William J Lewis & Donald Alexander
This comprehensive and clearly written, practical guide to all of the grafting and budding techniques for the professional or home gardener. The basics of budding, grafting and multi-grafting are explained with step-by-step instructions for making the special cuts used in grafting and budding including T-budding, chip budding and patch budding, the splice graft, wedge graft, whip and tongue graft, side graft, bark graft and approach graft, the grafting of herbaceous plants and machine bench grafting. More than 60 sketches and photographs are included to help illustrate various aspects of the skill of grafting.
* Detailed step-by-step instructions
* Covers all methods for grafting and budding
* Clearly illustrated with photographs and line drawings
* Covers ornamental species such as roses, conifers and Australian natives in addition to fruit and nut plants
* Advice on the selection of scion wood, the preparation of rootstocks and the after-care of grafted plants.