Paula Nadelstern shows you how to design simple but stunning quilts with the help of vivacious fabric prints.
- Discover your fabric’s hidden potential and sew complex-looking quilts that are easy to piece
- Understand symmetry in fabrics and fool the eye with daring design strategies
- Fussy cut prints to perfection with self-drafted templates and camouflage seams for luminous effects
Inspired by the work od Edyta Sitar, this durable plastic tote bag with strong fabric handles is ideal for carrying your quilting supplies and anything else.
The bag measures 390 x 370 x 160 mm.$14.99
This beautiful, practical book is a comprehensive guide to shibori, packed with both traditional and inventive stitch-resist techniques, a complete dyeing guide and an inspirational gallery of Jane's work. The book is broken into three sections:
- Section 1 shows all the key stitch-resist techniques needed – from the basics right through to creating intricate designs – and all are clearly explained with photography and illustrations
- Section 2 shows how to use motifs to plan and create pattern
- Section 3 contains a complete guide to dyeing – containing recipes, tips and advice
This book contains all the information a beginner will need to get started – including tips on dyeing in small spaces and a guide to all the health and safety considerations – but is also packed with innovative techniques and inspiring designs that will appeal to the experienced textile artist too.
Look inside the book.$48.99
Make treasured art quilts from bits of cloth, stitched motifs and painted details. This visual, step-by-step guide will help you unlock your own artistic vision as you quilt in a series, finish small art pieces and incorporate meaningful symbols into your work.
- Tap into your creative muse! Art quilt inspiration, techniques and checklists presented in 8 easy-to-use design guides
- Uncomplicated, visual guide to fabric collage with practice pieces to help you gain expertise
- Tell your own artistic story with colours, materials and beloved symbols
Pattern Making Templates for Skirts and Dresses is the ultimate resource for demystifying the pattern making process.
Packed with useful advice and practical instructions, this book is a must-have for anyone looking to create their own customised pattern templates for women's clothes. With its jargon-free text and easy-to-use downloadable blocks, this accessible title gives readers the expert information they need to perfectly adapt and fit each piece to their body exactly.
In addition, readers will then learn how to transform their blocks into different pattern types, from pencil skirts to pinafores, and godet skirts to full-length gowns. Answering a whole host of common questions about making skirts and dresses, this title takes into account key priorities such as styling, fit and functionality.
Look inside the book.$34.99
A beautifully illustrated publication with a fashion-forward feel, Fashion Crochet contains 30 crochet projects for a range of accessories and clothing items. Utterly contemporary and stylish, the projects incorporate a wide cross-section of techniques from granny squares and knotwork to lace and hairpin crochet.
This inspiring and chic book is divided into chapters on accessories, such as shawls, scarves, bags, hats, jewellery and decorative items, and separates, such as dresses, skirts, tops and beachwear. Each project is accompanied by fashion photographs showing the inspiration for the piece, and offers ideas on how to wear the item.
Essential tools and techniques are clearly explained – from crochet hooks, working stitches and how to measure tension to adding embellishments and finishing off – with line drawings provided for more complicated techniques.$34.99$14.99