Celebrate vintage style in Vintage Made #9.
People and Fashion
- Stepping Back in Time by Eleanor Keene
- Fashioning Turbans by Eleanor Keane
- Something Old and Something New by Gabriella Holok
- A Nautical Collection
- Little Ol’ Beryl from Bondi by Lindie Ward
- Modern Retro by Eleanor Keene
Lifestyle & Entertainment
- Embroidery from the Past: Making the Australian Quilt by Lynda Worthington
- Paragon Art Needlecraft Pty Ltd by Lynda Worthington
- The House that Jack Built by Eleanor Keene
- Flapper Lace Dress Pattern (sizing from 6 to 26 with beautifully illustrated instructions) by Ann Grose
- Vintage Baby Bonnet
- Easy to Make Shift Dress by Mary Smith
- A Very Vintage Afternoon Tea by Eleanor Keene
Food & Technology
- Australian Made Cooking: ANZAC Biscuits, Damper, etc by Muriel Farquhar
- Australian Made by Muriel Farquhar
Welcome to the charming world of Luna Lapin, a quiet and kind rabbit with impeccable taste.
Learn how to sew your own felt rabbit along with her exquisite wardrobe including 20 garment and accessory sewing patterns. Choose from a perfectly tailored wool coat, matching tweed skirt and bag or pretty lace set. Don't forget the accessories – there are bunny boots and tiny French knickers to create. Luna even has the perfect pair of pyjamas for elegant lounging and a comfy armchair to relax in.
You will be captivated by the stories surrounding Luna on her adventures as she goes for a job interview and visits the theatre. Her brother Alfie even makes an appearance in his own dapper outfit of jeans, waistcoat and tailored shirt. These adorable sewing patterns will appeal to the child in all of us and make beautiful heirloom gifts to treasure.$36.99
Learn how to construct these cheerful little fabric shapes using the full-size templates provided, and then use them to create unique patchwork projects.
Step-by-step colour photographs illustrate various techniques, including English paper piecing, hand-pieced inset seams and special hexagon-specific quilting methods. Once these have been mastered, readers can try their hand at the collection of 12 adorable patchwork projects, including a floral-inspired mini quilt, retro tea cosy and zippered pencil case.
These hexie-based paper piecing projects work up quickly and easily, making them ideal hand-sewing projects for weekend crafting and quilting on the go.$28.99
Revamp your wardrobe and maximise its usage with this comprehensive practical guide to maintaining and altering your clothes. Acclaimed costumer and expert tailor J François-Campbell guides you through ten tailoring techniques, covering everything from replacing buttons to changing a garment's shape.
If you're looking for better-fitting clothes or simply to prolong the life of your garments, this book will show you how with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions. Projects include: skirts, dresses, trousers, jackets, shirts, coats and capes, boiler suits, jumpers, waistcoats and ties.$29.99
Stylish Wraps Sewing Book provides five free full-sized patterns that can be used to create 22 timeless wraps to keep the chill off – and look great in the process. All the sewing designs can be made in a few hours for a fraction of what you would pay in a store. And it is easy to mix and match different fabrics and styles to suit your wardrobe and mood.
Here are just a few of the pieces you can make with this book:
- Casual-to-dressy hooded cape
- Flowing draped jacket or vest
- Loose-and-light linen or wool coat
- Simple, feminine, lightweight poncho
- Ruffled bolero or classic blazer
- Quilted coat or vest
- Faux fur collar or stole
- And many more!
The versatility of the sewing patterns makes it easy to adapt any of the designs to suit your personal style. The patterns are easily adjusted for size, and the soft loose lines work for any figure. Whether your tastes run to ultra-feminine or ultra-classic, this great home-sewing book has something for you!$24.99
Sew the perfect tunic to express your style – from simple and modest to daring and chic! Sarah Gunn and Julie Starr make the tunic accessible and exciting for those with basic sewing skills and beyond.
- Create chic, ready-to-wear tunics with a multi-length, graded pattern and expert construction tips
- Choose your style – casual, preppy, boho or glamorous – with interchangeable sleeves, neck plackets and collars
- Get advice on shopping for fabric and trims, guided by a huge gallery of inspiring tunic tops
Here are over 40 new whimsical felt crafts to celebrate Christmas with handmade style.
Create pretty ornaments like Beaded Star Baubles, Sparkly Icicles, a Shining Star Tree Topper (and a partridge in a pear tree), a pink poinsettia wreath, Yule log, snow bunny tree skirt and lots of stockings to hang by the chimney with care. These wintery items will make your season merry and bright.$24.99
Make your own gorgeous bunting designs in a range of stunning fabrics and finishes – perfect sewing projects to adorn the home and garden. These designs are also great for parties, weddings or to celebrate Christmas.
- 20 Designs
- All patterns included for Christmas Tree Bunting, Name Bunting, Pleated Fan, Lace Flower Bunting and more!
Featuring 20 fabric flowers to adorn shoes, bags, clothes, hairclips or interiors and they are all simple to sew. Learn how to make an embroidered felt daisy, a shabby chic flower, a vintage tulle flower and much more.
Stitch instructions are included, templates are supplied and you will need to add the required finding to turn the flower into a finished piece; Sew-on, Stick-on or Permanent attachment.
Most of the flowers can be made in an afternoon to complement the dress you are wearing that night!$12.99
Alistair Macdonald shows you how to make gorgeously sumptuous items for a fraction of the price they are in the shops.
There are 20 projects to choose from, including a glamorous fake-fur scarf, a fun furry pink cushion and a 'must-have' fluffy purse. The pair of pretty fake-fur trimmed mittens will make any little girl feel like a princess, and the super-snug collar, headband and gloves are perfect for staying warm on cold winter days.
With a range of projects to suit all tastes and abilities, this is the perfect book for spoiling yourself, your family or your friends with a handmade faux-fur gift.
Look inside the book.$12.99$5.99
Alistair MacDonald has created 20 fantastic designs for mini bunting to decorate your home or party venue for special occasions or at any time.
There will be something for everyone among Alistair's fresh, modern and quirky designs, which include mistletoe bunting for Christmas, tweedy bunting with button ladybirds, green shamrock bunting for St Patrick's day and flag themed bunting with gold ropes and a skull and crossbones.
Techniques are explained at the beginning with diagrams, and then it is straight on to 20 fantastic designs.$12.99
A cute collection of 50 animal-themed fabric projects include teddy bears, rabbits, birds, sheep, cows, pigs, fish, mice and many more in a range of traditional, bright and natural fabrics and finishes.
There is also a selection of appliqu and embroidery projects, such as an owl mobile-phone pouch, a fish motif glasses case, a seagull cushion and a child's bear-design coat, as well as a key ring, purse, scarf and baby's cot quilt.
Features easy-to-follow instructions along with the full pattern templates.$34.99
More sensational bag-making projects from the author of The Bag Making Bible.
The book features:
- 12 new bag designs plus several accessories and variations, all designed to be both attractive and useful for busy bag-makers on the go
- Instructions to make bags of different sizes to suit every occasion, from purses and organisers to grocery bags and backpacks
- Full-size patterns on three separate pull-out sheets so that you can get started right away – no photocopying or enlarging required
- Detailed instructions for all techniques, including using a sewing machine and a new zip technique
Aimed at anyone who has ever wanted to create their own garment from scratch or just fix a hem.
Covers machine and hand sewing techniques, with over 180 sewing techniques explained. All techniques are meticulously demonstrated with step-by-step photographs to achieve a professional outcome. Readers are encouraged to develop their own creativity with plenty of hints and tips used by professional sewers.
Includes sewing machine basics, equipment and supplies, working with patterns and fabrics and troubleshooting tips.$34.99
This extensive how-to text focuses on garment construction for smocking enthusiasts and is the ideal companion to the A–Z of Smocking.
Presented in an easy to use style, this book is overflowing with hundreds of step-by-step photographs and invaluable hints for creating beautiful heirloom garments from blouses to bridesmaids' dresses.
Look inside the book.$34.99
The authors have created a book packed full of designs for bags, accessories and delightful items for the home in a style that is fresh and feminine.
Each project is carefully described with an emphasis on the function and practicality of the projects, which are divided into five sections: gifts, family-life projects, household items, personal items, and garden and entertainment decorations. The sewing designs are characterized by a simple, vintage-floral-patterned style.
- Contains 19 sewing projects suitable for all abilities
- Includes a fold-out sheet at the back of the book containing all the pattern pieces reproduced actual size
- The soft, feminine styles will appeal to contemporary as well as more traditional home-makers
This festive collection from designer Julie Creus brings together bright fabrics, ingenious construction methods and a large dash of whimsy to make 3-D effects like you’ve never seen before in fabric. From lily pad table runners to extravagant flower brooches to giant butterfly fans, these projects are fun to make for yourself, your children, and your home.
Julie’s inventive methods make the sewing easy, whether you are a beginning sewist or an expert.
- Create usable 3-D art with ingenious new techniques for fabric folding, fusing, weaving and thread wrapping
- 20 vibrant projects – jewellery, table decor, pillows, sewing accessories, holiday decorations, children’s softies and balls
- Scrap-friendly projects are usable as well as beautiful and fun to make
Projects and stories celebrating hand-sewing, quilting, and embroidery for contemporary sustainable style.
Internationally acclaimed designer shares the traditional techniques, learnt from her family, that she and her stitchers have refined to create their handmade Alabama couture from recycled cotton jersey. She discusses Alabama's cotton industry's rise and fall / why she is dedicated to creating sustainable designs.
Features 20 projects, stencil, bead embroidery postcard, reusable sewing patterns.$39.99
Alabama Studio Sewing + Design is an invaluable reference for any woman who has dreamed of creating her own gorgeous handmade wardrobe.
Author Natalie Chanin presents all of the stenciling, hand-stitching and beading techniques her company uses to create her award-winning line of organic cotton clothing, plus more than 50 variations that lead to infinite design possibilities.
Includes patterns and instructions for dresses, skirts, tops, a wrap, a poncho, a bolero, fingerless gloves and a hat. Each piece is featured in both its basic form and with varying embellishment combinations. By mixing, matching and layering, a stunning, unique and versatile wardrobe can be built.
In this final volume of the four-book series, Natalie Chanin offers three new core patterns – the A-Line Dress/Tunic/Top, the Long and Short Wrap Skirt and the Classic Coat/Jacket/Cardigan – and a guide to customizing garments to fit and flatter. Additional highlights include:
- 9 core garment patterns with up to 34 standard variations, plus 3 bonus pocket patterns
- Patterns from the entire Alabama Studio book series with the additional XXL size
- 5 full-scale stencil designs, plus a free bonus download available from Alabama Chanin’s website
- Useful, convenient CD that minimizes its ecological footprint by conserving paper
Take a compelling journey of creativity, technique, and inspiration! The author shares her stitching, stenciling, and beading methods and applies them to twenty extraordinary clothing and home décor projects, each made with organic or recycled materials and designed with 'haute homespun' flair.
Featured projects include skirts, scarves, pillows, woven chair seats, and a stenciled scrap-wood table. The book shows us that true style encompasses not only what we wear, how we decorate, and what we eat, but also how we care for our environment.$44.99
Rich selection of scaled dressmaker's patterns from the popular late 19th-century magazine The Voice of Fashion.
Details 50 garments for women, from handsome daytime and evening dresses to casual tennis outfits, a riding habit, and undergarments. Of practical use for costume designers and students of fashion. 498 illustrations.$24.99
Discover a roomful of 20 distinctive designs in this budget-friendly collection that young moms will adore.
- Little sewing experience is needed for many patterns
- Versatile projects for at home or on the go include a baby carrier, sleep sack, diaper-change bag and toys
- Use mom-tested patterns to create your own colour-coordinated nursery
Introduces, explains and demonstrates the myriad materials, hardware, tools and techniques available to the modern crafter, including using the sewing machine.
Each fully illustrated chapter ends with a unique, step-by-step project that builds the ultimate handbag wardrobe, with tips for customisation. Eight full size patterns on a separate pullout section mean you can get started right away-no photocopying or enlarging required.$44.99$39.99
Sew chic, dark-toned clothes with this stylish sewing book and add a touch of originality to your wardrobe. All of the styles and fashion are easily customized to create your own personal style, and there is truly something for everyone and every occasion in this book.
- 26 basic garments, along with detailed, easy-to-follow diagrams and instructions
- Simple lines make these garments perfect for women of all ages and all sizes
- Thoroughly modern and practical, ranging from softly feminine or straight-line simple to smartly-tailored or loosely-deconstructed
- Includes a complete pattern for each design that is easily adjusted to fit your body form
This book is a guide to how to make your own clothes even if you have never done so before. It even includes multi-sized paper patterns for all the garments so you can get started immediately.
As well as step-by-step instructions for all the basic dressmaking techniques, there are six garments to choose from. The garments include a maxi dress/skirt, jersey top, simple jacket, trousers, fishtail skirt and a shift dress.
The author has also included advanced techniques for optional items such as pockets and collars which you can choose to add to the basic patterns as your skills improve.$49.99