ranging from softly feminine or straight-line simple to smartly-tailored or loosely-deconstructed
- Includes a complete pattern for each design that is easily adjusted to fit your body form
Don't just say it ... sew it! This charming collection of lets everyone in your life know how much you love them. With patterns for all skill levels, step-by-step directions and plenty of inspiring ideas for personalizing each gift, Because I Love You Sew is undeniably straight from the heart.
- Make handmade gifts for family, friends, co-workers, kids or even yourself!
- Featuring 17 gift-giving projects, perfect for all skill levels
- Projects include quilts, bags, holiday décor, accessories and so much more
This book is a guide to how to make your own clothes even if you have never done so before. It even includes multi-sized paper patterns for all the garments so you can get started immediately.
As well as step-by-step instructions for all the basic dressmaking techniques, there are six garments to choose from. The garments include a maxi dress/skirt, jersey top, simple jacket, trousers, fishtail skirt and a shift dress.
The author has also included advanced techniques for optional items such as pockets and collars which you can choose to add to the basic patterns as your skills improve.$49.99