Take the fear out of quilting feathers and explore modern feather designs with step-by-step guidance from award-winning quilter Natalia Bonner. Unlike traditional feather quilting, which relies on exactness and precision, Natalia’s ideas will help you break away from perfection and find creativity in your quilting practice.
- 68 modern feather designs with beginner-friendly techniques
- Kick your feather fears to the curb with an easy-to-use guide for domestic and longarm quilters
- Finish blocks and borders with unique feather motifs to complement today’s modern quilts
Alli Bartkowski explains the basic tools and techniques of quilling, from curling and crimping the paper to forming scrolls, strips and rolls.
Detailed step-by-step photos show all the shapes needed for the projects, which come in an assortment of 100, 150 and 200mm designs with projects for the beginner, intermediate and advanced quiller. Feel the calm and serenity created by the repetitive motions as you quill a Crimson Flower, Sunset, Snowflake, Peacock and other vivid, beautiful mandalas.$29.99
Spanning four centuries, the V&A's Fashion Collection is the most comprehensive in the world, housing unrivalled collections of dress, accessories, shoes and hats from the seventeenth century to the present day.
This thoroughly revised and redesigned edition shows the collection, from rare eighteenth-century gowns and exquisite bodices to 1930s evening wear, post-war couture and show-stopping ensembles by contemporary designers. Among the designers featured are Charles Frederick Worth, Madeleine Vionnet, Coco Chanel, Cristobal Balenciaga, Christian Dior, Mary Quant, Stephen Jones, Vivienne Westwood and Alexander McQueen.$29.99
Are you swimming in fabric scraps from sewing garments, bags and quilts? Learn to rescue and reuse fabric leftovers with 12 stunning, colourful quilt patterns for scrap lovers. Judy Gauthier teaches you her indispensable system for cutting usable squares from "real," oddly shaped scraps, not just strips or precuts!
- Quilt 12 scrap-quilt projects from easy 3½ , 4½ and 5½ inch squares
- Organize colourful fabric scraps into usable pieces to sew beginner-friendly quilts with personality
- Get a concrete plan for using mismatched and oddly shaped scraps – the green and economical way to sew
Sue Heaser shows readers how to create intricate silver charms – from keys and padlocks to fairies and animals – using metal clay. The book features:
- Step-by-step instructions for 50 beautiful projects
- An overview of the necessary tools and materials
- Guidance for essential skills like molding, finishing and firing
- Design methods for beginners as well as more experienced sculptors
- Ideas for creating your own signature pieces
Learn to become one with nature and create beautiful flower arrangements with Being with Flowers.
Master floral sculptor Anthony Ward shows you how to use your relationship to flowers to incorporate peace in your life and create beautiful floral designs. Including creative exercises, guided meditations and step-by-step flower arrangements, he shows you how to appreciate the natural art of each flower to create the perfect arrangement.$34.99