Soraya French encourages you to experiment with mixing media and to create more adventurous paintings and broaden your artistic horizons using acrylics, pastels and collage. She shows how to bring the best out of mixing these media with handy tips, some simple projects and several step-by-step demonstrations. The book features:
- Seasonal chapters, with each section dealing with the colours, shapes, patterns and textures particular to each season
- Information on mixing colours relevant to each season
- Interesting ways of painting flowers and other details of nature, how to create exciting compositions and how to add architectural aspects within the landscape
- Figures may be added in order to animate the composition and create a narrative
This practical, contemporary guide to the exciting and varied world of raised embroidery is written by Kelley Aldridge, an expert teacher with the Royal School of Needlework.
The book features an introduction to the RSN and its prestigious heritage. It reveals the history and context of raised embroidery and showcases galleries of inspiring raised embroidery work. This is primarily a practical, instructional guide that offers a complete grounding in the techniques you need for raised embroidery: it contains a comprehensive stitch guide and leads the reader through each technique using clear step-by-step photography and easy-to-follow expert guidance.
The book contains three beautiful projects that put these techniques into practice and showcase additional advanced techniques.
Look inside the book.$46.99
In this new edition of the indispensable and easy-to use guide, readers can discover the variety in origami paper art with these fully updated instructions.
Easy-to-follow diagrams and step-by-step instructions describe how to create beautiful models with a combination of fantastic traditional papers and stunning modern prints, and the simple folding sequences inside can be used as the base for many different designs then combined to create over 50 specially chosen projects that will charm and entertain.
Whether folding for fun and relaxation, to create useful vessels and boxes, or to amuse and fascinate children, this is an essential reference for the beginner and experienced folder alike.
Look inside the book.$39.99
Sew a slice of life with 12 traditional quilts that prove to be more than just patterns but storytellers.
- Each quilt is inspired by life events that everyone can appreciate
- Bold blocks shimmer in their use of colour, value and repetition for handsome quilts with personality to boot
- Repeated blocks will stretch your skills beyond the basics, inviting you to perfect techniques such as strip piecing, half-square triangles, working with templates, paper piecing, machine appliqué and sewing set-in seams and curves in a way that's easy to understand
Ann Small's imaginative use of cutting and manipulating techniques, and her layering and colouring tricks, makes this your go-to guide for bringing form and texture to your fabric artwork.
This book is a rich resource and reference for textile artists seeking new ideas and who want to experiment with reverse appliqué and related techniques such as layering, trapunto, stacks, puffs and fabric manipulation.
- Packed with techniques suitable for quilting and other textile art
- Three wearable step-by-step projects
- Clear, close-up images make layering enjoyable and accessible
Look inside the book.$46.99
Africa is deeply embedded in Sue Spargo's soul and her story is told a vast canvas that is Folk-Tails.
Along with the design, Sue incorporates her love of bright vibrant colours, hand dyed wools, creating dimension with layering of velvets and textural fabrics along with creative embroidery. The quilt desiign features:
- 30 blocks each with detailed instructions, a full-size diagram, stitches used and colour photos
- Finishing instructons
- Materials list
- Plus entertaining folk stories about the animals and myths in each block
The finished quilt measures 110 by 95 cm (43½ by 37½ inches).
About the Author Sue Spargo is a renowned folk quilt designer, noted for her colourful wool appliqué that is transformed by her rich and creative embellishment.$44.99